**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

What if rob was the brains and Magic was the one manufacturing all the stupid signings and trades. Now that rob is free, he will deliver? Let’s wait to see what happens

By most of the reports account it was the opposite. Rob was the one doing all the dirty work/roster construction. Magic was there to be the face/sell the moves. Rob was the one behind the Zubac trade. It's one of the main reasons Magic wanted to can him in addition to Jeanie not letting him run basketball ops. And Rob was behind the tampering with PG as well.

Last edited:
Only move I know Rob was supposedly linked to was the Zubac trade. Which I get we lost a rotation player but he's not irreplaceable.

Getting rid of Zubac was so boneheaded of us, along with letting Lopez go. Those were both great rim running, defensive centers with it least a decent basketball IQ. That's more rare then whoever was behind those decisions realizes.

In interviews magic was constantly talking about 'I'. I built this team I watched the playoffs etc. He's not off the hook. He definitely had a part in wagner, Lance and rondo for sure

Pelinka is already running the Lakers’ search for a new coach. The opening was created when Luke Walton willingly surrendered the final two years of his contract after months of withering scrutiny and pressure, largely instigated by Johnson’s well-chronicled criticism in November, once presented with a better opportunity and more tangible support from the woebegone Sacramento Kings.

In numerous rival organizations, there is both shock and relief that the Lakers haven’t responded to events of the past week by chasing the likes of Golden State’s Bob Myers, San Antonio’s R.C. Buford and Oklahoma City’s Sam Presti before they go looking for a new coach.
https://static.nytimes.com/email-content/MSB_12286.html?nlid=83992031

:smh:

More from lawyer guy

I believe this though. You at least have to allow rob to orchestrate a game plan. Let’s see what he does.

It pretty much comes down to 1) who we sign. 2) AD trade happening or not? And with what pieces?

Coach is whatever.

I expect us to become an even bigger laughing stock of the league when the clippers roll out a roster of:

Beverly. Shai. Kawhi. Harrell. ______. Next year.

Meanwhile we will be like “just give BI. Kuzma and Ball more time. LeBron is doing all he can, look at his stats. They’ll pull it together”

It's either next year or total bust and everyone gets dealt? FYM it's next year or bust, Jeannie? As in championship?

I doesn't even make sense cause if AD is legit coming in 2020 they can keep almost every young guy and just sign him as a free agent.

Whats the consensus on who everybody prefers as the new head coach?

Monty Williams?

Juwan Howard?

Jason Kidd?

Ty Lue?

I think out of those 3 I'd roll with Monty or Lue. Kidd would be my third choice and Juwan is a HARD no.

I have no idea why Juwan is even considered.

TyLue means officially handing the franchise to Lebron.

Monty Williams would be solid, but if it were me, I would very aggressively pursue either Kidd or Mark Jackson.

No doubt, Kidd had failures and sometimes even embarrassing moments in Brooklyn, but I think he learned from them and did a decent job in Milwaukee.

This summer shouldn't be difficult.

Nail the Top 10 pick.
Sign Kawhi.
Re-sign Javale

Those 3 + Bron, Zo, Kuz, Ingram, Hart, Wagner, Caruso, Williams and one more decent vet ring chaser type.

Do that and the suit won't matter. We'll be in position to either grow around Kawhi + young core during Bron's final days, or make the play for AD and the Big 3 + 9 ring chasers.

This summer shouldn't be difficult.

Nail the Top 10 pick.
Sign Kawhi.
Re-sign Javale

Those 3 + Bron, Zo, Kuz, Ingram, Hart, Wagner, Caruso, Williams and one more decent vet ring chaser type.

Do that and the suit won't matter. We'll be in position to either grow around Kawhi + young core during Bron's final days, or make the play for AD and the Big 3 + 9 ring chasers.

Yup, nothing difficult about that...

Bruh, I think Magic ask Bron how the recruitment was going. Bron said something about, let's see who we can scoop from the Euro league cus things looking slim on this side. Magic like ok then, cool. I got this press conference later, I want you too watch it....

After this Series I wouldn’t mind Lillard/Bron/Kawhi

(If possible)

PG getting ran out of the first round again is a beautiful sight. :lol:

Reactions: DLF
Back
Top Bottom