**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Watched more vids on Darius.

A lot of people saying he's a bad defender, but I think that's overblown. Not a great defender, but the effort and IQ is there.

Hunter is honestly a better fit than Garland if we're keeping the pick. I know it's not a popular pick but he fills a lot of needs I think.

Garland is nice but there’s a lot of projection with him. Watched his game vs USC and you see a lot of positives..

First play in the video you see him put his defender in jail, seal him on his back, and hits the jumper. The third play (33 seconds) you see he has good body control and can still finish with contact. You see the range, dude was splashing 3s (he splashes a long 3 at 1:02 but they skipped it for some reason?). You can see he’s a quick, fast twitched athlete. His handle is nice too. And he’s a lakers fan

But the concern is his turnovers. Lack of playmaking.. and then obviously his size. He’s really light rn and he’ll be gettin slapped around by other PGs in the league. He definitely needs to get stronger there. Defensively I didn’t see much to really comment on. Need to watch more vids. Also he tore his meniscus (like Zo)... idk what his durability would be like considering his frame

The D Lillard comp seems pretty reasonable if he hits his absolute ceiling .. I’m still more partial to culver who doesn’t have as much projection as Garland. Plus with Vogel placing such an emphasis on defense I think Culver can fill the void at SG and contribute right away at a high level.

Hunter is honestly a better fit than Garland if we're keeping the pick. I know it's not a popular pick but he fills a lot of needs I think.
I like hunter too. But this pick is found money so Id rather go with the guy with the most upside. And I feel like he fits better with Zo and BI long term.

The pick is either getting traded or coming off the bench so whoever we pick isn't making a huge impact this season.

I want Garland.

Sign another max guy and grow the kids.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we can sign a max FA and take on the $9m of guaranteed salary that comes with a top 4 pick. We need to trade the pick in order to have a max slot.

Last edited:
If we are able to get a superstar in here, i wouldn't be so quick to trade that pick. Although i would def consider trading down and trying to pick up another asset for the future.

Any guy we draft in that 4 slot just isn't gonna be able to develop correctly on a team that will have Bron, Player A & Ingram. I keep hearing this draft is full of great role players tho, so moving down to snag one of them & getting a future pick may be a good idea.

Man..I really don't know what's going to happen this summer :lol:. It's either trade everything for AD and sign a max. Trade for a Bradley beal or something similar. Keep the pick and kids and fill out the roster with cap or a max. These are the only possibilities but in a strange way none of them seem likely to happen. It's weird

This FO now has

Cap for a max + Role player
No bad contracts onboard
a bunch of young talent
Lebron
the 4th Pick in the draft

If they manage to not make us at the very least a top 4 team in the West by next year (barring some ridiculous injury luck) then i will join ya'll on the front lines of wanting everyone gone. Until then i will wait & see what they can cook up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we can sign a max FA and take on the $9m of guaranteed salary that comes with a top 4 pick. We need to trade the pick in order to have a max slot.

They have enough room for 30% max slot (Leonard/Kyrie)

Would need to make room for 35% max slot (KD)

Twitter wasn’t around in 2003, but man I think players were more focused back then instead of now trying to show off on their social media accounts.

Kobe got clowned for the crying, but it was pretty tame compared to Embiid lol

So all these "reports" that the Pelicans won't deal with the Lakers

I'm sitting here wondering why the Pels would leak that info. If I'm the Pels, I say I'll deal with anyone, or stay silent......just so you drive up the price for AD. If you keep the Lakers thinking they have a shot, they increase their offer, you get better offers from other teams.

More reasons not to believe these "reports" even if they come from people like Woj.

So all these "reports" that the Pelicans won't deal with the Lakers

I'm sitting here wondering why the Pels would leak that info. If I'm the Pels, I say I'll deal with anyone, or stay silent......just so you drive up the price for AD. If you keep the Lakers thinking they have a shot, they increase their offer, you get better offers from other teams.

More reasons not to believe these "reports" even if they come from people like Woj.
It’s all BS. Especially woj lol he’s biased against lakers

I'm sure ownership doesn't want to deal him to LA, but supposedly a condition of Griffin taking the job was to give him autonomy over basketball decisions. But like Jeanie Buss, Gayle Benson could have just said that so he could take the job. I'm leaning toward them dealing him elsewhere even if it's a worse deal.

Back
Top Bottom