2023 Official MLB Season Thread

I like the idea of playoff ineligibility. Maybe one or two years they already stripped the draft picks so they would be playing for nothing. They lose players because what’s the point of playing. Cmon now they pulled this off in the World Series not just a regular game.

Title should be stripped. Houston should not be allowed to profit off of said title in any way.

5 mil in fines, losing a couple players and 2 suspensions is deemed harsh. That's laughable IMO.
Stripping the title accomplishes what? Everyone knows who won. Nobody's going to forget it.

They let Bonds keep the home run record. Why would this be any different?

And all the money for that title's already been made. Anything they make off it moving forward is peanuts.

It would be weird to get it now though, so just vacate it like NCAA does. A lot of people can rightfully argue that it could've been the Yanks' title, which I definitely understand.

Both the Yankees and Dodgers have a valid gripe toward Houston.

It’s a reason the Yankees looked like an entirely different team in Houston that series. They had those frauds on the ropes going into game 6.

Game 5 in the World Series. The Dodgers were rolling. Houston knew what was coming the second time around. In retrospect it was bs that Gurriel didn’t get suspended for World Series games for making that slanted eyed guesture toward Darvish in game 3.

I get the logic of people saying “i know who won in 2017 regardless of what punishment happened”. But stripping the title, removing the banner from their ballpark, and taking back the trophy is more so meant to humiliate them than anything.

20 years from now this will all be forgotten about. But if in the history book it’s blank for 2017, or they have an astreisk next to their name. It makes sure their fraudulent activities aren’t forgotten.

Saying "what does ____ accomplish? They already won the title" is one of the silliest rebuttals I have seen on this topic.

You can literally insert ANY punishment you want in the blank, and it wouldnt change the second part of the sentence.

Might as well revoke all the titles for any teams with known PED users too while we're at it.

without getting into what teams did/didn’t know or ignored, PEDs were on the individual player and not a team/organizational thing.

Disclaimer: I’m a dodger fan and I’m mad lol

^ i dont think the MLB ever seriously considered vacating houstons title... regardless if it was the right thing to do or not i dont think they would actually go through with it

And only the teams that won titles stole signs?
No, but THIS team that won a title got caught.

Again, you guys can disagree with the ramifications of what losing their title would mean, but simply put, these punishments wouldnt deter any team from doing this again....and MLB has said the punishment was going to be harsh enough to deter teams from doing this loving forward. It wont.

Did the MLB know about this back when the Astros did it? Why else would they have MLB security guard the room in the next year's WS?

No, but THIS team that won a title got caught.

Again, you guys can disagree with the ramifications of what losing their title would mean, but simply put, these punishments wouldnt deter any team from doing this again....and MLB has said the punishment was going to be harsh enough to deter teams from doing this loving forward. It wont.
And forfeiting a title would?

Who cares? The only points of reference we have with this are college sports, and literally none of the win vacating or title stripping done at that level has ever curbed any level of cheating.

Vacating titles or wins is stupid and completely, utterly meaningless.

B192C5E4-C15B-4C85-96CB-1E48E8DA2A00.gif

Dodgers still lost back to back World Series

Did the MLB know about this back when the Astros did it? Why else would they have MLB security guard the room in the next year's WS?

It was said during the initial reports that most teams when traveling to/playing in houston knew the astros were doing this. It was also reported that MLB told them to stop doing it once word got out initially that they were doing it.

It's crazy how blatant they were with it. Video replay was implemented what, like 5 years? You'd think the MLB would have had checks and balances in place to protect against it.

For real. Their World Series documentary dvd were filming Altuve going back to the locker room through the tunnel and you can literally see them breaking down the video equipment and TV lol.

Back
Top Bottom