2023 Official MLB Season Thread

George Springer going to Blue Jays instead of the Mets as it was previously heavily speculated.

Jose Quintana going to the Angels. But only a 1-year deal?

Mets were offering Springer between 120-125 mil and we’re right there with Toronto. Toronto upped it today to 150 to pull away.

Swinging that big deal for Lindor put them in a spot where they couldn’t spend that kind of money, knowing they going to have for shell out more for Lindor and Syndergard, Strowman, and Matz are all free agents next year and potent need pitching.

Last edited:
I know Lindor is a big contract but I thought for sure they’d pay Springer. They need someone who has one and a good OFer. I also didn’t expect the Jays of all teams to come in and pay that.

I know Lindor is a big contract but I thought for sure they’d pay Springer. They need someone who has one and a good OFer. I also didn’t expect the Jays of all teams to come in and pay that.

I thought the Mets would too but the owner came out and said they were going to spend money but not go crazy. I think if they didn't get Lindor, you would of seen Springer in a Met uniform. They have to try to work out a long term deal now that'll be more than Springer's for him and may have to rebuild that pitching staff next year.

Swinging that big deal for Lindor put them in a spot where they couldn’t spend that kind of money, knowing they going to have for shell out more for Lindor and Syndergard, Strowman, and Matz are all free agents next year and potent need pitching.
I think you’re overestimating how much they’d have to pay Noah and Matz - I’d argue they aren’t even thinking about bringing Matz back again at the moment. If anything I think it’s Conforto and his upcoming FA that kept them from signing Springer.

I think you’re overestimating how much they’d have to pay Noah and Matz - I’d argue they aren’t even thinking about bringing Matz back again at the moment. If anything I think it’s Conforto and his upcoming FA that kept them from signing Springer.

Yeah that and 3/5s of the starting rotation are going to be free agents next offseason.

Wow, feels like the Blue Jays usually don’t spend money. Did they get a new owner or something?

Toronto finally making a move to establish a truly competitive squad

Vlad's dropped a good amount of weight too.

Toronto has a good young core, this might be their best shot to win. Just gotta add some arms and they'll be very competitive.

Toronto has a good young core, this might be their best shot to win. Just gotta add some arms and they'll be very competitive.

Such a tough division - Tor, TB, Bal rebuild looking solid in regards to rebuild, NY and never count out Booston

Red Sox are trash. No pitching. They've already said they're playing it safe with Sale so I'd be surprised if he comes back before all-star break. E-Rod has some concerning health issues stemming from COVID. Not many free agents they could sign that would make a splash. Maybe Bauer. He's about the only worthwhile FA under 35 years old . Maybe Matt Moore :lol:

This season is going to be absolute Epicness.
I want to see Wil Myers more than any other player though.
He finally earned some of that money Pads gave him.
Watching him last year was cool.
I think he hit as many DINGERS last year as he did the year before, in 1/3 of the games.
Same for RBI.
Don’t even need those XBH from him though, if he hits .280+ again, Dodgers going to be chasing them all year.

Two steps back for the Rays, two steps forward for the Jays.

Supposedly the Jays just made an offer to Brad Hand. If all these pieces sign, Jays gonna be first or second in the division

Back
Top Bottom