2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Get Cora outta here. Sad because it was a cool story, bringing the trophy back to PR and everything. Now he just looks goofy.

I don't get why managers would even feel good about winning pulling stunts like this. You'd think they'd want to square up and see who the best team is. Like having one of the highest payrolls in all of the league ain't enough...

disgusting...

The small market Comp picks maybe, but those are at the end of the round, not anything substantial. This is more serious than you guys are getting.
I agree - it's as harsh as it realistically could be.

Stripping titles and wins and **** is stupid - glad they didn't go that route, even though... F*** the Astros.

There's not much else the MLB could've done.

This punishment was always gonna be at some level inconsequential.

If they did take the title from them, then you have to investigate every team that has won a world series, no?

Astros and Red Sox are not the only teams who have cheated.

Cant take it away from me.

737DA828-FC99-42F3-A8F6-83AE9F2CADD7.jpeg
BBF5A6AB-6129-49C5-A605-EB654BF94677.jpeg

I agree - it's as harsh as it realistically could be.

Stripping titles and wins and **** is stupid - glad they didn't go that route, even though... F*** the Astros.

There's not much else the MLB could've done.

This punishment was always gonna be at some level inconsequential.

I believe Dodger fans genuinely expected to have the World Series title given to them, along with Bregman for a Double A relief pitcher and maybe Altuve for a 40 year old catcher or something. :lol:

Would’ve loved to see Boston and Houston both be ruled playoff ineligible for a few seasons, the way college teams got the hammer dropped to where they couldn’t play in bowl games.

Give the current players on this teams who weren’t on the roster in 2017-18 an option to opt out of their contract.

As a Dodger fan I don’t expect the title given to LA, I just don’t want the Astros to be considered champs. I’m petty enough to accept an official asterisk acknowledged by MLB at this point.

A retroactive title wouldn’t undo the things a lot of us experienced during that 7 game series. So many of those games were neck and neck. The 2018 WS I don’t care about, even if there was some cheating, because BoSox were purely better. However, that 2017 stings, especially knowing some Houston fans are smug enough to still feel they deserved that title despite all of this.

People who are advocating for the title to be stripped are not advocating that the title is given to LA. Lol

Blows my mind that people think this is a harsh enough penalty. MLB needed a penalty harsh enough to deter teams from doing this in the future. I bet there are maybe 3 teams in all of baseball that wouldnt gladly give up what the Astros did for a World Series.

Title should be stripped. Houston should not be allowed to profit off of said title in any way.

5 mil in fines, losing a couple players and 2 suspensions is deemed harsh. That's laughable IMO.

Now that's a hammer, but it would be a waste of a season for them to play then.

Would set the organization back , attendance would be down. I doubt anyone else would try something similar.

Just to be fair. Give anyone on the current team who wasn’t on the roster in 2017 the option to terminate their contract and become a free agent.

People who are advocating for the title to be stripped are not advocating that the title is given to LA. Lol

Blows my mind that people think this is a harsh enough penalty. MLB needed a penalty harsh enough to deter teams from doing this in the future. I bet there are maybe 3 teams in all of baseball that wouldnt gladly give up what the Astros did for a World Series.

Title should be stripped. Houston should not be allowed to profit off of said title in any way.

5 mil in fines, losing a couple players and 2 suspensions is deemed harsh. That's laughable IMO.

It would be weird to get it now though, so just vacate it like NCAA does. A lot of people can rightfully argue that it could've been the Yanks' title, which I definitely understand.

Back
Top Bottom