2023 Official MLB Season Thread

On Sept. 15, 2017, Major League Baseball fined the Boston Red Sox an undisclosed amount for using Apple Watches to convey signs stolen from the Yankees.

MLB also fined the Yankees a lesser amount, leading to a common misconception that both teams engaged in espionage at that time.

At the time, the league announced that the Yankees had "violated a rule governing the use of a dugout phone." What MLB didn't say was that no one had accused the Yankees of cheating.

Their previously unreported actual offense, according to major league sources?

A member of the team, likely then-pitching coach Larry Rothschild, used the dugout phone to call replay coordinator Brett Weber and ask if a particular pitch was a ball or a strike. This did not even occur in 2017, but in a prior season. Weber openly admitted this to the league during its investigation. That's it.

This is all I could find on the Yankees 'cheating'

Struck out way too much.

967722A3-7488-4943-8159-26DFDCCEC3F6.jpeg

Altuve won cause he's small & was the feel good story. Judge bested him in almost every statistical category.

967722A3-7488-4943-8159-26DFDCCEC3F6.jpeg

Altuve won cause he's small & was the feel good story. Judge bested him in almost every statistical category.

Im gonna assume the stats that aren’t pictured are stats that Altuve won. Especially since runs are listed on here

edit

well well well. I’be been convinced! **** altuve!
How is offensive WAR calculated? Because Judge won all those categories yet Altuve had a higher offensive war.

I was so ****in mad that year, I couldn't believe they robbed Judge. They gave it to Altuve cause he's little and a cute story. ****in bull****, Judge was better. Yankees always getting robbed when it comes to player awards. I'm still ****in mad that injury prone clown in Anaheim won ROY over Andujar.

Jeff Passan reporting there is "dissatisfaction with the penelties" the astros received from teams after being told the penelties were to be much worse.

damn, I wonder what they were supposed to be.

Jeff Passan reporting there is "dissatisfaction with the penelties" the astros received from teams after being told the penelties were to be much worse.

damn, I wonder what they were supposed to be.

Forgive me YU Darvish and Playoff Kersh for the slander. This ish makes me sick. Astros and Sox should forfeit championships or and be forced to sit out playoffs for two seasons

Forgive me YU Darvish and Playoff Kersh for the slander. This ish makes me sick. Astros and Sox should forfeit championships or and be forced to sit out playoffs for two seasons

If you completely remove Clayton Kershaw's 3 appearances against the Astros, his career playoff ERA actually goes up! :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom