2023 Track and Field Thread — Diamond League Finals

Big 4 races that just happened at DL Shanghai for those that didn't watch them live.

Elaine Thompson not looking in good form.

Sydney may turn out to be great over flat 400m but she's not at Naser's level at this point.

Both Samba and Benjamin ran the 2nd fastest times of their careers today, can't wait to see a race with Warholm and McMaster along with them as well

Had no clue there was a Track & Field thread but I'm glad somebody is actually showing love to the track and field world. This years World Championships are really gonna set the tone for the Olympics next year. We're already seeing some solid times being dropped and it's still super early in the outdoor season. This Summer is going to be on fire.

On another note I resume training next month in preparation for the 2020 Olympic Trials. I competed at the 2016 Olympic Trials but didn't do well at all. If any of you guys are huge fans of the sport I'd definitely encourage you go to the trials next year. The experience is second to none.

Had no clue there was a Track & Field thread but I'm glad somebody is actually showing love to the track and field world. This years World Championships are really gonna set the tone for the Olympics next year. We're already seeing some solid times being dropped and it's still super early in the outdoor season. This Summer is going to be on fire.

On another note I resume training next month in preparation for the 2020 Olympic Trials. I competed at the 2016 Olympic Trials but didn't do well at all. If any of you guys are huge fans of the sport I'd definitely encourage you go to the trials next year. The experience is second to none.
What race or event are you training for?

Good luck ... and hope you do well

Give us more info.

We will support for sure.

all of this. Appreciate you op. As a former collegiate track athlete I personally wish you the best. If coo would love to track your progress and updates !

Not a bad time for Norman in these weather conditions in Stockholm, stadium is half empty there because of weather

47.85 is great for Warholm in these condtions

I wouldn't be surprised if a Dina Asher-Smith is capable of 21.60 in the 200m come Doha.

Last edited:
Do we really think any of the top level athletes have been clean over the last three decades?

It does seem like after the Bolt and Shelly Ann era Jamaican Sprinting just went back down when for awhile it looked like they could just pass the torch down to Yohan Blake and Elaine Thompson but both have fell off.

I really think Dina Asher Smith can potentially get that 100/200 double in Doha this yr after having a great 2018 winning 100/200 double at European championships. I think shes capable of pulling off 10.7X/21.6X at Doha and be the biggest star/face of Women's sprinting. BBC already been giving her crazy coverage after winning 3 golds at European Championships last year, bigger in the UK than Allyson Felix was in the US already

Yohan Blake was battling injuries and still is

I think shelly could still be better than Elaine Thompson ....

I can see Asher smith winning the 200 not the 100

Who do you see winning the 100? Ta Lou was the only other female sprinter that ran 10.85 last year, I think her biggest competitors in the 100m are Ta Lou and Ahoure

Yohan Blake was battling injuries and still is

I think shelly could still be better than Elaine Thompson ....

I can see Asher smith winning the 200 not the 100

Who do you see winning the 100? Ta Lou was the only other female sprinter that ran 10.85 last year, I think her biggest competitors in the 100m are Ta Lou and Ahoure
She could win the 100 but it’s hard to win the double ..... but I think the 200 would be easier for Asher smith to win.....
The year after no world games / olympics are always tuff cause there is always someone who come out of no where ...

But if talou could lean at the end or Hobbs can make that next step it should be interesting

DL Rome Golden Gala in a couple of days is going to have a good Womens 100m race, Asher-Smith, Gardner, Hobbs, Ta Lou, Thompson. Also looking forward to Lyles for Norman in the 200m

She could win the 100 but it’s hard to win the double ..... but I think the 200 would be easier for Asher smith to win.....
The year after no world games / olympics are always tuff cause there is always someone who come out of no where ...

But if talou could lean at the end or Hobbs can make that next step it should be interesting

Do we really think any of the top level athletes have been clean over the last three decades?
Million dollar question right here. WADA & USADA are so far behind when it comes to drug testing only time will tell. There are a lot of articles and even a documentary on EPO abuse in Track & Field. Some folks will try to win by any means necessary. We see it in all sports honestly. Track & Field can't take many more hits though. If some big names get popped for doping the sport as a whole is in trouble.

What race or event are you training for?

Good luck ... and hope you do well

Give us more info.

We will support for sure.

all of this. Appreciate you op. As a former collegiate track athlete I personally wish you the best. If coo would love to track your progress and updates !

I'm a High Jumper. Indoor PR is 7'4.50 (2.25m) and Outdoor PR is 2.26m (7'5). I won't be competing until Indoor season starts (around December) but I'll slide in here from time to time to post updates and progress. Appreciate the support!

Last edited:
Million dollar question right here. WADA & USADA are so far behind when it comes to drug testing only time will tell. There are a lot of articles and even a documentary on EPO abuse in Track & Field. Some folks will try to win by any means necessary. We see it in all sports honestly. Track & Field can't take many more hits though. If some big names get popped for doping the sport is as a whole is in trouble.

I'm a High Jumper. Indoor PR is 7'4.50 (2.25m) and Outdoor PR is 2.26m (7'5). I won't be competing until Indoor season starts (around December) but I'll slide in here from time to time to post updates and progress. Appreciate the support!
Any sport that is decided by fractions of inches and split seconds the payoff is too big to not use “assistance “.

Lyles in the press conference when asked about the 100 and 200 in Doha since he ran so well in Shanghai:
"Until I see something in the 100 that is very definitive of I could walk away with a medal and get a gold in the 200, its still just going to be the 200 for Doha right now."

2020 Olympic Trials Tickets go on sale next month and they are not cheap

Tier 1: West end/homestretch of the stadium ($795)
Tier 2: East end/backstretch and South end of the stadium ($680)
Tier 3: North end of the stadium ($440)

Lyles in the press conference when asked about the 100 and 200 in Doha since he ran so well in Shanghai:
"Until I see something in the 100 that is very definitive of I could walk away with a medal and get a gold in the 200, its still just going to be the 200 for Doha right now."

2020 Olympic Trials Tickets go on sale next month and they are not cheap

Tier 1: West end/homestretch of the stadium ($795)
Tier 2: East end/backstretch and South end of the stadium ($680)
Tier 3: North end of the stadium ($440)

why so expensive

lyles should run the 100....... coleman want all that smoke, lol

DL Rome Gala 19.70 Norman beats Lyles 19.70 to 19.72. Norman looks so primed to push Van Niekerk in Doha in the 400m. I thought Asher-Smith was gone but Elaine Thompson seems to figured things out. Brazier got Amos at the lean. 1:43.63 for Brazier, 1:43.65 for Amos.

Back
Top Bottom