2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Beautiful park right off of Gaslump district in SD. Great beer and food as well for a ball park. With all due respect to SD fans, a lot of Dodger fans happily consider it a 2nd home field.
Love going to that damn stadium man. Don’t get me wrong, Chavez Ravine is number 1 but petco is beautiful.

Jim Bowden made a good point. It might not be a bad move for Machado and Harper to be one year mercenaries and tell a team give me 1 year $35-40mil, and then go into Free Agency next year. There will be a team or two that it’s too good not to pass it up even if they are in the tax.

And I get the take guaranteed money now crowd, but they are not pitchers, as long as they don’t lose an actual arm or leg...They could go into next year and get a long term deal.

essential1 essential1 that sounds great on paper, but if you’re either of those guys, and you leave 150+ million on the table, you better hope you’re covered in bubble wrap and the injury gods don’t come see you

essential1 essential1 that sounds great on paper, but if you’re either of those guys, and you leave 150+ million on the table, you better hope you’re covered in bubble wrap and the injury gods don’t come see you

Yes. But like I said, they’re not pitchers, there’s very few injuries that would depress the market any more than it has been.

I guess honestly it comes down to what they’re actual offers are out there for them. There’s no way they can be much over $200mil right now if they haven’t signed to this point.

Last edited:
Jim Bowden made a good point. It might not be a bad move for Machado and Harper to be one year mercenaries and tell a team give me 1 year $35-40mil, and then go into Free Agency next year. There will be a team or two that it’s too good not to pass it up even if they are in the tax.

And I get the take guaranteed money now crowd, but they are not pitchers, as long as they don’t lose an actual arm or leg...They could go into next year and get a long term deal.

What's to say this all just doesn't happen yet again in 2020?

At this rate, a 1 year deal isn't out of the question. Waste of time, but not out of their question.

I’m all for DH in both leagues but I agree the 3 pitcher minimum is a bit of a stretch right now.

3 batter minimum idea sucks. What if a guy throws a first pitch HR, then next guy hits another home run on the 2nd pitch.

Nahhh, that RP isn’t getting a 3rd batter or pitch.

Also I disregard the opinion of anyone who wants to see pitchers flailing around out there.

I’m all for DH in both leagues but I agree the 3 pitcher minimum is a bit of a stretch right now.

This. Much rather just universal DH and keep it moving.

If you really want a pitcher hitting, you make the necessary adjustments.

Watch a random team like the Mariners mess around and give Harper like 4 years/$180M.

Back
Top Bottom