**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

My favorite draft guide during nba draft season.. you can click the settings right before the mock draft begins and change it to skim peruse or deep dive depending on how detailed you want the analysis to be.

They currently have us selecting Hunter but I’m not a fan. The dude is already damn near 22. Rn it’s gotta be culver or garland. Based on play styles here’s their comps

Not sold on Culver, skinny Jimmy butler.
When Hunters comparison was Deng, I don't want any part of that.
Garland -kyrie esque with only 6 games of college play so theres no game film.
4th pick is huge you can get a porzingus or a dragon bender or drop down to get assets and a disgruntled all star.
Hits on 4, last 30 years
Porzi, Westbrook, CP0, Bosh, Odom, Marbury, Sheed, Mashburn Mutumbo.

Ehh Aaron Gordon, Tyreke Evans, zeller

But some duds
Wes johnson Tristan thompson bender, jackson, fizer eddy curry.

There are just so many options now.
How ****ing lucky.

We can:
Keep the pick
Trade it in a package for Unibrow or another all-star (Beal?)

I wonder if Atlanta would trade 4 for 8 & 10

Not sold on Culver, skinny Jimmy butler.
When Hunters comparison was Deng, I don't want any part of that.
Garland -kyrie esque with only 6 games of college play so theres no game film.
4th pick is huge you can get a porzingus or a dragon bender or drop down to get assets and a disgruntled all star.
Hits on 4, last 30 years
Porzi, Westbrook, CP0, Bosh, Odom, Marbury, Sheed, Mashburn Mutumbo.

Ehh Aaron Gordon, Tyreke Evans, zeller

But some duds
Wes johnson Tristan thompson bender, jackson, fizer eddy curry.
Would put TT in that ehh category.

Wonder if Dlo’s success would make front office think twice about trading Zo. Imagine having two #2 pick point guards flourishing elsewhere after 2 years with us

This is now when AD/Clutch have all the power in there hand. Boston package is looking ALOT weaker than it did around ASB

Tatum didn't take that step and looked mediocre this playoffs, Rozier did nothing, they had the worst picks possible & Kyrie may be leaving. Only thing that worked in their favor is Jalen Brown increased his value.

The Knicks package suddenly doesn't look that much more appealing #3 vs #4 and Our crop of young guys > The Knicks. Now it just becomes an issue of not trading everyone & i'm hoping that means keeping Ingram since his value is low

This is now when AD/Clutch have all the power in there hand. Boston package is looking ALOT weaker than it did around ASB

Tatum didn't take that step and looked mediocre this playoffs, Rozier did nothing, they had the worst picks possible & Kyrie may be leaving. Only thing that worked in their favor is Jalen Brown increased his value.

The Knicks package suddenly doesn't look that much more appealing #3 vs #4 and Our crop of young guys > The Knicks. Now it just becomes an issue of not trading everyone & i'm hoping that means keeping Ingram since his value is low

Yes our position has improved drastically and Boston’s has weakened. The only thing preventing AD to LA would be NO ownership not wanting to help Klutch on some bitter type ****

Culver would be a good fit somewhere else, he would be another bad FT shooter, inconsistent 3pt shooter for us. Take Garland, he a sniper.

The issue is figuring if they can trade for Unibrow and still have room for a 30% max free agent.

Won’t have 30% capacity available unless you trade damn near everyone. I think If they offer everyone except for Ingram they would have enough room for a 30% free agent.

The issue is figuring if they can trade for Unibrow and still have room for a 30% max free agent.

Won’t have 30% capacity available unless you trade damn near everyone. I think If they offer everyone except for Ingram they would have enough room for a 30% free agent.

That is something i'm not sure if i'm willing to do unless it's Kawhi/KD... anyone else is not worth gutting the roster for. I really believe in Zo/Ingram that much. I could deal with packaging one of them, Kuz & the Pick for AD but not the entire core.

That is something i'm not sure if i'm willing to do unless it's Kawhi/KD... anyone else is not worth gutting the roster for. I really believe in Zo/Ingram that much. I could deal with packaging one of them, Kuz & the Pick for AD but not the entire core.

I’m in the same boat.

But listen man, if you can somehow get Lebron/AD/Leonard on the same team, you have to do it. It doesn’t matter what you give up.

You sign the free agent then trade for AD. In that scenario Ingram and Zo will have to go though.

I don't think keeping the pick is an option. It's either going to be in a package for AD or Beal. AD is going to require the pick + 2 young guys while Beal is likely the pick + 1 young guy.

You sign the free agent then trade for AD. In that scenario Ingram and Zo will have to go though.

I don't think keeping the pick is an option. It's either going to be in a package for AD or Beal. AD is going to require the pick + 2 young guys while Beal is likely the pick + 1 young guy.

For sure that’s the ideal scenario but it gets tough. The pick loses value as soon as the player is selected. Do we agree to a deal before the draft and pick the player NOLA wants at 4?

For sure that’s the ideal scenario but it gets tough. The pick loses value as soon as the player is selected. Do we agree to a deal before the draft and pick the player NOLA wants at 4?

Yea that's how it's usually done. You can ask the Pels or Wizards who they want and pick for them. Trade can't be official until the moratorium anyway.

Wonder if Zo really ends up getting traded
When he was talking about he talked to his Pops on The Shop, Bron was looking like a proud surrogate father :lol:

Ideas from Simmons/Russillo podcast

Zo, #4 for Ben Simmons

Zo, #4 for #2

In any package, the guy coming back has to have a rookie or cap friendly deal.

Wonder if Zo really ends up getting traded
When he was talking about he talked to his Pops on The Shop, Bron was looking like a proud surrogate father :lol:
Worst part is I think he will be decent with a new coach maybe even good with a solid summer to develop.

Ideas from Simmons/Russillo podcast

Zo, #4 for Ben Simmons

Zo, #4 for #2

In any package, the guy coming back has to have a rookie or cap friendly deal.
Isn't Simmons due a big contract soon though, do you want to shell out LeBron money then have to shell out Simmons money.

Back
Top Bottom