2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Her jugs are no joke, I seen her up close and she kept looking at me. I'm thinking what the ****? Then saw her again later. Schwarber came over and talked to her and their parents or some **** I was like oh.

These joints always chosing. Don't matter who they man is

:lol:

Harper definitely wants to go to Chicago, LA, or NY. Problem is none of those teams are interested in signing him, which doesn’t make any sense to me...

Harper definitely wants to go to Chicago, LA, or NY. Problem is none of those teams are interested in signing him, which doesn’t make any sense to me...
Why doesn’t it? Teams don’t wanna spend that much money on him and/or believe he’s not worth it

What void would he fill for the Yanks? I feel like they already have one of the best lineups in all of baseball and a pretty stable OF.

Sure, they'd love Harper. But none of the teams you mentioned need an outfielder bad enough where they would shell out that kind of money

I think Harper is good player but not great. He's so inconsistent and he's not a top 10 CF.

Yankees also have enough OFs, if we didn't. I think we'd definitely get him this offseason.

What void would he fill for the Yanks? I feel like they already have one of the best lineups in all of baseball and a pretty stable OF.
The Yankees need a LH power bat. And they’re the Yankees. The money they’d spend on Harper per year and the possible luxury tax hit is pennies for them. They have the money for him and are gonna settle for Gardner’s corpse out there :lol:
Sure, they'd love Harper. But none of the teams you mentioned need an outfielder bad enough where they would shell out that kind of money
I’d say the Cubs do, but they’re hamstrung by Heyward. Dodgers need an OF as well depending on what they do with Bellinger.

Just my opinion, but owners and GMs are using the luxury tax as a BS excuse not to spend when the penalties for going over it are practically nothing. A strike is gonna be coming soon.

The Yankees need a LH power bat. And they’re the Yankees. The money they’d spend on Harper per year and the possible luxury tax hit is pennies for them. They have the money for him and are gonna settle for Gardner’s corpse out there :lol:

I’d say the Cubs do, but they’re hamstrung by Heyward. Dodgers need an OF as well depending on what they do with Bellinger.

Just my opinion, but owners and GMs are using the luxury tax as a BS excuse not to spend when the penalties for going over it are practically nothing. A strike is gonna be coming soon.

That's exactly what's happening. The year I have read/seen was 2021 or something like that.

Theo wants him, but he has to have buy off from the owner, who is about to get a new TV deal, but won't sign off until he sees what the final offer is.

If the Phillies make an offer, and Boras calls Theo and tells him what it is, then Ricketts has to decide if he wants to match that and Bryce will be a Cub.

Yeah we need a left bat but why pay 250 when your OF is overcrowded already. I'm good. Not worth it.

Save you some money and go get pitching cause pitching was our biggest issue.

Dam, Murray chose Cte ball over baseball, huh? The propaganda from the NFL can finally subside for now.

51140362-56D4-4845-9523-5E771597AFB7.jpeg
Will read the whole thing later. But the little that I did read is what I’ve been saying for years. It’s not so much about winning nowadays, it’s more about how much money can we make

Dam, Murray chose Cte ball over baseball, huh? The propaganda from the NFL can finally subside for now.

hope it works out for him i truly do, but i may be bias but man i love baseball over every other sport

if i had the opportunity and was an amazing athlete like he is my decision easily woulda been MLB but then again i aint in his shoes nor will i ever be smh

Yeah we need a left bat but why pay 250 when your OF is overcrowded already. I'm good. Not worth it.

Save you some money and go get pitching cause pitching was our biggest issue.

How is the outfield crowded? Because of shot to **** Gardner? His last remaining plus is what, taking pitches? He’s trash.

Hicks has a pretty good career year, and if he can duplicate it, that’s nice. But Bryce has such huge upside and starpower that his salary will make the Yankees a profit.

Boone refuses to let Stanton play the outfield regularly, so you can rotate Stanton/Harper at DH/LF.

A power lefty is necessary. Didi is good, Bird is a bust. Bryce would be huge in the 3 hole.

Such a frustrating offseason by the Yankees. Started off with a bang with Paxton but now cheapening out on the top FA’s... yet overpaying for a 2B?!?!? Surprised they resigned Britton.

i dont know if hes a good baseball player but if he is then he made a dumb decision... you make more money playing baseball and its a safer sport...you can retire healthy and rich...same cant be said about football where nothing is guaranteed

Regarding Kyler, if he chooses MLB (which I think he should) he’d have to go through the motions of minor league life. This includes low A, High A before even traveling to towns and cities he knew existed. It’ll take 2-3 years before he’d get called up to Oakland. His bonus is decent for a professional athlete, but the real money wouldn’t come for a while.

If he’s drafted in the 1st round of NFL draft he’d be a starting QB on a bad team or back up in a good team, worst case scenario. In football, QBs can perform well in certain systems, despite limitations as a player. His streamline to starting and making an impact for the first team is a lot faster in NFL than MLB.

The longevity of an MLB career is dependent on a lot more factors (constant adjustment, years in minors prior to call up, consistent performance first 2-3 years) before really being secure. However once you make it, you’re definitely more secure financially despite potential injuries.

In conclusion, I wish the best for the young man. MLB could use him more than NFL in regards to American youth continuing to/starting to give a damn about the sport, especially those who may be playing both Pop Warner and Little League/RBI. Rooting for him regardless.

Yeah, being born in Norman myself and a lifelong A's fan, I'm torn. We do need a bat in the outfield, but who knows where he would be in three or four years. The whole thing kinda had a feel of desperation from the NFL regarding these guys coming out and just being plain athletic choosing a different sport. It doesnt affect me as a fan so much for the A's but more so as someone who is tired of seeing stories of these dudes becoming messed up in their later years. I was hoping he would have said **** that, I dont want to take the risk, and throw a finger to the nfl.

How is the outfield crowded? Because of shot to **** Gardner? His last remaining plus is what, taking pitches? He’s trash.

Hicks has a pretty good career year, and if he can duplicate it, that’s nice. But Bryce has such huge upside and starpower that his salary will make the Yankees a profit.

Boone refuses to let Stanton play the outfield regularly, so you can rotate Stanton/Harper at DH/LF.

A power lefty is necessary. Didi is good, Bird is a bust. Bryce would be huge in the 3 hole.

Such a frustrating offseason by the Yankees. Started off with a bang with Paxton but now cheapening out on the top FA’s... yet overpaying for a 2B?!?!? Surprised they resigned Britton.

You got Hicks (been playing great), Stanton and Judge. Then you still have Ellsbury and Clint Frazier. Ellsbury seems to be done but who knows. Clint is a beast but I don't know what's up with his head issues.

I'll take Harper but is he a need at 250 mil? No, it's not my money and I don't care about the Yankees money but if they spend a lot on him, that lowers their chances for future free agents.

You got Hicks (been playing great), Stanton and Judge. Then you still have Ellsbury and Clint Frazier. Ellsbury seems to be done but who knows. Clint is a beast but I don't know what's up with his head issues.

I'll take Harper but is he a need at 250 mil? No, it's not my money and I don't care about the Yankees money but if they spend a lot on him, that lowers their chances for future free agents.

Hicks has been good (I wouldn’t say great), but is he really a guy that you pass on someone like Harper for? Either way, he could stay in CF as Stanton only started 35 games in left (about the same in right because of Judge’s injury). More than half his games were at DH and that probably wouldn’t change with or without Harper.

Ellsbury? Lmao.

Clint has talent and assuming his headaches are gone, he could be legit. But if we could sign Bryce (Clint is yet another righty), I’d hope to work out a rumored three-way trade with Padres and Indians to get Kluber (Frazier/Andujar and Gray).

And it would only lower that chance at future free agents if they continue to be cheap. If they give him $35M a season, I would bet revenue goes up at least that. He’s one of the faces of baseball and his star will only shine even brighter wearing pinstripes.

There is no salary cap in baseball, so it really won’t “stop” them from acquiring anyone unless they just don’t want to. They have the money, they just won’t spend it anymore. They’ll have contracts like Ellsbury, Gardner, CC, LaMahieu, etc come off once its time to pay guys like Judge and Severino.

Their revenue is pushing (or surpassing) $700M this past season and can approach $800M soon if they sign someone like Harper and they put on offensive shows (imagine Judge/Harper/Stanton mashing 2-3-4 ) nightly.

i dont know if hes a good baseball player but if he is then he made a dumb decision... you make more money playing baseball and its a safer sport...you can retire healthy and rich...same cant be said about football where nothing is guaranteed

This is where you are dead wrong. Murray choosing football guarantees that he at least has tens of millions of dollars. Baseball, the only guarantee he has is his signing bonus plus peanuts for a few years.

If Murray is picked 32nd overall, he will be picked where the Ravens took Lamar Jackson last year. Including signing bonus, Jackson will receive a sliver under $15M for 4 years. Murray will likely get picked higher than 32nd, and his salary will be higher than that. But even if it isnt, thats like $9M more than he would make playing baseball.

Granted, long term money is definitely in baseball. I would choose baseball if I was him. But when you make the point that "nothing is guaranteed" in football, you would be completely incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom