2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

idk lol. i dont really think SBs in general are a "flex". like i think your hunters are dope but flex? iono
A “flex” is only a “flex” to those in the know. It doesn’t matter what you wear, if the viewers have no clue what the fk they’re looking at, it doesn’t matter. You could wear the most GR of GRs, and the unknowing will look at it as a “flex.” As crazy and as unique as SBs can be, I honestly feel like they’re often viewed as a “flex” to people that don’t know anything about shoes, and in a lot of cases to those that aren’t hip to SBs. Whenever I wear my Concept Holy Grail Lows, they get tons of questions and attention. Same with my Humidities. But both of those are on the “low” end in terms of “flex” if I’m wearing them amongst us here.

paris yes.

tokyo for what they are.

freddy trash
tokyo is hype is trash. Just buy a pair of trash ts af1’s at least u can change the swoosh on those. idc how limited those things are.

I wore my HUF hi's last week and love those shoes but never thought they were hypes as some other SBs and I had two folks giving me props for wearing them and just sort of laughed.

I have Lucky hi's too and are probably my most rare SBs and get so much looks for those shoes even though those have not aged well to today's times.
Word, sb’s tend to be the shoes I get completely unexpected compliments on.

There’s definitely a sentimentality associated with sbs for me. Besides AF1s theres not many shoes that I’m still wearing from what i remember as a “golden age” of collecting. The history and memories associated with the various silver, pink, gold, etc. is unmatched as various retros of other models have watered down their stories into one of resell value or further inferior replications that dilute the original design.

The UNLV OW Dunks...
6E7C79EC-EF4E-4F54-AB73-A4FC658E8A21.jpeg

A “flex” is only a “flex” to those in the know. It doesn’t matter what you wear, if the viewers have no clue what the fk they’re looking at, it doesn’t matter. You could wear the most GR of GRs, and the unknowing will look at it as a “flex.” As crazy and as unique as SBs can be, I honestly feel like they’re often viewed as a “flex” to people that don’t know anything about shoes, and in a lot of cases to those that aren’t hip to SBs. Whenever I wear my Concept Holy Grail Lows, they get tons of questions and attention. Same with my Humidities. But both of those are on the “low” end in terms of “flex” if I’m wearing them amongst us here.

Which is why I always thought flexing was stupid. No one cares what shoes you're wearing. It's also an embarrassing mindset. What are you? A middle schooler that wears a new outfit to school hoping for compliments? I don't get the appeal.

my two cents no one asked for...

hunters are a flex point blank period. not only are they one of the illest sneakers nike has dropped (IMO)
they're made out of burlap and canvas. the swooshes when brand new are almost like a day glo orange. there's wood/real tree camo on them and the rest is burlap. the midsole has speckles. its just an eye catching sneaker that is different. it was different then and that still carries on to this day.

sb's are flex sneakers for a reason. dunk sb's to about 04ish used materials and were in colorways nike wasn't really putting on other sneakers at the time.

hunters are def in my top 5 dunk sb of all time. I've owned multiple pairs and have worn all of them and am going to get another pair to rock soon since my last pair are beaters at this point. I used to bomb in them...so i'm biased but yeah. that's a flex sneakers period.

I've had a lot of ppl not into sneakers at all ask me about them when rocking them back when they first dropped up until a few years ago where I stopped rocking the last pair I had because they became beaters/burlap ripped, colors faded, etc.

my two cents no one asked for...

hunters are a flex point blank period. not only are they one of the illest sneakers nike has dropped (IMO)
they're made out of burlap and canvas. the swooshes when brand new are almost like a day glo orange. there's wood/real tree camo on them and the rest is burlap. the midsole has speckles. its just an eye catching sneaker that is different. it was different then and that still carries on to this day.

sb's are flex sneakers for a reason. dunk sb's to about 04ish used materials and were in colorways nike wasn't really putting on other sneakers at the time.

hunters are def in my top 5 dunk sb of all time. I've owned multiple pairs and have worn all of them and am going to get another pair to rock soon since my last pair are beaters at this point. I used to bomb in them...so i'm biased but yeah. that's a flex sneakers period.

I've had a lot of ppl not into sneakers at all ask me about them when rocking them back when they first dropped up until a few years ago where I stopped rocking the last pair I had because they became beaters/burlap ripped, colors faded, etc.

My biggest want for a retro pair is Hunters. Always loved the shoe but never owned it.

My biggest want for a retro pair is Hunters. Always loved the shoe but never owned it.
The Hunters are dope IMO, but never pictured myself wearing them as they’re just a tad too weird for me personally. Had a chance to grab them a couple years ago, but passed. Dope pair though.

when you open that box and put them on your feet...they're mad comfortable and they're even nicer in person than in pics. size up .5 tho and I promise you that you won't regret spending the money.

I saw hufs being mentioned earlier too...those are another pair of pretty unique dunks however the colorway isn't as different but I still got a lot of compliments and questions when I rocked mine. ppl are first hooked on the tye dye and then they look closer and see the leather...

those are def up there in my favorite sneakers of all time list too. I miss those days of creativity plus dope materials and colorways. seems/feels like once bape got more popular stateside nike started making every other sneaker in weird colors with different materials and the allure of dunks faded as they stopped caring about what they put out.

Back
Top Bottom