2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Happy opening day :frown:

IMG_20200326_143517.jpg
IMG_20200326_143312.jpg
Beard is fire

no that’s not what they did. Red Sox got prospects in return. Not a rental like mookie.
You know what I am saying. And this has nothing to do with it being the Dodgers who I dislike. The Redsox should be ashamed at themselves for making that deal (unless they know for certain Mookie is coming back).

Sucks for the Dodgers, but in all reality, they didnt give up much in terms of value. We all know this was a salary dump. The prospects were secondary.

You know what I am saying. And this has nothing to do with it being the Dodgers who I dislike. The Redsox should be ashamed at themselves for making that deal (unless they know for certain Mookie is coming back).

Sucks for the Dodgers, but in all reality, they didnt give up much in terms of value. We all know this was a salary dump. The prospects were secondary.

Trading Mookie was dumb (everyone knows that)... but it has nothing to do with the prospect of the Dodgers losing what was supposed to be at least a rental to get them over the hump and possibly a long term signing, potentially leaving without playing a single game. Meanwhile, they'd still be stuck with Price and his contract :lol:

No regrets for someone the caliber of Mookie. Who knows? Maybe he ends up signing an extension for more guaranteed money because of the current pandemic instead of waiting it out like originally planned..

Wouldn’t be mad if he didn’t though.

No regrets for someone the caliber of Mookie. Who knows? Maybe he ends up signing an extension for more guaranteed money because of the current pandemic instead of waiting it out like originally planned..

Wouldn’t be mad if he didn’t though.

Yeah it was a no brainer trade for LA. I don't think anyone denies that. No one predicted this mess (unfortunately).

Just doing some random perusing and it's crazy and kinda under the radar due to Bonds and McGwire that Sosa had over 60 HRs in 3 different seasons. Wild.

In '99 after his 66 HRs in '98 and winning MVP, he hit 63 and was 9th in MVP voting. :lol:

That must've been the precipice of the steroids being brought to light. Had to be.

His 5 year run was absurd.

And somehow, the 50 and 49 were his league leading years. :lol:

It's a damn shame the stigmatization of that era because he was so damn great. Career arch similar to Bonds, actually, but those Cubbies teams he was on early didnt get the shine that Bonds' Pirates did.

I'm perfectly aware this is coming, but I'm still hurting big time.

NBA, MLB, NFL are all going to be empty the rest of this year, imo. This is STAGGERING stuff. The entire sports world brought to its knees and could affect 2 different seasons. Just unreal. :frown:

Donald thinks we'll be back by Easter, he's a ****ing moron. You can't put 20K, 50K, or 80K in a place and not have it come back with a vengeance. That would wipe out millions. Sports leagues are going to have to prepare to lose season(s) over this. And I'm devastated by it.

I'm perfectly aware this is coming, but I'm still hurting big time.

NBA, MLB, NFL are all going to be empty the rest of this year, imo. This is STAGGERING stuff. The entire sports world brought to its knees and could affect 2 different seasons. Just unreal. :frown:

Donald thinks we'll be back by Easter, he's a ****ing moron. You can't put 20K, 50K, or 80K in a place and not have it come back with a vengeance. That would wipe out millions. Sports leagues are going to have to prepare to lose season(s) over this. And I'm devastated by it.

I suppose it's wishful thinking, but do we really not see this rectified by the time the NFL is supposed to begin?

I hope I'm wrong but I've come to grips with the fact that we probably ain't seeing any more college or pro sports until AT LEAST August.

I suppose it's wishful thinking, but do we really not see this rectified by the time the NFL is supposed to begin?

that’s assuming people do as told and distance themselves. Trump wants everything up and running by Easter because he believes it’ll help him get re-elected probably.

Your avy wants to re-open the county in 2 weeks. TWO. WEEKS.

Every, single, day, it's getting worse, and the dude wants to open "for business" in two weeks. That's mid-April, he wants to send people back to work and that's just going to re-spark everything. Cures won't be ready at a minimum for another year. (maybe we shave some time off that, but not much)

And look......this is BEST case. What happens if/when we start seein Doctors and Nurses en masse get sick? Do you know what that is going to do, if that happens? :smh:

No, sadly, I do not expect to see football ready to go in 3-4 months. Training, practice, workouts, all that would start in July. Zero chance, imo, that happens.

Back
Top Bottom