**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

“I want to be Defensive Player of the Year,” Davis told Yahoo Sports. “I think if I’m able to do that, I can help this team win. The offensive end will come around, but defensively, I want to hold myself, teammates, including LeBron, accountable in order for us to take on the challenge of being the best we can defensively. In doing so, we’ll have a good chance of winning every night. I want to make sure me and LeBron are on the All-Defensive Team. And for me personally, I just want to be the Defensive Player of the Year. If we’re able to hold teams under 100 [points], which is probably unrealistic but it should be our goal, I think we’ll have a shot at winning the title.”

If Brow can get Lebby to play defense, retire #3 after the season.

Last edited:

. Met Chris Haynes at San Jose Airport. What a nice guy. Just wanted to tell him as he walked by me I liked his reporting. The guy walked me all the way outside and was talking to me the whole time. Of course he was probably shocked anyone actually noticed him

. Met Chris Haynes at San Jose Airport. What a nice guy. Just wanted to tell him as he walked by me I liked his reporting. The guy walked me all the way outside and was talking to me the whole time. Of course he was probably shocked anyone actually noticed him
I echo these sentiments. I’ve seen in in numerous situations, work and out. And he’s a real cool guy. Same goes for Marc Spears.

I don’t see how Rondo or Cook can beat out CarusoGAWD for the starting spot unless Lebron really does start at point

It’s young Ernie Johnson’s time to shine

Looks like Iggy is stuck in Memphis and they are asking for a 1st rd pick for him. Makes no sense.

Nobody giving up a first for Iggy. Nobody.

Saw footage of an impromptu dunk contest that Dwight got involved in at Venice Beach. He really looks like he is in the best shape of his life.

Also listened to Lakers talk on 710 and they ask a question.

Will you follow any of the following ex Lakers and do you root for them to have good years.

Zo
Hart
Ingram
D.Lo
Randle

I follow all of them but as far as hoping they have good years:

Zo - yes
Hart- no because he taking bs shots.
B.I. - yes. Still think he the best of the bunch.
D. Lo. - hell no (rat)
Randle - kinda of...

Reactions: DLF

Saw footage of an impromptu dunk contest that Dwight got involved in at Venice Beach. He really looks like he is in the best shape of his life.

Will you follow any of the following ex Lakers and do you root for them to have good years.

Zo
Hart
Ingram
D.Lo
Randle

Zo - yes
D. Lo. - hell no (rat)
Randle - kinda of...
Basically

D”lo also for reason of being a weirdo and also now he’s a Warrior.

I don’t see how Rondo or Cook can beat out CarusoGAWD for the starting spot unless Lebron really does start at point

It’s young Ernie Johnson’s time to shine
I can see Caruso/Cook battling for that spot tbh. Rondo shouldn’t be in the starting lineup unless an injury happens or playoff time (Playoff Rondo >>>>>)
Cook is more a spot up imo
Caruso a playmaker

Definitely watching BI, Zo, and Hart. The pelicans are going to be fun to watch with Zo/Jrue/Zion/Ingram/Hayes. Gonna catch as many games as possible

Always followed Dlo box scores but didn’t watch as many nets games. I’ll probably watch him more now that he’s on the gsw. Snitch or not I respect his work ethic and desire to improve. Apparently dudes a (gym) rat

Don Julio I usually just look up the box scores. Ain’t watching no Knicks games tho belee dat.

Bold prediction: When it's all said and done, Lonzo Ball's NBA career won't even match up to Vlade Divac's or Nick Van Exel's.

I just don't see Zo staying healthy long enough to make any lasting impact. Dude trying to get swole wit chopsticks for legs, can't shoot, zero aggressive gene in his body. Recipe for big time bust like Markelle.

I bet Holiday overshadows Zo (in spite of them playing different positions). With Redick there to shoot the lights out as well, Zo may well be the odd man out if he doesn't step the f up. I can already see it.

I could see that with Zo.

BI is the one who worries me.

Not a single peep all summer.
Zion gonna hinder Ingram's continued development imho. I think Ingram's days as a Pelican won't last long unless he commits to becoming a defender a la Tayshaun Prince. But if he wants to only score all day long, Griff gonna trade him eventually.

BI would be perfect for GSW as the 'replacement' for KD

tenor.gif

damn was looking forward to Shannon
Can't knock Reilly though, dude might be known for his comedy but is pretty legit as a dramatic actor too

Zo
Hart
Ingram
D.Lo
Randle

Zo - yes
D. Lo. - hell no (rat)
Randle - kinda of...

Def BI he was the prince that was promised man :emoji_cry: & Randle mostly because ill be able to catch a lot of games from him being in NYC

Glad to see Dwight still got some bounce left if he's healthy he's gonna be positive for us, it's his chemistry i'm worried about... but on court we're gonna be monsters on board & teams are getting nothing in the paint

Back
Top Bottom