New York Giants Season Thread!...The Tommy Cutlets Era

What should the Giants do in the first round?

• Take a QB

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Barkley

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^^^yea thats what i dont get....i do feel giants are old school but racist? never would they hire one of the first black GMs ever and again, they allowed coach/gm to put in geno over eli....why? if they were racist why not block that move.....

this kid didnt play around the talent haskins did, faced way more pressure.....lot of these QBs from strong programs do nothing in NFL.....and lets not forget broncos also passed on haskins, dolphins, bengals.....and thats why gaints felt they couldnt risk waiting to get jones later.....never know if broncos were sitting at 10 thinking jones was gonna be there.....ideal world we have allen and jones shame it didnt happen way fans want but gotta understand GMs job is to take the guy he feels is best guy....dont' F around and hope you can get him at 17 if thats the case.......kinda of what chiefs did......mahoems wasnt lock for top 10 chiefs felt they couldnt wait or get him at 15 so they go to 10.....get it done! get it right! heres to 3 more rings!

We drafted a guy that was a 3rd round talent at 6. This is one of the worst picks I have ever ****in seen. The guy's arm is trash. It's weak as hell, can't throw down the field. Plus he’s already had shoulder surgery.

Haskins has more TD's in one season than Jones has in four seasons.

Haskins has a better arm. 1000x stronger and way more accurate.

We will be laughed at for MONTHS because of this pick.

I am more embarrassed to be a Giants fan than I am to be a Knicks fan.

ESPN and WFAN will kill us tomorrow and I can't wait to hear it.

I am the most loyal guy you will come across but this pick is so bad, I think I'm done with the Giants until Gettleman is gone which will be in 2-3 years.

Last edited:
We drafted a guy that was a 3rd round talent at 6. This is one of the worst picks I have ever ****in seen. The guy's arm is trash. It's weak as hell, can't throw down the field.

Haskins has more TD's in one season than Jones has in four seasons.

Haskins has a better arm. 1000x stronger and way more accurate.

We will be laughed at for MONTHS because of this pick.

I am more embarrassed to be a Giants fan than I am to be a Knicks fan.

ESPN and WFAN will kill us tomorrow and I can't wait to hear it.

I am the most loyal guy you will come across but this pick is so bad, I think I'm done with the Giants until Gettleman is gone which will be in 2-3 years.
Come join me in bmore

i wanted them to draft a qb in the first round and if it was haskins dope if not then fine at least we got another qb...but wait to the #17 pick and pick a qb... i was hoping if they pass on haskins at #6 then draft the best guy available and that was either allen or oliver... my whole thing is daniel jones is not worth a #6th pick that is my point...

Let everything play out .... y’all can’t be crying about who was picked and who wasn’t .... yes the team didn’t pick who most of us wanted them to pick but let’s see what happens ..... the giants aren’t expecting the rook to play in the 2019 season .... hopefully he soaks up the things that Eli does well and adds it to his game

Let everything play out .... y’all can’t be crying about who was picked and who wasn’t .... yes the team didn’t pick who most of us wanted them to pick but let’s see what happens ..... the giants aren’t expecting the rook to play in the 2019 season .... hopefully he soaks up the things that Eli does well and adds it to his game

Just stop.

Tired of this tired *** refrain from brain dead Giants fans.

Anyone who knows a thing about this league knew that Gettleman was a cocoon hire.

Anti-analytics buffoon. The guy makes his picks solely by what he sees on tape while mocking people who actually show their work in their scouting process.

Why? Because the analytics crowd is a threat to the old guard. A threat to tired old retreads like Gettleman.

Anyone who knew this lambasted the hiring from the outset.

So to sit there and tell us to trust the process is peak idiocy.

That’s exactly what we shouldn’t do. We should be critical and we shouldn’t sit idly by while ownership, Gettleman & Shurmur run this franchise further into the ground.

What exactly does Eli do well at this point? Except securing the bag?

There was at least two other guys who could’ve came in day 1 and started for us. **** are we sitting this kid for? You don’t take a QB at 6 to sit him.

Don’t even let me get started on 2020’s QB class. We could’ve filled a positional need and punted this season to go after one of Tua Tagovailoa or Trevor Lawrence.

But no, no. We’re not going to do that. Even after we predictably finish 4-12 this season. Ownership is going to let Gettleman see this through until they find another retread to hire.

We gotta do better Giants fans. Get your savvy up or find another team. Straight up.

And **** no Saquon was not the right pick.

At this rate his talents will be squandered.

Sam Darnold on the other hand...

Imagine thinking Saquon was the right pick.

And thinking Jones was the right pick.

When the team that actually made the right picks in consecutive years took Guice in the 2nd last year, Haskins at 15th overall this year and then stole Montez Sweat at 26th overall for both ****s AND giggles...

Imagine that.

Imagine spending the second overall in the NFL draft on the single most superfluous position in the NFL.

Where you could’ve waited on a solid *** talent like Royce Freeman in the 3rd and better spent that 2nd overall on the single most important position in the game.

Imagine....

Imagine being a David Gettleman apologist...

Couldn’t be me.

Tua? He's great talent but you act like giants are a 2-14 team and lock for 1 pick next year.....you want a GM to pass on a guy who he feels is a franchise QB for next year? for the gamble that he can either draft him 1 or trade up to 1.
Lawrence? lol again you want GM to sit around 19 and 20 to hope to draft Lawrence in 2021?? this is too funny. one hand gaints fans wanted eli gone just for the sake of it with no other plan, they some how get confused and think giants choose eli over obj and now GM finds guy he feels is franchise QB but nah you want to wait to get Lawrence. lol we havent sucked enough to get #1 pick ever and you think we will in 2021 or better yet be able to trade for him as odds that team with #1 pick that likely has need for QB.........brain dead?......go sit at home waiting for Lawrence

if we drafted a bust then you're right and gettlemen is gone after his 3rd season, if hes is not a bust you got your franchise QB and top RB......Eli had a top RB for what a season when he was in his prime?

name of the game this off season was get franchise QB, i wanted rosen or haskins or lock before jones.....but who the F am I? and you think only one man in that front office or league graded jones a franchise QB?? doubt it....they graded him as a franchise QB and time will tell if they got it right

and gettlemen had a good draft last year......we may have 4 good starters from last years draft.....

currently giants have only 15 draft picks still on the team......one of the lowest of any team in the NFL......you want to talk about bad GM......go look at what reese did to his team that gettlemen has to fix

Last edited:
Giants had Jones at 1a, Lock at 1b. You could have had EITHER of those QBs in the 2nd round, maybe even the 3rd round. You could have also got Rosen for a 3rd round and I'd take Rosen over all of them.

I said in this thread over and over, Gettleman is a ****in moron. Guy wants to be the star and the smartest guy in the room when he's not.

Giants have had some of the worst drafts over the years and they outdid themselves. Congrats to them, this is the worst draft I can remember.

Lucky for me I don't get to wrapped up in the off-season stuff, I'll judge by the product on the field. I didn't want the team to draft a qb in the first round but I definitely not losing sleep over it. Only time will tell if they got it right and I like thier other picks so far.

Tua? He's great talent but you act like giants are a 2-14 team and lock for 1 pick

The Giants ARE a 2-14 team. Have you seen our schedule?

Eli refuses to let plays develop and push the ball downfield. He’s all too happy checking it down and throwing it to the guy running the cross.

That’s why we have two slot receivers in Shep & Tate. They can do that all day.

Eli’s average depth of target was 7.4 yards last season. That’s ****ing pathetic and indicative of cowardice. He refuses to stand tall in the pocket under duress, soon as he hears footsteps he’s throwing it into the dirt.

And this is the guy you think gives a **** about teaching Daniel Jones? Please.

If the Giants are just giving away money he’s not about to say no.

And yes, literally only one man across the league graded Daniel Jones as a franchise QB. Every report leading up to the draft pointed to Gettleman as the sole idiot with the hubris to believe that he in the face of overwhelming data suggesting otherwise believed Daniel Jones was a bonafide NFL starting caliber QB.

Literally only Dave...

He would’ve likely went in the 3rd otherwise.

Oh and something something Eli’s never had a top run game? Okay so I guess Tiki Barber, Ahmad Bradshaw & Brandon Jacobs were never Giants.

You don’t spend a top 2 pick on the single most superfluous position in the game. You just don’t. We could’ve had a run game without squandering that pick.

Back
Top Bottom