2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Safe to say every team in the league would have a problem with a star from another team calling out Trout by name to the media though.

if it aint the front offices who cares IMO

let friends/players do whatever they want. hell prolly get a slap on the wrist like Judge did im sure tho

I agree with you. It adds more drama, which hell that's what MLB needs!

But teams and the league got a problem with it. Hell, look at how crazy the NBA got for LeBron's fake "tampering" with AD. These leagues got theories that it's not good for their sport if it's wild west and players just start talking to media about everyone joining up. They can't set that precedent so they cut it off at the head every single time (even if it's a slap yeah)

Yup, now the talk for the next two years is whether Trout leaves or stays. It's great for the MLB but I'm sure traditional/old school fans are going to hate it and talk about how it's not proper. So much down time in baseball, they should really think about letting players tweet during games or livestream on IG.

Craziest Trout stat I saw with where the Angels are at is he got 608 plate appearances last year, batted .346 with RISP..........and only knocked in 40 base runners (not including himself).

Craziest Trout stat I saw with where the Angels are at is he got 608 plate appearances last year, batted .346 with RISP..........and only knocked in 40 base runners (not including himself).

Just looked at his Baseball Ref - so insane. Basically the Angels couldn’t get on, he must have hit a lot of singles with Pujols in front of him, and had 25 IBBs.

Should have moved him up in the lineup

he might be alil iffy on a long/big contract after that Pujols one.. i know he shaking his head on that one

the angels have deff tried to better the team and get good players around trout but it just hasn't been working out like they imagined im sure

Arte Moreno will break the bank for Trout.

And if the Angels still have zero playoff wins by the time his contract is up, I dont know that any amount of money would get him to re-sign. Especially because there should be teams lining up at his door to attempt to sign him.

he might be alil iffy on a long/big contract after that Pujols one.. i know he shaking his head on that one

the angels have deff tried to better the team and get good players around trout but it just hasn't been working out like they imagined im sure

Trout at 28 vs Pujols at 32, easy call to break the bank for Mike

Idk if I’m trout that I sign an extension. They’ve been so poorly run.

he's welcome 45 min up the 405 to the 110 :smile:

srsly though I agree unless theres some good jumps made this year and next year, Ohtani comes back strong, they get the rotation in order and make playoff runs he should leave. no one would hold it against him.

Back
Top Bottom