2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Pretty sure day of the dead resale dropped after halloween. Close to retail, I can't remember.

hmm..i don't remember that at all. I wanted them so bad and they were hard to find without dropping hundreds.

really wish they'd just rerelease those lol.
same way I remember it. if they fell to retail I would have a pair

GRs have never had hard release dates; these were a prebooked GR, a lot of shops passed due to not seeing samples, and a good amount of shops passed because they just didn't like them or think they'd sell.
Why would any shop that sells SB's pass up on any dunk arriving

but take Janoski and bruins etc etc
that doesn't make sense what your saying?

Most shops have a annual minimum amount retailers need to spend to continue receiving wholesale Nike products

They passed on the shoe cuz they didn't see samples??? huh

Most shops have a annual minimum amount retailers need to spend to continue receiving wholesale Nike products

i'm not sure man, why don't you text the shop owners that you're in contact with regularly and ask them why they passed?

Because skate shops, weirdly enough, cater to skateboarders. And there are probably 3 people in America who are going to buy and skate Halloween Dunks.

I was talking to Gary (owner) at Vu, and he freely admits he doesn’t understand which Dunks are going to be hyped and sell. He passed on a bunch of Orange Label stuff, the Halloween’s, and Cords.

i'm not sure man, why don't you text the shop owners that you're in contact with regularly and ask them why they passed?
None of the shops in my area passed on them???
all the shops I know are getting them just haven't got stock for the 19th as Nike posted this update:
Prolly after shops complained that their stock hadn't arrived yet.

October 14, 2019 - Nike SB's limited-edition Dunk Lo "Night of Mischief" screams Halloween with holiday-themed elements including Jack-o'-lantern perforations on the orange leather vamp, purple web detailing and the words "Trick" and "Treat" on the left and right heel.
The shoe drops October 19 on SNKRS and in select skate shops across North America.

Update: The Dunk Lo "Night of Mischief" is available in North America in select skate shops and releases globally on SNKRS and at select skate shops on October 31.

Which shops passed on them in your area???

None of the shops in my area passed on them???
all the shops I know are getting them just haven't got stock for the 19th as Nike posted this update:
Prolly after shops complained that their stock hadn't arrived yet.

October 14, 2019 - Nike SB's limited-edition Dunk Lo "Night of Mischief" screams Halloween with holiday-themed elements including Jack-o'-lantern perforations on the orange leather vamp, purple web detailing and the words "Trick" and "Treat" on the left and right heel.
The shoe drops October 19 on SNKRS and in select skate shops across North America.

Update: The Dunk Lo "Night of Mischief" is available in North America in select skate shops and releases globally on SNKRS and at select skate shops on October 31.

Which shops passed on them in your area???
Vu passed on them. The only local in the Baltimore area.

Because skate shops, weirdly enough, cater to skateboarders. And there are probably 3 people in America who are going to buy and skate Halloween Dunks.

I was talking to Gary (owner) at Vu, and he freely admits he doesn’t understand which Dunks are going to be hyped and sell. He passed on a bunch of Orange Label stuff, the Halloween’s, and Cords.
Well Gary's shop is losing money passing on product WE ALL KNOW SELLS OUT!
Doesn't sound like s smart shop owner, weirdly enough
whether skate boarders buy them or not they sell not sit??

Vu passed on them. The only local in the Baltimore area.

Makes Gary a bigger Dummy! :lol:

Well Gary's shop is losing money passing on product WE ALL KNOW SELLS OUT!
Doesn't sound like s smart shop owner, weirdly enough
whether skate boarders buy them or not they sell not sit??
You don’t get it. You don’t own a skateshop to make money. Yeah, Gary didn’t order a shoe that hypebeasts and resellers would grab entirely before a skater could. But he had the Real team out two weeks ago, Toy Machine this summer, premiered the Toy Machine video last weekend (with Dan Lu in attendance), and helped organize an anniversary weekend at the oldest skatepark in the state last week. I think his priorities are quite well in order.

the long and short of it is that most skate shop owners are not sneaker dudes; they cater to their local skate community, not to the sneaker community at large.

The sneaker community and culture in general fuels a billion dollar industry. If you want to pad your stats at the end of the month, you should order product that pulls them in.

that product pulls them in once a month...on a good month. then you forgot how much SB product sits and has burned shop owners in the past.

considering orders for these were probably placed 6-9 months ago I'm not completely surprised shop owners passed. would think they've adjusted their buying strategy with the resurgence of SB hype.

that product pulls them in once a month...on a good month. then you forgot how much SB product sits and has burned shop owners in the past.

considering orders for these were probably placed 6-9 months ago I'm not completely surprised shop owners passed. would think they've adjusted their buying strategy with the resurgence of SB hype.

Like the newspaper, the trend of things changing were well in their view and they adapted too late.

Re: product sitting, you have to buy this product in order to get the hot **** that people would wait outside for. That's how it's always been with Nike. That's why the mom and pops are on life support. If you can't absorb these potential losses, close up shop which is what these shops are doing.

I hear what you’re saying and you make a solid point, as did Hennessy yesterday. Why pass up on money and a chance at an instant sellout? Thing is, like I said in a post I made yesterday, there’s a lot of shop owners that aren’t in the know. A lot of them don’t understand the SB product or customer base completely. With shop owners not actually seeing them in hand, I could kind of see them passing from that standpoint. The Halloween release could be what it’s turned out to be now which is pretty hyped or it could have been the “Send Help 2s” all over again. I could see some shop owners just backing out all together and not gambling with that headache if they weren’t sure. I litterally know one shop that passed on the Halloweens and ordered a bunch of the FPARs. Can you make that make sense? SMH. It is what it is, they just don’t know. Missing one or two GRs a year isn’t going to destroy your QS account standing, especially if you’ve had an account for a while or you do pretty well selling SB apperal, so that’s not an issue.

Exactly. And we're talking about shops that lived through years of regularly needing to clearance crap like Ishod Dunks.

Well I hope these shop owners read the Forbes article John00 posted and with what your saying
Doesn’t look good for those shops in the next 2 years!

I hear what you’re saying and you make a solid point, as did Hennessy yesterday. Why pass up on money and a chance at an instant sellout? Thing is, like I said in a post I made yesterday, there’s a lot of shop owners that aren’t in the know. A lot of them don’t understand the SB product or customer base completely. With shop owners not actually seeing them in hand, I could kind of see them passing from that standpoint. The Halloween release could be what it’s turned out to be now which is pretty hyped or it could have been the “Send Help 2s” all over again. I could see some shop owners just backing out all together and not gambling with that headache if they weren’t sure. I litterally know one shop that passed on the Halloweens and ordered a bunch of the FPARs. Can you make that make sense? SMH. It is what it is, they just don’t know. Missing one or two GRs a year isn’t going to destroy your QS account standing, especially if you’ve had an account for a while or you do pretty well selling SB apperal, so that’s not an issue.

How are you a business owner and not in the know with the current trends? They deserve their fates.

How are you a business owner and not in the know with the current trends? They deserve their fates.

dog you are so salty you haven't picked these dunks up yet.

these are skate shops. small businesses, a lot with less than 5 people on staff.

operative word there is skate. they sell skate products. they are in the know regards to skate products. they are up to date on what skaters want.

dunks, for the most part, despite being branded as "skate shoes", are not skate shoes. most skate dudes are not skating dunks. dunks are not bringing in the bulk of a skate shop's income.

these are skate shops. small businesses, a lot with less than 5 people on staff.

operative word there is skate. they sell skate products. they are in the know regards to skate products. they are up to date on what skaters want.

dunks, for the most part, despite being branded as "skate shoes", are not skate shoes. most skate dudes are not skating dunks. dunks are not bringing in the bulk of a skate shop's income.
100% truth, pretty sure my local is ran by 3 dudes including the owner and they are more worried about building skate parks and skating boarding as a whole in the local community.

while you're completely right about needing to have have a pulse on their consumer you're completely overlooking that nike might just be a small portion of their business.

then you add the historical strong arming of nike that led to alot of shops going out of business, you eventually end up with shop owners that might be more hesitant to bring in certain product that they're not 1000% sure on...especially if it's not a huge part of their business.

it's a simple yet complicated balance of factors at play

Back
Top Bottom