**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

ja1314fa8p921.jpg

Y’all remember that Memphis game when they had 8 active players and blew us out? You just never know

Would be nice to get 3 straight wins and extend the streak

You can’t categorize a whole fan base like that. There may be racist people in stadiums all over the place doesn’t make all the fans racist

You can’t categorize a whole fan base like that. There may be racist people in stadiums all over the place doesn’t make all the fans racist
Oh no you must not have heard all the stories from these players. Every time I hear a former player talk about the toughest crowds they go into how racist it is in Utah. The stuff they hear in different parts of the crowd. It ain't just one section. I feel real comfortable saying a large group of them are racist.

"Last year, during the Golden State series that I talked about earlier, fans apparently shouted racist comments at African-American players on the Warriors.

Talking about the difference between playing at home compared to on the road during the series against the Jazz, Warriors forward Stephen Jackson said, "Well, we're not hearing racial slurs, we're not hearing people wishing for me to go to jail. That's the difference for me. I'm loved here in Oakland."

Jason Richardson said he and his teammates were caught off-guard by the slurs.

"That was something new. It shocked all of us," he said. "We weren't expecting that. I mean, [Jazz fans] were trying to get into our heads any way they can, but I couldn't believe anybody would stoop that low. It's nonsense.

"Whether it's taunting a life-threatening illness or lobbing racial slurs, the Utah Jazz have some very disturbing fans. For someone to be able to chant and yell things like that and still feel alright with themselves is sickening.

"In all my years as a sports fan, yes this is [the most disgusting display of character]," Azzam said

“Couldn’t believe it,” Barnes told Cowherd. “More N-words than probably had black people in the whole city, so it was a really racial situation and people say anything now because there’s no consequences for it."

"Speaking of, the former No. 3 overall pick also referenced an incident when a fan in Salt Lake City told him he was going to be kicked out of the country once Donald Trump was elected President as well. Nevertheless, in the same breath, he intimated that his relationship with the Jazz is much improved."

Whole lotta stuff about those fans. They trash.

TB: 9/5/1/1 in 18 mpg
Zu: 6/4/1/1 in 13 mpg

I think Zu can do what Thomas is doing if given the same 18 minutes

Zu still gets pushed out of position in the paint too much. I feel like he’s had enough time to build enough strength to at least hold his position and not miss so many softly contested bunnies.

5 more min of PT won’t make up for that short coming that doesn’t seem to plague Bryant.

Another thing to consider: Zu has 1 more year of experience on Bryant and Bryant has caught up/surpassed what Zu is currently with fewer reps.

BTW- Anyone else notice how nonchalant Zo is towards basically anything and everything in the game except when Zu is out of position or not getting to the right spots on offense. He got pretty upset with Zu the other night on a few possessions. Bron doesn’t seem impressed either. Just an observation...

I think part of the reason they picked Zu over TB is for salary cap purposes. Zu will have a low cap hold this summer which will allow us to sign a max free agent. Once we sign a max free agent, we can use Zu’s bird rights and give him an inflated deal for salary cap purposes to include in trades.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but that’s what I remember reading. Something about TB being a 2nd round pick that would make it harder to sign him to an inflated contract and use as a trade piece.

Zu and TB were both second round picks. I quickly glanced at Spotrac and they’re both RFA’s on July 1. Salary difference was almost negligible I think.

Signing a player that has yet to really show a whole lot to this inflated contract that your talking about doesn’t sound like it’ll work because hypothetically whoever Zu got traded to would have to look at his salary and be like “yeah we’re comfortable paying that”. Trading for a guy that on a lot of nights looks like he doesn’t even belong in the league wouldn’t interest a lot of teams, even if they’ve got Ingram included in that deal.

Yup. My guess is Zubac signs for more money than we think he’s worth only to be packaged with BI as the 2 biggest salaries in a potential Unibrow trade.

Not saying zubac is valuable like that but we would have to match salaries without trading Bron and whatever max free agent they sign.

Salaries would have to be matched but I really don’t think that artificially inflating Zu’s value is even a consideration. His performance will need to match his salary. Lakers will be in the playoff race so barring further injury to chandler or McGee... I don’t see Zu getting enough burn to convince anyone that he’s worth this inflated number you guys are talking about.

I figured Magic/Pelinka would've picked Bryant over Zubac because he was "their" pick while Zu was Mitch/Jimmy's.

Bryant was doing well in the G league for the lakers but that didn’t translate to the few looks he got with the main squad. He didn’t show enough...

Wizards are giving him better opportunities and he’s been looking better than Zu at this stage.

Last edited:
Those players out wont matter as long as Mitchell and Ingles are playing :lol:

Those two alone are more than enough. Really need Zo to be aggressive. If he somehow limit Mitchell to under 15 pts then i like our chances

Outside of his defense what do you think Kuzma needs to work on going into year 3. Personally I would like him to work with Hakeem down in Houston on the dream shake, and posting up. Not necessarily become a back to basket player however, add that ability to his game in case he gets a heavier defender on him. The commercial of Kyrie playing his dad has a very familiar move that I saw a certain number 8 do numerous times, spin into the paint, jab step and shoot. With today's freedom of movement I can't imagine what the dream shake would do to defenders because of his length. Also add more lower body strength, because he is still getting pushed around on defense when someone bodies him up. His shot is good, but raise his long range percentage up some more.
856875932.0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom