2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Amazing news for those of us in the Twin Cities.

Haven’t had a Double-A or Triple-A team in reasonable driving distance, just Bill Murray’s St. Paul Saints which are in talks to immediately be the Twins Triple-A team.

What were they doing in Rochester in the first place? Thought that was Blue Jays territory

I pound the pavement HARD for Andruw Jones to be a Hall of Famer. It blows my mind that he is teetering in the teens for vote percentage when players like Omar Vizquel are up in the 50s.

Andruw Jones was an ELITE player for a decade. Best defensive centerfielder ANY of us have aver seen. This should be a no brainer HOF selection.

I pound the pavement HARD for Andruw Jones to be a Hall of Famer. It blows my mind that he is teetering in the teens for vote percentage when players like Omar Vizquel are up in the 50s.

Andruw Jones was an ELITE player for a decade. Best defensive centerfielder ANY of us have aver seen. This should be a no brainer HOF selection.

AND had the dopest cleats

Part time Cubs fan here lol -

fans have been calling for this for 2 years now. Quintana was a disaster (made sense at the time), not trading Schwarber was a blunder, chatwood contract, descalso, la Stella, pitching staff overall, his last few years have been awful.

he did the same exact thing in Boston too, got the ring and took a nosedive

Yeah, no. :smh:

Theo is a damn living legend, it's no coincidence that the man was a key figure in helping TWO cursed franchises get over the hump. Presidents and GMs have limitations placed on them by ownership, so while we can't ignore failures of lacking seasons or bad transactions, there's always more to the puzzle than what's leaked out. Wherever Epstein goes, that organization is going to get better will likely win inevitably. There's not many figures in professional sports that hold that type of credibility.

uhhh, yes. You think he’s been good?

First off, Cub fans (with brains) have not wanted Theo out for two years. That's just plain stupid.

They wanted him out in 2018 after winning 95 games? That's weird.

Or after this year, winning their division.

Those are his DOWN years.

He did more the last 6 years in Chicago than the franchise had done in 100. Yeah, want THAT GUY out.

Ricketts, THE OWNER, who has had massive revenue streams created, by Theo, started limiting spending.

Theo remodeled Wrigley inside and out, generating tons of money, a new TV deal, tons of money and Ricketts stopped Theo from any aggressive moves.

We lost out on Harper, who named his ****ing dog Wrigley, because of money.
We didn't pull the trigger for Arenado, because Bryant is cheaper (and likely will be gone next year)

Know who we did get? Yu Darvish. Why? Because his market collapsed when the trash cans were being banged. 126 million, over 6. If he was free today, well over 200+ million and we wouldn't even call.

So any Cubs "fan" that blames Theo FOR ANYTHING is a moron. An exec didn't bat a thousand, whaaaaaaaa? No ****, a guy missed on a player here and there. He also broke two enormous curses (quickly mind you) loaded both franchises with talent, landed huge revenue streams and eventually he'll move on to a new challenge.

The big(gest) hit to the team was Addison Russell becoming a woman beater. And Theo loved that guy, dropped him immediately when it went wrong. Had Addy developed as he was, things could have been very different. We we're lucky to have Javy to step in, having both would have been huge, as 2016 showed.

If that struck a nerve, don’t look at Reddit. Like I said, casual fan of the team as one of my best friends plays for them, actual team I follow is the Padres. 2019 and 2020 (2 years. Not 2018) there has been undeniable talk from fans of poor roster construction and taking a World Series core and regressing. That’s not even outlandish to say.

couldn’t care less what he does, nor am I short changing his accomplishments, he built that core and did it fast as hell. somebody asked if it was expected and from reading nothing but complaints from Cubs fans the last 2 seasons, not really unexpected. IN MY OPINION.

Last edited:
Perry Minasian, who spent the last 3 seasons as Braves' Assistant GM, hired as Angels' GM:

Reception: Braves have a good amount of young talent, were a game away from World Series, and will be competitive in NL for years, good hire.

Kim Ng gets hired after 7 or 8 GM interviews, almost 3 decades working front office gigs, including assistant GM stints with the Yankees and Dodgers.

Reception: The Marlins are trying to prove they're woke!

Come on home Theo

XxdSyJOYixWGYgDN6X0oOaxHK5WcEbi8qtNvAnzTKr_NAp6MadpOfFPhlDn64Np-N9_17DtbGXIvkdZahAhKYSYUKQl8exeI6z1RRAiY5glod6twhMJU4ocj7_zKB9EsUaLqPVdE

Back
Top Bottom