**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I’ve been seeing a bunch of workout vids with AD and Jrue with him. We def should’ve snatched him from NOLA

I’ve been seeing a bunch of workout vids with AD and Jrue with him. We def should’ve snatched him from NOLA
Lol

I disagree. We should have also snatched lillard and McCollum along with AD. Perhaps, also tried our best to also pick up gobert too

Coulda had: lillard McCollum LeBron AD and Gobert. Oh well. Have to settle for just Bron and AD

IT a real one for this

ED9FA704-6D6E-4465-9808-B38A8D52509D.jpeg

Every single mock that people put up on Reddit is trash. People on there hype up that sunset/wave one, and it’s straight garbage.

I never knew that Kobe's sole reason why he skipped college was so that he could play against MJ before he retired. He also beat MJ in a game of one on one. MJ used the age excuse.

I feel like I'm late on all of this lol

I still remember that game where rondo put up and bricked like 11 3s in the first 10 minutes of some game and the whole crowd was gasping the entire time lol

Reactions: DLF
https://apple.news/A7ftpvJEbTqmFw5mFTl-U3g

NBA All-Time Player Rankings: Top 10 Shooting Guards

2. Kobe Bryant

Per Game: 25.0 points, 5.2 rebounds, 4.7 assists, 1.4 threes, 1.4 steals

Per 75 Possessions: 26.8 points, 5.6 rebounds, 5.0 assists, 1.5 threes, 1.6 steals

Relative True Shooting Percentage: +1.8

Net Rating Swing: +5.6

Box Plus/Minus: +3.9

Win Shares per 48 Minutes: .170

At the heart of Kobe Bryant's legacy is an unrelenting competitiveness. But it's his longevity that pushed him up to No. 2 on this list.

Per Game: 25.0 points, 5.2 rebounds, 4.7 assists, 1.4 threes, 1.4 steals

Per 75 Possessions: 26.8 points, 5.6 rebounds, 5.0 assists, 1.5 threes, 1.6 steals

Relative True Shooting Percentage: +1.8

Net Rating Swing: +5.6

Box Plus/Minus: +3.9

Win Shares per 48 Minutes: .170

At the heart of Kobe Bryant's legacy is an unrelenting competitiveness. But it's his longevity that pushed him up to No. 2 on this list.

Kobe had a whopping 17 seasons in which he played 500-plus minutes, had a usage percentage of at least 25 and posted an above-average box plus/minus.

Karl Malone is the only other player in NBA history with 17 such seasons. Tim Duncan and LeBron James had 16. Shaquille O'Neal had 15. And then we get to the other shooting guards. Jordan and Wade had 14.

"There's a certain commitment, a lot of sacrifice and attention to detail that goes into trying to play at a high level for a long long time," Bryant said, per Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News. "To me, it's worth it."

If you take off the first and last season of Kobe's career, he averaged 26.4 points, 5.5 rebounds, 5.0 assists, 1.5 steals and 1.4 threes in 18 years. Eighteen years of 26.4 points per game.

Narrow that to a 10-year peak, and you get 28.5 points. Here are the 10-year scoring peaks of a handful of other legendary scorers:

Michael Jordan: 32.7

Allen Iverson: 28.9

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: 28.6

LeBron James: 28.2

Kevin Durant: 28.0

Karl Malone: 27.7

George Gervin: 26.9

Larry Bird: 25.3

Pete Maravich: 24.2

You can't compare Kobe's 26.4 over 18 years to many others. Most of the players on the list above didn't even get to 18 seasons total. Malone's 18-year scoring peak was 25.4 points. Kareem's was 25.9.

Eighteen years.

How many people reading this story aren't even 18 years old?

Scoring at that level for that long is ridiculous. And it doesn't hurt his case that he won five championships, was named an All-Star 18 times (topped only by Kareem's 19), made 15 All-NBA teams and made 12 All-Defensive teams. He had two Finals MVPs, one regular-season MVP and two scoring titles.

We could spend more time on specifics with Kobe. The 81-point game. His 35.4 points in 2005-06. The no-flinch video with Matt Barnes. The way he led the 2008 Redeem Team to gold. And on and on.

But that his drive to dominate lasted as long as it did sets Kobe apart. And it was behind any other story or anecdote you may read about him.

Last edited:
Been playing with the Lakers in 2K20 and the team is pretty OP. Hopefully a sign of things to come in the season.

Back
Top Bottom