2023 Official MLB Season Thread

not as good as vacating a title but still thats pretty major... suspended for a whole year... ill take it

wow first and second round picks for 2020 and 2021 forfeited too plus 5 million fine

Strong punishment but also probably amounts to basically nothing.

A monkey could manage that roster to a deep playoff run.

Strong punishment but also probably amounts to basically nothing.

A monkey could manage that roster to a deep playoff run.

considerimg they haven't done a whole lot and lost more guys then they've signed this offseason, im not quite too sure of that.

Cora’s going to get nailed for his involvement in the Astros stuff and what he brought to Boston.

Not sure it's harsh enough, I would've taken 1st-5th round picks away for two years. Also, $5M is nothing if the franchise keeps the title. I don't believe in retroactively considering the Dodgers '17 WS champs either, just not completely satisfied if Houston gets to keep it; at least make it official and asterisk that crap LOL!

I'm sick

F da Stros as a staff, record label, and as a MF crew :smh:

Cheers to that. Title should be vacated as well. They're suspended without pay right?
giphy.gif

The picks hurt but who cares about Hinch being suspended. Think any manager could get them into the playoffs.

they've lost two starting pitchers, their starting catcher, and one of their best bullpen pieces. i dont think they're as ok as some are trying to make it seem.

for those who think the punishment isn't harsh enough, what would you have suggested and why?

vacating wins/titles is the dumbest thing ever. you can't make people forget what happened.

Astros will still make the playoffs.

They lose draft picks but they can still get international players, no?

^ they vacate titles in college i dont see why it cant be done in professional sports... just because it hasnt be done yet doesnt mean mlb shouldnt vacate a title.... anyway you look at it the astros cheated to get that world series.. they shouldnt be rewarded a title imo

Back
Top Bottom