**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

We're not getting Kawhi for the 1000th time

Kawhi to the Lakers confirmed :lol:

Yeah I’m operating under the sense that D Lo is coming back

Want Kawhi but dunno man lol
He def ain’t going to the clippers tho :lol:

Drewsone, no hate here just curious, you a Lebron fan or a Laker fan? Maybe I’m mixing you up with someone else.

Trash poster

Kemba is much better then D’lo

That is all

Currently yes. But look at what Kemba was doing at 22-23 vs what did. I think people forget how young Dlo is. He does have his flaws athletically, but he has a lot of room to grow.

Keep in mind that at 23 years old you're not paying for D'lo, you're paying for his upside. Whereas guys like Kemba and Kyrie you're paying for what they are and in Kemba's case you're paying for his downside after 30. Over the next 4 years I could easily see D'lo being worth 27 Ms if not more

I see it the same. Just like how Curry got his deal he was coming off injuries but showed a lot of potential they got him at a steal contract. We need to take advantage of DLo’s stock right now. Came off a huge year still some questions about his game but his potential could reach that Harden/Manu ceiling and if you can get him below max would be great.

I remember there’s a great video comparing IT3 to Kyrie and saying they are the same player

One of them is a champ and mvp caliber player. Another is a g league-er now.

The lakers tax is real smh

We had to pay double the money, and include a 2nd round pick that is 2 years earlier, and got a worse pick.

Kawhi to the Lakers confirmed :lol:

Drewsone, no hate here just curious, you a Lebron fan or a Laker fan? Maybe I’m mixing you up with someone else.

Currently yes. But look at what Kemba was doing at 22-23 vs what did. I think people forget how young Dlo is. He does have his flaws athletically, but he has a lot of room to grow.
More Bron guy than laker fan :lol:
I do enjoy the Lakers tho even before Bron came since my entire fam are like diehards lmao

I think we have a gentleman’s handshake with d’lo If we don’t get kawhi and bkn renounce him, we get him for the max.

The ESPN podcast with Momo really highlights how much timing has to be on the Lakers' side next week. If Kyrie and KD draw out their decisions, Lakers could get ****ed.

People tend to forget that he was in college for 3 years and was a high volume, low % chucker his first couple years in the league. He didn't really blossom until he was 25-26 years old
Kemba the older poorer version of Kyrie lol
D Lo also similar to both but D Lo better pass imo

It’s rare the decisions go beyond the Fourth of July. They been thinking about the decision from the time their season ended. The meetings with the 4-5 teams are gonna be done by July 3rd. (One meeting June 30, two July 1st two July 2nd.). That’s if they are undecided. Some guys will only meet with 1 team and sign the next day

The ESPN podcast with Momo really highlights how much timing has to be on the Lakers' side next week. If Kyrie and KD draw out their decisions, Lakers could get ****ed.

Explain? Anything else interesting from the pod?

These decisions aren't going to be dragged out past July 6th, that's the only consequential date. But they should know well before then where we stand on the other free agents and Kyrie really is seemingly going to commit to the Nets early to hopefully get them to renounce D'Lo.

Reactions: DLF
Explain? Anything else interesting from the pod?
Laker related off the top of my head:

-Bron and AD are recruiting
-Timing will play a huge part in who they get
-Overblew how much the Lakers gave up
-Suggested they may be better off spending the cap space on two players ($12-15M player and $8-10M player)

Laker related off the top of my head:

-Bron and AD are recruiting
-Timing will play a huge part in who they get
-Overblew how much the Lakers gave up
-Suggested they may be better off spending the cap space on two players ($12-15M player and $8-10M player)

How would KD/Kyrie’s timing impact things? Also do the Lakers have max space or not? I haven’t even attempted to follow all the hypotheticals with dates and all that.

How would KD/Kyrie’s timing impact things? Also do the Lakers have max space or not? I haven’t even attempted to follow all the hypotheticals with dates and all that.
If Kyrie/KD draw out their decisions, the second tier free agents will be snapped up and the Lakers could be left with no max level star or second tier players. Ex: If KD returns to the Warriors, then maybe the Nets bring back D'Lo and Kyrie and the Lakers are left with no one because it's like July 4th already.

They didn't dive into their cap space, they just used the standard $23M as a hypothetical at the end of the podcast.

Back
Top Bottom