2023 Official MLB Season Thread

I’m not upset the Yankees didn’t get him. I’m upset the Yankees make so much money and want to be cheap. We haven’t won, we’ve choked and they could have gotten some key players for a reasonable price. Charlie Morton. I would love Lindor but didn’t expect that with Cole’s contract and they gotta pay Judge and DJ.
Easy DJ is coming to the Dodgers

It’s been documented and known for a few years Astros pitchers were cheating. That’s why I was so scared to sign Cole. I don’t know if he’s cheating with us or not.

Yea there’s been stuff documented on the astros spin rate increase once they join the team. That’s one of the beefs Trevor Bauer had with them.

Yea there’s been stuff documented on the astros spin rate increase once they join the team. That’s one of the beefs Trevor Bauer had with them.
Corey Kluber was in the lawsuit too. Funny, he was Bauers teammate at the time. 🤔

Corey Kluber was in the lawsuit too. Funny, he was Bauers teammate at the time. 🤔

I think he said somethingat the time because that’s when verlander got there and his spin rate jumped dramatically from when he was in Detroit and there was talk he was on the downside of his career.

R.I.P to a baseball legend. First things first :nthat:

Now Met fans !! :lol:

I'm only giving u guys **** cause i seem to be surrounded by all of the douchebag Met fans everyone hates. The ones that think they won the world series in Johan's no hitter pic. The one's that everytime the Mets get someone dont shut up till that guy gets hurt or gets traded or is hittin .215 in Aug.

I never bring up all the Yankee chips, nice argument stopper but I ain't been here for em all, only 7 :nthat:

I just had to deal with one of the worst. Dude was sayin how Yanks ain't ****, this is our city "again" because ..... Liriano is everything the Mets needed, Yankee fans better get use to being the baby bro now, "Liriano" is gonna own the national league ... my whole "salt" if u wanna refer to my confidence as such is only directed at some Met fans, not all. Win something then I'll shut up and show alittle respect, till then ....

Not sure if u guys remember him , Rollie Fingers :lol:

Rollie_Fingers.jpg

my uncle told me and also remember hearing it back in the days, he used beeswax on that mustache and used it on the ball , slider was lethal :lol:

They all cheat ...

I agree that every team in every sport cheats in some way, shape, or form. It's essentially gamesmanship and these are grown men playing boys' games.

That scene from Major League with the crisco is realer than you think. Even in D2 college dudes were using pine tar on their gloves and hats. Always been a part of baseball.

Are balls that “slick” that a pitcher “needs” some type of substance to grip better? Or is that just an excuse to use so “The ball doesn’t slip and I hit somebody in the head?”

I was watching one of Trevor Bauer’s vlogs and some player(s) said they were ok with pitchers using substance if it meant them not getting hit in the head

Are balls that “slick” that a pitcher “needs” some type of substance to grip better? Or is that just an excuse to use so “The ball doesn’t slip and I hit somebody in the head?”

I was watching one of Trevor Bauer’s vlogs and some player(s) said they were ok with pitchers using substance if it meant them not getting hit in the head
Brand new balls are pretty slick. Even with the mud that MLB puts on it. Plus the seams on MLB baseballs are very low. You'll see pitchers squeeze the ball with their hands or even toss it to a position player to try and raise the seams. Having an increased grip makes a big difference with the sharpness of the break of a ball.

alot of the time pitchers use something for spin and to get a "feel" with the ball. they change the balls so much now these dudes are gonna have to be ninjas to cheat :lol:

Are balls that “slick” that a pitcher “needs” some type of substance to grip better?

Not realllyy, but as lpheat22 lpheat22 said, substances can enhance the grip making rotations tighter, higher spin rate, thus more movement. Stuff can also be used as a way to add weight to a portion of the ball for again, more movement. Or scuffing the ball, etc...so many things :lol: why it's so prevalent.

They are definitely pretty slick. We’d use the clay to rub them up but still feel pretty slick as if it did nothing.

The only way I could ever get the ball to break was with a hand grip similar to this...

maxresdefault.jpg

...but with the index finger loose. We called it the "Off the table curveball."
Could never get it to break with a two finger grip.

I was a fan of throwing Pedro's circle changeup. Throwing that to a righty at his hands was the best. Either they missed over the top or picked up their knuckles on the way back to the dugout.

Back
Top Bottom