2023 Official MLB Season Thread

That’s cute but we’ve heard that for a month

He’s a giant. His wife and Brandon Crawford’s wife were seen in DT San Francisco apartment shopping.

Had a dream that Harper went to SD

We'll see how prophetic it was!!!

jj02lmk49i221.jpg

:pimp:

Bitter? Mets didn’t even offer him and if they did and it was a short deal I’d tolerate it. But call a spade a spade. His career WAR is inflated by one great season out of 6. He’s done nothing substantial otherwise. If that’s the guy you wanna give a 7 year deal to, feel free and enjoy the ramifications down he road.

Phillies emerging as the favorite to land Harper, according to Jon Heyman.

He had a down year, but he's just 26 and had several seasons before that proving that his years 27-35 will be worth landing him. Yeah, it might be ugly at the end of the deal, but the front half should negate those frustrations as long you're serious about winning as an organization by what you do with the rest of your roster during his prime years. I'd assume they will be.

Bitter? Mets didn’t even offer him and if they did and it was a short deal I’d tolerate it. But call a spade a spade. His career WAR is inflated by one great season out of 6. He’s done nothing substantial otherwise. If that’s the guy you wanna give a 7 year deal to, feel free and enjoy the ramifications down he road.
Shieettttt I care most about baseball being entertaining in Philly again. Phillies are going to be good with or without Harper next year. That Realmuto trade was :pimp:

Then you bring in Harper and then potentially Trout in the next season or two :pimp: :pimp:

Yes bitter. You can say/post whatever you want but won't change the fact that the majority of time you hear this talk from cats that team have no chance on the player. If you knew the future for certain this good you'd be richer than Bezos. You could be right eventually as players get bad over time normally but unless it's right away bad in the first 3/4 years what you're talking is eh to me. Common knowledge the average player gets less productive as they age but at his age the first few years should be productive enough. If they aren't eh won't be the first time but why not gamble on a 26 yr old over the cats that's usually 4/5yrs older when they are FA?

Moose back to MIL

Angels should've offered more

1B: Pujols
2B: Cozart
3B: Moose
SS: Simmons
OF: Trout, Upton, Calhoun
DH: Ohtani

Brewers:
1B: Aguilar
2B: Shaw
3B: Moose
SS: Arcia
OF: Yelich, Cain, Braun
C: Grandal

Cubs:
1B: Rizzo
2B: Zobrist
3B: Bryant
SS: Baez
OF: Schwarber, Almora, Heyward
C: Contreras

Cardinals:
1B: Goldschmidt
2B: Wong
3B: Carpenter
SS: DeJong
OF: Bader, Ozuna, Fowler
C: Molina

Good lord!!!

Based on the reports, sounds like the Giants again missed on the big market FA. That's two years of missing out on Stanton and Harper.

With that being said, I'm ready to get my heart strings pulled on the Giants express interest in Trout.

Knightengale said Philly for more than 10/300.

Either that means he's going to the Giants, or signing a 1 year deal. Not sure which. :lol:

Shieettttt I care most about baseball being entertaining in Philly again. Phillies are going to be good with or without Harper next year. That Realmuto trade was :pimp:

Then you bring in Harper and then potentially Trout in the next season or two :pimp: :pimp:
I care most about the Phills winning which they were doing most of the year last year until the end. 1-0 or 20-0 makes me no difference.

CC’s last year this season. :frown:

In my mind, he’s a Hall of Famer. Won’t be first ballot, but absolutely should be in.

17th in Ks.
246 Wins
Will likely get into Top 50 pitching WAR (51st right now)
20 win season
3- 19 Win Seasons
Stretch run in Milwaukee 11-2 1.65 ERA in 17 starts. Averaged 7-2/3 innings per game in those starts.
6-time All Star
1 Cy Young
ALCS MVP

Back
Top Bottom