2023 Official MLB Season Thread

C6C4F4B7-87F8-4A54-B5A3-999E7BD97A5E.jpeg

What ?
Dodgers were built by an “analytic bozo”
Friedman gets computers putin
I don't mind the analytics with money being spent. You have the money, spend it. I'm just against it because Cashman wants to do the same and go away what can help the team win. And because analytics probably still puts the Yankees to have a high probability of going to the playoffs and world series, they won't ever do anything to close the gaps with glaring issues. No reason that just last year they finally signed an ace like Cole. I feel as if a Ray World Series will have the Yankees pinching more pennies and looking to build a team in a manner that doesn't work fully and isn't our identity.

I don't mind the analytics with money being spent. You have the money, spend it. I'm just against it because Cashman wants to do the same and go away what can help the team win. And because analytics probably still puts the Yankees to have a high probability of going to the playoffs and world series, they won't ever do anything to close the gaps with glaring issues. No reason that just last year they finally signed an ace like Cole. I feel as if a Ray World Series will have the Yankees pinching more pennies and looking to build a team in a manner that doesn't work fully and isn't our identity.
yankees pinched pennies to get under the tax, but theyll be back to throwing bags

dodgers did the same thing in recent years, not offering max deals to big stars ( harper, cole, or trading for guys with bloated deals)
but we actually have one of the best farm system that has developed the young guys to be brought up and be key players on the roster

I don't think there's a stat that tracks this that I can use but the amount of runs the Braves gave up this series with 2 outs was nothing that I've ever seen before. They gave up at LEAST 8 runs with 2 outs on the board. Their inability to close out innings was their biggest weakness defensively.

im not sure on the number, but the dodgers are one of the best teams at scoring runs with 2 outs. we scored 10 of the 11 runs with 2 outs in that crazy first inning of game 3 :lol:

I was a freshman in college, new apartment with two friends so it really couldn't have come at a better time.

Post game 7 was chaos.

Untitled.jpg

i was in australia for study abroad. felt like every american in sydney was a sox fan that day. insane day. game ended mid morning or afternoon if i recall. party started immediately for like 14 hours straight :lol:

Back
Top Bottom