2024 Track and Field Thread — Olympic Year!!!

9.76 for Coleman to win 100m crown, Gatlin in 2nd 9.89 at 37 yrs old and De Grasse 3rd

Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce with another 100 meter title 10.71... she is the GOAT! ... Asher Smith silver 10.83... Talou 10.90

Big up to Allison Felix winning bet 17 world championship title winning gold in the mix 4x 400

You have her as the goat female sprinter?

Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce with another 100 meter title 10.71... she is the GOAT! ... Asher Smith silver 10.83... Talou 10.90

Big up to Allison Felix winning bet 17 world championship title winning gold in the mix 4x 400

Xie gotta be mad about the semi final he got stuck in. 3rd fastest qualifier but gets one of the two worst lanes in the finals. Hopefully De Grasse can pull a pb performance in the final to give Lyles a run for his money

47.44 for Warholm win, Benjamin clipped the last hurdle. Then again, it was over after hurdle 9, Samba came in 3rd. anticlimactic final after all this hype. Greatest 400m hurdler season ever for Warholm, Prior to this year only Samba had run sub-47.5 four times in one season. This year Warholm has done that 6 times and won the world title. The most sub-47.5 Moses ever managed in one season was 3. Hope the Track Gods blesses us again and gives us a healthy 4 of Warholm, Benjamin, Samba and McMaster for Tokyo 2020.

Lyles won as expected but 19.83 is a much slower time than expected, De Grasse could've beaten him had his first 100 been better

Lyles won as expected but 19.83 is a much slower time than expected, De Grasse could've beaten him had his first 100 been better
correct

asha smith has a good chance to win the 200 tomorrow

usa men won the 100, 200, 800, so far..... 400 is possible ..... good to see Kirani back

What happen to the American women in the 100?

Good to see shelly-Anne do the lawd’s work

US womens aren't going to get on the podium for any of the sprint events the way its looking besides 4x400 relay. 4x100 relay the German girls i think are going to take that with GB and Jamaica on the podium as well depending on if Elaine Thompson is running in the relay or not since she's out the 200

What happen to the American women in the 100?

Good to see shelly-Anne do the lawd’s work

So what happened with the US girls?

And the women still gotta be heavy favorite in the 4 x 4, right?

injuries to Bowie, Gardner. If Pinto isn't ready to go for Germany for the relay they will no longer be my favorites, should be between GBR and Jamaica otherwise even without Elaine. I have the US Women as favorite in the 4x4 but idk about heavy, Jamaica has a lineup that can compete but the US should be favorite off depth. I think they should put Sydney in the 4x4 final as one of the legs

So what happened with the US girls?

And the women still gotta be heavy favorite in the 4 x 4, right?

I figured us would use Sydney and the other hurdles girl who broke the WR

wow Norman is outa the 400m, lets see if Kerley can complete the American sweep on the sprints for mens side or if Steven Gardiner, Kirani James can pull off the upset

Dina Asher Smith gold as expected 21.88, I was pulling for her to double gold this yr but a silver and gold isn't bad. She gets an opportunity to anchor the relay team for another gold

Wow Naser 48.14! Third All-Time to some mid-80's East Germans. SMU ran a PB 48.37 and lost. Best race in Doha so far, PBs from the top 5.

Back
Top Bottom