2023 Official MLB Season Thread

The Yankees gotta be loving this. Tampa making Houston work for this and putting wear on their arms.

Potentially no Cole until game 3, no Verlander til game 2, and even crazier, potentially no Houston at all.

Crazy that Tampa has outscored Houston this series so far, and barring a game 5 blowout will likely outscore them this entire series no matter how it plays out.

This is a fun game going on right now.

Here we go:

Alright, being there in person, Game 3 between the Yankees-Twins was a spectacular yet typical experience.

I went to both NYY-MIN Game 3 in 2009 at the Metrodome, and NYY-MIN Game 3 in 2010 during the first year at Target Field: when New York finished off both those sweeps of the Twins.

And no one can be shocked by the fact that it was an eerily similar feeling in the stadium all night last night.

Simply: waiting for something to happen, believing it never will.

The offense could not drive runs home when it mattered (1-12 with RISP yesterday).

Incredibly disappointed in Miguel Sano down the stretch of this series: He finished the ALDS hitting 1-12 with eight strikeouts, and was 0-10 in his last 10 ABs. After that HR and some electric plays defensively in Game 1, he just faded away in this series.

As for the pitching side of things, I always thought Rocco Baldelli and Twins pitching coach Wes Johnson, though on top of things all season, overthought their decision to start Randy Dobnak in Game 2, and in all their bullpen-by-committee decisions in the series.

Randy Dobnak did better than fine, but it was just too much for him by the end, and for others in the bullpen like Cody Stashak (wtf), Tyler Duffey (disappointing), Zack Littell, and others.

I almost think the Twins went with Stashak in Game 1 only because Stashak wasn't scheduled to be a part of the bullpen-by-committee game in Game 2, which goes toward my feeling that they basically overthought everything here and put their own bullpen in bad positions.

Rather than play reliever roulette, I would've just crossed my fingers, and started Martin Perez or Kyle Gibson in Game 2 or 3, with Odorizzi and Berrios in the other two of course.

Hopefully, by putting your faith in Perez or Gibson's ability to step up when it matters, they might. And then go to Dobnak and the bullpen in that scenario if it goes haywire.

Nelson Cruz's looking strikeout at the end of Game 3 on a pitch right down the middle was the perfect cap to a series that didn't make much sense at all.

Minnesota will have about $70 million in total annual salary to fill four spots in its pitching rotation into next year. Gerrit Cole would take up something around $32 million annually. The money and the years will be a problem for the Twins, and they'd never do it anyway even if it made all the sense in the world.

They will end up filling the rotation with several more manageable starting pitching contracts--which means nothing will change in terms of Minnesota's postseason success heading into 2020.

I mean y'all won like 103 games with half your squad, and you don't want to be called out on that right field fence? I can't get after anything! Thought the Twins were going to continue to use and abuse it and they didn't :smh:

I kinda did that in my stupid long essay, but good series, you guys are the much better team.

Really not a gimme at all for Houston, the Rays pitching is insane, it’s just that that crowd gets behind the TB batters at home when things are rolling, so we’ll see.

Any #NT LA folks down to link up? I won a bet, literally and figuratively, and have to fly out to LA for Game 5 Wednesday. Meeting a long lost friend, but will be in town tomorrow 10/9 - Monday 10/14. I’ve got some free time while she works during the weekdays.

I’ll be in Little Tokyo, the Arts District, Santa Monica and Hermosa Beach. I’ll be at the game, wearing Cardinals gear and a NIKETALK shirt. Coffee/Tea/Drinks on me if you see me around town.

Message me here or on IG @js341220

For her sake, hope the Dodgers gets busy.

A17589DC-43A8-4981-98F7-4D62479E09F2.jpeg

Fo
Really not a gimme at all for Houston, the Rays pitching is insane, it’s just that that crowd gets behind the TB batters at home when things are rolling, so we’ll see.

Call me crazy, but I think Tampa has a legit chance at winning Thursday. A combination of Glasnow and Snell mixed in with that bullpen is tough. Tampa looked in control games 3 and 4, and were a potential bases loaded hit away from either tying or taking the lead in the 9th of game 2. Even in game 1, they shut the Astros bats down the first 4 innings or so.

Fo

Call me crazy, but I think Tampa has a legit chance at winning Thursday. A combination of Glasnow and Snell mixed in with that bullpen is tough. Tampa looked in control games 3 and 4, and were a potential bases loaded hit away from either tying or taking the lead in the 9th of game 2. Even in game 1, they shut the Astros bats down the first 4 innings or so.

I put a bet on Tampa to win when they were down 0-2. Verlander (went to college at ODU with him for a bit, nice guy) is my man, but his confidence looked shaken.

Rays, Cards, Yanks and Nats/Dodgers are both suspect in the clutch. Should be fun!

Fo

Morton will be available too I believe. Rays have a legit shot. That said, I still rather face TB over HOU.

Three Game 5's while the Yanks chill :pimp:

the home field does help a lot too if the yanks play the rays... im curious to how tomorrow night will play out

Any #NT LA folks down to link up? I won a bet, literally and figuratively, and have to fly out to LA for Game 5 Wednesday. Meeting a long lost friend, but will be in town tomorrow 10/9 - Monday 10/14. I’ve got some free time while she works during the weekdays.

I’ll be in Little Tokyo, the Arts District, Santa Monica and Hermosa Beach. I’ll be at the game, wearing Cardinals gear and a NIKETALK shirt. Coffee/Tea/Drinks on me if you see me around town.

Message me here or on IG @js341220

For her sake, hope the Dodgers gets busy.

A17589DC-43A8-4981-98F7-4D62479E09F2.jpeg

i'll be at game 5 today, i'll be wearing my away nationals gear so i should be somewhat easy to be found :lol:

as a fan of baseball in general

we the fans look forward to days like this 2 GAME 5s.. whaaaat LETS GOOO

good luck to yall teams even the nats.. (hope they lose tho)

Back
Top Bottom