**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I don't like Lue. No issue with Monty and I really never heard of Howard being a coach so that one was out of left field.

Howard connected to Miami, gets credit for their defense. Learned under Riley/Spo and of course connected to Rob.

Howard connected to Miami, gets credit for their defense. Learned under Riley/Spo and of course connected to Rob.
If he’s able to bring a decent defensive scheme over that’ll be dope

Not sure if the Lakers will have the Players to play that sort of blitzing defense that Miami played tho

I've seen Messina's name floated for a looong time. I think even during the Mike Brown DVD era. And yet no one in the league has picked him up. Makes you think
My immediate thoughts are that I think Popovich is doing it the right way by having Messina learn the nuances of coaching in the NBA through patience and development. Messina has been on Pop's staff for about 4-5 years now and is possibly ready to take the next step now more than ever. But who knows though. It does make you think a little.

On the contrary, David Blatte, for all his success overseas, came to the NBA as a head coach with very little, if not zero, exposure as an NBA asst or HC prior to taking on the huge challenge that was the Lebron-led Cavs.

Last edited:
The only franchise that emphasizes "family" more than the Lakers is the Fast and the Furious.
When it comes to family drama though...
upload_2019-4-14_16-11-45.png

Last edited:
Who knows if Messina was passed over or if he declined offers? He has an exceptional head coaching record overseas and has learned under Pop for several years. He could be waiting to take over for Pop unless a very attractive spot opened up.

Who knows if Messina was passed over or if he declined offers? He has an exceptional head coaching record overseas and has learned under Pop for several years. He could be waiting to take over for Pop unless a very attractive spot opened up.

He's 60 years old and he was interested in the kings job but they went with Luke.

Luke Walton

I miss those days of having a bright future, right now future is dark for the next 3 years.

Putting up Lowry stats.

Who cares about Lowry?

We never had him. But we had zubac and some folks acted like we traded Shaq away...

(Not saying you in particular but people I know act like we sent away a really good player)

Interview him for what?
Oh you know for what, that coaching vacancy also probably trying to play the Heat angle with LeBron. I normally wouldn't say this but no man should have all that power. Unless he is making my Lakers better.

I always find this weird interviewing someone basically at work. I guess no different than interviewing for a job while you have one. I guess the only difference is your employer knows about it, so do they wish you luck?
Lakers interviewing anyone and everyone for their coaching gig. This **** bout to look like American Idol auditions real quick.
1KP22Ht.gif

Lakers go straight to Luke.
Lakers fans: wtf do a real search

Lakers interview 3 different coaches the first 3 days of the search.
Lakers fans: wtf are we doing. This ain’t American idol
Pretty sure he is complaining about the caliber of coaches they are interviewing not the number.

Lakers should just hire Monty. Get Gentry as his associate HC. And a few older experienced assistants. New med staff and revamped analytics crew.

April: Lakers interviewing T. Lue, M. Williams, and J. Howard
May: Lakers hire D. Fisher as head coach.

Jeanie: Derek has and will always be family.
Pelinka: Derek has long been crucified by the NBA, but as head coach he will be our savior

>D

Rob: we’ve been wandering in the desert and now we’ll be led to the water by Ty Lue. Ty will part the seas and his assistant Damon Jones will board our ship with every species in the animal kingdom so we can weather this storm together

FOHHHHHHH

This could have been reality but ya'll wanted Lebron so bad, now dude ain't coming. Leonard and PG to pair with our young core
Spurs were never going to trade Kawhi to the Show

And if they traded for PG there wouldn’t have been a BI to trade for Kawhi. PG pump faked the front office lol

Kawhi is a FA tho so who knows what’ll happen

Back
Top Bottom