**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

We gotta look at college coaches maybe gonzaga or some school that over achieved idk man we need a change and not the same old dudes

But dude this is what I'm saying. :lol: People want to Luke fire but can't name any good replacement. And if we hire some college coach dudes will complain about that cuz he hasn't done anything in the league.
Lue, Jackson, Kidd, Shaw, SVG, McHale ( :rofl: ) Thibs.

None of these are upgrades.

But again, same thread wanted nothing to do with MDA, so I know I'm wasting my time.
Deadass every single one is an upgrade. The bar is so low that you literally cannot do worse.

Is the upgrade those coaches provide worthy enough to make us legitimately competitive in the west ? That’s a better discussion.

My ideal scenario is to fire Luke rn and let B Shaw coach for 25 games. Marginal improvements are still improvements and we won’t be committed to a coach beyond this year. There is absolutely no way I hire a coach during the mid season. Choosing from a limited applicant pool is just stooopid. In the offseason ideally we move away from Shaw and hire an excellent tactical coach —likely an assistant from another team. Sign the next Snyder, Budenholzer (both former laker assistants smh), Joerger, Malone etc or even a college coach if they’ve demonstrated excellent scheme/concepts. Not a fan of retreads personally.

But knowing the lakers, firing Luke means we either do B Shaw a favor and keep him on board or try to make a big name signing — kidd, Jackson etc smh. I have zero faith the lakers have any idea how to identify competent coaches. But at the minimum the only way is up.

Kd moving all his business offices to ny...hes going klay staying kawhi going to the clippers...off season will be tough bros

Kd moving all his business offices to ny...hes going klay staying kawhi going to the clippers...off season will be tough bros

That’s exactly my prediction, which leaves us in a bidding war for AD or signing Boogie if he doesn’t do a one year deal with GS

Need to wreck the hawks. Remember when lakers would put away teams in the early 4th quarter... the good days.

BI as an okc harden type would be fire. He would feast on the second units.

Deadass every single one is an upgrade. The bar is so low that you literally cannot do worse.

Is the upgrade those coaches provide worthy enough to make us legitimately competitive in the west ? That’s a better discussion.

My ideal scenario is to fire Luke rn and let B Shaw coach for 25 games. Marginal improvements are still improvements and we won’t be committed to a coach beyond this year. There is absolutely no way I hire a coach during the mid season. Choosing from a limited applicant pool is just stooopid. In the offseason ideally we move away from Shaw and hire an excellent tactical coach —likely an assistant from another team. Sign the next Snyder, Budenholzer (both former laker assistants smh), Joerger, Malone etc or even a college coach if they’ve demonstrated excellent scheme/concepts. Not a fan of retreads personally.

But knowing the lakers, firing Luke means we either do B Shaw a favor and keep him on board or try to make a big name signing — kidd, Jackson etc smh. I have zero faith the lakers have any idea how to identify competent coaches. But at the minimum the only way is up.

:lol: :lol:

We traded Lou will for Josh Hart and Thomas Bryant right? This front office HAS to deliver. Throwing assets down the damn drain

We had Zu, chose him over Bryant, then traded Zu, at 21, showing legit talent. (As Bryant has as well)

And DLo has. And Randle.

And still they threw Zu away for nothing. For a shooting big, after they let Lopez go for nothing.

And we haven't even brought up tamper with PG, look super foolish with AD, now we facin a tamper with Ben Simmons?

I mean....... iono guys. They got old Bron, that's cool, but damn....

We had Zu, chose him over Bryant, then traded Zu, at 21, showing legit talent. (As Bryant has as well)

And DLo has. And Randle.

And still they threw Zu away for nothing. For a shooting big, after they let Lopez go for nothing.

And we haven't even brought up tamper with PG, look super foolish with AD, now we facin a tamper with Ben Simmons?

I mean....... iono guys. They got old Bron, that's cool, but damn....

Have to get a max. Have to.

Ben Simmons thing was huge misunderstanding

Think MVP posted it in the main NBA thread. Other teams saw the false headline then complained to the league lmaooo

Back
Top Bottom