2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Astros will still make the playoffs.

They lose draft picks but they can still get international players, no?

^ they vacate titles in college i dont see why it cant be done in professional sports... just because it hasnt be done yet doesnt mean mlb shouldnt vacate a title.... anyway you look at it the astros cheated to get that world series.. they shouldnt be rewarded a title imo

i get that. but what is the practical effect? I still watched the astros win a title. I still celebrated when it happened. you can't make me forget that **** happened :lol:

for those who think the punishment isn't harsh enough, what would you have suggested and why?

vacating wins/titles is the dumbest thing ever. you can't make people forget what happened.
make them return the WS trophy just like they repo'd reggie's heisman

^ they vacate titles in college i dont see why it cant be done in professional sports... just because it hasnt be done yet doesnt mean mlb shouldnt vacate a title.... anyway you look at it the astros cheated to get that world series.. they shouldnt be rewarded a title imo

Yeah, and it's stupid, in college. USC won those titles, I don't give a **** what was vacated (Heisman, titles, etc) cuz of a home loan, come the hell on. :lol: :lol:

for those who think the punishment isn't harsh enough, what would you have suggested and why?

vacating wins/titles is the dumbest thing ever. you can't make people forget what happened.
Have the roster broken up and designated to play in Seattle, Detroit, Baltimore and Pittsburgh for one year

This is pretty much what I expected though. Maybe more picks should have been taken away
9zy7x0_th.png

These penalties are borderline irrelevant. Ask a Mariners fan if they would take a World Series title in exchange for losing picks for 2 years, their manager for 1 and a $5M fine.

MLB claimed they were going to be extremely harsh and this is what they do? Laughable IMO.
What else are they realistically able to do?

This is about as much as you can feasibly ding someone.

Significant penalties to draft picks. 4 total picks? Laughable. $5 million fine to a billionaire? Yea ok

Manager/GM suspended for 1 year? Ehhhh
I would do that in a heartbeat to win a World Series championship.
I thought they were going to be “harsh” to avoid other teams from doing it. But like I said, I would do that in a heartbeat. You wanna scare teams and set them back XX amount of years if they decide to cheat. This doesn’t set the astros back much

Loss of GM + Manager + two top picks AND those picks pool money + 5 mil is pretty damn strong. The 5 mil is a drop in the bucket, but losing out on 4 picks is brutal. Yes, their roster is solid, but they already lost Cole, and Verlander isn't getting younger, and now they have 4 less picks to help with that. That's not nothin folks.

Loss of GM + Manager + two top picks AND those picks pool money + 5 mil is pretty damn strong. The 5 mil is a drop in the bucket, but losing out on 4 picks is brutal. Yes, their roster is solid, but they already lost Cole, and Verlander isn't getting younger, and now they have 4 less picks to help with that. That's not nothin folks.
its peanuts man
MLB draft is like 40 rounds
they could trade guys and get #1 picks or top prospects, not that hard to recoup the farm system that way

its peanuts man
MLB draft is like 40 rounds
they could trade guys and get #1 picks or top prospects, not that hard to recoup the farm system that way

No, you can't trade for 1st round picks man. :lol:

The small market Comp picks maybe, but those are at the end of the round, not anything substantial. This is more serious than you guys are getting.

Get Cora outta here. Sad because it was a cool story, bringing the trophy back to PR and everything. Now he just looks goofy.

I don't get why managers would even feel good about winning pulling stunts like this. You'd think they'd want to square up and see who the best team is. Like having one of the highest payrolls in all of the league ain't enough...

Back
Top Bottom