**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Q Cook, Javale were priorities for me this offseason. Glad we got both.

Never been a fan of Boogie but the way the Clips are constructed Cousins/AD is going to cause a lot of problems for them. For now, they are tremendously thin and undersized with Zubac and Montrezl.

Health permitted, Lebron, AD are going to put their numbers, we know what to expect from vets like Green, Dud and Javale. Success of the season hinges on Kuzma and KCP. Best case scenario is KCP finally wakes the **** up from a 3 year hangover and finds his niche while Kuzma becomes a legitimate and consistent 3rd option.
Problem is they have Jerry West. I’m sure he will flip zubac for Embiid or something

If we land Morris/Boogie and maybe Iggy, that's a solid response.

Also, so far no Melo or Rondo.

Korver could be in play too.

But Cook/Green/KCP/Kuz the kind of shooters you need around Bron/AD.

The way I'm reading it......if LAC couldn't pry PG, he was gonna sign with us. LAC gave up a decade of picks to keep Kawhi from joining us. They just were able to pull it off.

:smh:

If we land Morris/Boogie and maybe Iggy, that's a solid response.

Also, so far no Melo or Rondo.

Korver could be in play too.

But Cook/Green/KCP/Kuz the kind of shooters you need around Bron/AD.
Iffy in the playoffs gave harden fits. For 2 mill even if he plays 10 mins a game that’s huge til the playoffs. He can hit big shots

The Cook signing for 3 mil/year KINDA makes up for all the cash we keep giving KCP...

Kinda :rolleyes
I’m fine with signing him but I still don’t understand the numbers behind his deal when NO ONE ELSE WAS SEEKING HIM. I still don’t understand the Lakers feeling the need to give up so much in situations where they have the leverage smh

The way I'm reading it......if LAC couldn't pry PG, he was gonna sign with us. LAC gave up a decade of picks to keep Kawhi from joining us. They just were able to pull it off.

:smh:
But I think that trade was being worked on for the last 4 days. It was getting done one way or another. Wouldn’t be surprised in Uncle Dennis leaked the kawhi to lakers hype to push clippers into giving up more picks. We were just leverage. Hence why he signed 1 minute after they acquired PG

The Cook signing for 3 mil/year KINDA makes up for all the cash we keep giving KCP...

Kinda :rolleyes
I’m fine with signing him but I still don’t understand the numbers behind his deal when NO ONE ELSE WAS SEEKING HIM. I still don’t understand the Lakers feeling the need to give up so much in situations where they have the leverage smh

KCP likely launders it to AD thru Klutch.......

But I think that trade was being worked on for the last 4 days. It was getting done one way or another. Wouldn’t be surprised in Uncle Dennis leaked the kawhi to lakers hype to push clippers into giving up more picks. We were just leverage. Hence why he signed 1 minute after they acquired PG

If OKC simply says No, you're under contract PG, then Kawhi either stays in Toronto, or comes home to win.

OKC is the one who truly blocked us.

(I don't blame them with all those picks)

whats the $ situation like rn?
i'd call on essential, but he still tryna figure out what team to root for

6C20D304-3AA2-4191-B6E5-6EED0FAD5560.jpeg

whats the $ situation like rn?
i'd call on essential, but he still tryna figure out what team to root for

Still have a few million depending on the bonuses like Pincus laid out, then 4.8 exception (again, depending on how everyone slots) then min deals.

Lets be honest. Only way we winning a title next year is if LeBron shows up. He can’t take stretches off. We need playoff LeBron starting around the all star game. If we get last years Bron, we in trouble

Turns out Kawhi didn’t care about all the marketing stuff, jersey sales shoe sales, etc

Being a clipper is TOTALLY different globally than being a Laker

He’ll get bood throwing out the pitch at dodger stadium too lol

Back
Top Bottom