2024 Track and Field Thread — Olympic Year!!!

Shaunae Miller is 23

Apparently Wayde Van Niekerk said he's done trying to do 400/200 double, I'm guessing he figured if he couldn't win the 200 this year without Bolt, De Grasse, Lyles and Gatlin not running 200m there''s no way he can do it later on with De Grasse and Lyles being in there

Lil surprising he's saying that already.. but really only de grasse should beat him right now

On the American side they're all Oregon Ducks but they haven't performed well at this years worlds. There's Deajah Stevens whos 22 and just turned pro from Oregon, Ariana Washington is 20 and who's 21. Those 3 made up 3 of the 4 legs of an Oregon relay team that ran 42.12 which would've been good enough to tie with team GB here at worlds for silver. Jenna Prandini also recent Oregon grad is 24 and was at the olympics last year. Also English Gardner another recent Oregon Duck is 25. Non Americans theres Shaunae Miller Uibo like IATT IATT said and Elaine Thompson is 25. The most exciting talent though might be 19 year old Salwa Eid Naser who got silver in the 400m this year and all 3 heats she ran was a PR. The gold medalist in the 400m actually is another former Oregon Duck in Phyllis Francis who's 25

Any females under 25 years old tearing it up in track I need to know about ?

Its ridiculous that USA Men just can't seem to win the 4x400 relays whenever Merritt isn't available. With the depth that they have its ridiculous to lose to Bahamas and Trinidad and Tobago. Looked at the splits again and Mike Cherry split 45.1 I mean if he splits 44.5, which is really average for a US 4x4 runner they most likely win that race. That was where they REALLY got killed.

watch

Noah Lyles was looking in great form earlier this season before injury. 2019 in Doha Van Niekerk would have to contend with him, De Grasse, Richards in 200m

Shaunae Miller is 23

Lil surprising he's saying that already.. but really only de grasse should beat him right now

You should be able to watch more of her races for next season of NCAA, she killed it indoor this past season but then had injury issues during outdoor season just like the previous season. Deajah Stevens turned pro but as long as Ariana Washington doesn't turn pro as well Oregon women sprint team should still be top with her and Cunliffe as the big guns, in recent years they've always been able to keep reloading too, even had top sprinters like Jasmine Todd and Marybeth Sant not working out there due to depth

I will try to follow Cunliffe more , I've only seen her run once

Fastest time ever run in April by three-tenths of a second. Michael Johnson ran 43.75 in Waco on April 19, 1997. No one else has done sub-44 in April.

splits for Normans race.

100m - 10.8s
200m - 21.1s
300m - 32.0s
400m - 43.45s

i didnt think we'd see someone break michael johnson's record.. now 1 of these dudes might break 43

Yeah the 400m Men's can be super lit if it ends up being Norman, Kerley, WVN, Kirani. Also the Men's 400m Hurdles with Benjamin, Samba, McMaster, Warholm

i didnt think we'd see someone break michael johnson's record.. now 1 of these dudes might break 43

Heard it was 4.2 wind aided so thats why he was looking like the flash in HS. He's been running fast tho from what I've heard he's seen as a future decathlon prospect but if he keeps running fast times he might pull a Schippers and focus on sprints

Fist time I've seen a 2x2x400. at first I though it would be gimmicky but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, I like the strategy element to it

Back
Top Bottom