2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Cubs have the money, but do they want to take on another terrible contract?

They technically don't have the money. Unless Theo gets Ricketts to sign off on paying the tax.

They'd have to make some roster moves to get the money. Idk who would want to take Heyward unless the Cubs foot most of his remaining $$

I fell asleep watching MLB Network last night and for some reason had a dream Harper signed with the Dbacks last night :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I feel like Manny to NY is a done deal.

Last edited:
I have a feeling Bryce comes crawling back to the Nats. Nobody else is ponying up.

Harper’s best selling point is that he’s 26 and entering his prime. What if he’s actually declining? Last year was alarming. He was basically Adam Dunn. Nobody ever mentions it, but his defense is awful. I just don’t see what’s so enticing. He’s a power hitting corner outfielder.

The longer this plays out, the more I see him in a Nats uniform. The Lerners love him and the revenue/attention he brings.

I have a feeling Bryce comes crawling back to the Nats. Nobody else is ponying up.

Harper’s best selling point is that he’s 26 and entering his prime. What if he’s actually declining? Last year was alarming. He was basically Adam Dunn. Nobody ever mentions it, but his defense is awful. I just don’t see what’s so enticing. He’s a power hitting corner outfielder.

The longer this plays out, the more I see him in a Nats uniform. The Lerners love him and the revenue/attention he brings.

:lol:

Happy New Year
#MetsIn2019

tumblr_pklehevlLc1sma340_400.gif

Why are Indians getting rid of Kluber?
It's a tough move, but a smart one. Take advantage of a thin SP market, now that Corbin and Eovaldi have already signed. Pay Keuchel or trade for Kluber? Kluber's contract is extremely team-friendly, like $53M over the next three years. That makes him even more alluring to clubs in win-now mode. Lastly, our OF is thin, could benefit from injection of talented prospects. Cleveland obviously can't field a payroll like New York or Boston, plus attendance has been a concern.

CP you can laugh at jrain but bryce is going to sign with the nats

Keep holding onto the hope he signs with ya'll it aint happening

I have always maintained that the swindle of the year is going to be a Rendon trade to Chicago for Bryant and some combination of players on either side ...
Idk man, I don’t see the Nats trading Rendon. Once Bryce is officially gone I bet they announce a Rendon extension.

Phillies are not giving up on Harper. They will have a meeting with him in few days

The guy had one of the greatest age-22 seasons ever. Just because he hasn’t matched that yet, doesn’t mean he’s on the decline. He is entering his prime, has a good walk rate and clearly power. He lacked the discipline this year and instead chased a lot, probably with the contract year motivating him to try to do too much.

He’s not a natural CF but a good RF. You don’t see what’s enticing about a 26yo proven power lefty corner outfielder?

I know Machado is an excellent defender at 3B (but meh at SS after years away from the position), but they are not the same level hitter imo. Machado’s career season is Harper’s career average.

I still think he doesn’t return to the Nats but I do find it interesting neither of the two have signed yet. Supposedly Machado’s decision is coming soon but doesn’t sound like Bryce is close, maybe he’s holding out hope the Yanks change their mind (which I don’t understand why they’ve taken a hard stance against him thus far, besides frugal Hal and Cash being the braintrust).

Harper is not a "natural CF" lmao ... He is a Natural Catcher that is terrible in the OF ...

Bryce is one of the worst outfielders I've ever seen ... And this coming from a Nats fan who would like him back ...

Back
Top Bottom