2023 Track and Field Thread — Diamond League Finals

That was such a crazy development, cant believe Allyson Felix and Miller both didnt get it and Phyllis Francis got it. Looks like 1 Oregon Duck got a gold here. Kerron Clement smh that 10th hurdle again took him out of a chance of getting Warholm. Its crazy how Clement has an olympic gold from last year and 2 World Championship golds but still seen as an underachiever in the 400m hurdles due to how good he could've been, expected to have an Edwin Moses streak and be the guy that breaks Kevin Young's record

jesus.. i wanna know what happen to my girl miller in the 4 just now.. looked like her hammy caught her at the end

Michael Johnson thinks it was a quad strain. This probably takes Shaunae out of the 200m final too. This event was looking like the race of the meet six months ago with Elaine Thompson, Allyson Felix, Schippers, Shaunae Miller, Bowie, etc. Now its looking like Schippers with only Ta Lou left to challenge and a questionable Shaunae Miller

hoping for a trinidad and tobago medal in the 200

van neik looks tired

the dude who was forced out of the 400 look like he is the favorite

Richards might be able to do it for Trinidad and Tobago hes looked good through the rounds so far, Makwala ran twice today so we'll see what he has left in the tank in the finals same for Van Neikerk. Still in disbelief the 400m hurdles was such a slow race even with the weather in London, the winning time wasn't even sub 48, I didnt think I'd see a final where the entire field couldn't get under 48.

hoping for a trinidad and tobago medal in the 200

van neik looks tired

the dude who was forced out of the 400 look like he is the favorite

So it looks like Shaunae Miller Uibo is good to go for the 200m semifinals but we'll see what kind of form shes in

Van Niekerk comes close to the double but missed 200m by just a bit to get a silver. Michael Johnson still only man to double in 200/400. These times have been horrible, that 200m winning time was the slowest in 20 years and all the events have been slow, it has to be this weather

Van Niekerk comes close to the double but missed 200m by just a bit to get a silver. Michael Johnson still only man to double in 200/400. These times have been horrible, that 200m winning time was the slowest in 20 years and all the events have been slow, it has to be this weather

expected van niekerk to be faster after the 4.. cause dude didnt even really look like he pushed it in the final and was sub 44

Yeah after he jogged a 20.16 in the 1st heat easier than anyone I've seen besides Bolt and maybe MJ I thought he was ready to run a crazy time in the finals like in the 19.4-19.6 range but in the semis yesterday it was clear those 3 rounds of the 400 took a toll on his legs even though the final was easy for him. This just shows why only MJ was able to complete this double in history, we'll see if Wayde can do it in 2019 or 2020 Tokyo.

Damn, WVN broke down crying on BBC. Turned away from the cameras to compose himself.

- He said people felt he didn't deserve the 400m win.
- Was a tough week for him.
- He heard about the IAAF conspiracy stories.

expected van niekerk to be faster after the 4.. cause dude didnt even really look like he pushed it in the final and was sub 44

De Grasse and Noah Lyles gotta be frustrated they got injured this year, this 200m winning time was the slowest in 20 years both of them would've had a good chance to win if they were in this race today. Oh and Bolt probably should've did this 200m instead of the 100m he opted to run

all american females in the 100 hurdles advance comfortably to the semis .... best chance for usa to sweep the medals

De Grasse and Noah Lyles gotta be frustrated they got injured this year, this 200m winning time was the slowest in 20 years both of them would've had a good chance to win if they were in this race today. Oh and Bolt probably should've did this 200m instead of the 100m he opted to run

De grasse would have easily doubled.. with the winning times in the 1 and 2, actually surprised guys were actually under 44 in the 4

Yeah after he jogged a 20.16 in the 1st heat easier than anyone I've seen besides Bolt and maybe MJ I thought he was ready to run a crazy time in the finals like in the 19.4-19.6 range but in the semis yesterday it was clear those 3 rounds of the 400 took a toll on his legs even though the final was easy for him. This just shows why only MJ was able to complete this double in history, we'll see if Wayde can do it in 2019 or 2020 Tokyo.

Damn, WVN broke down crying on BBC. Turned away from the cameras to compose himself.

- He said people felt he didn't deserve the 400m win.
- Was a tough week for him.
- He heard about the IAAF conspiracy stories.

What conspiracy stories?

And didn't deserve to win there?

Someone gotta remind dude that he did the unthinkable breaking MJ's record and legit looks like he can break 43 with how easy he made sub 44 look.. hell me and my boy thought the Olympics would be all kirami James and were shocked as hell when dude not only won but ran that time

Only Sally Pearson can stop a USA medal sweep in this event imo. Kendra Harrison ran her WR 12.20 earlier this year on this track so she should be confident to a Gold here

all american females in the 100 hurdles advance comfortably to the semis .... best chance for usa to sweep the medals

Conspiracy stories of IAAF intentionally keeping Makwala out of the 400m finals to take away Van Niekerk's biggest threat in the race to ensure his win. Yeah he looks like the dominant 400m runner for years to come but he really wanted to be the 2nd man to double the 200/400 and I think this year was the easiest with Bolt not running the 200m and De Grasse and Noah Lyles injured. Feels like a golden opportunity missed

De grasse would have easily doubled.. with the winning times in the 1 and 2, actually surprised guys were actually under 44 in the 4

What conspiracy stories?

And didn't deserve to win there?

Someone gotta remind dude that he did the unthinkable breaking MJ's record and legit looks like he can break 43 with how easy he made sub 44 look.. hell me and my boy thought the Olympics would be all kirami James and were shocked as hell when dude not only won but ran that time

Wow Kendra Harrison hit the 1st hurdle and barely squeeked into the finals as fastest loser. Pearson looked good 12.53 in semis but don't know if she's in form to go 12.4 in the final

Conspiracy stories of IAAF intentionally keeping Makwala out of the 400m finals to take away Van Niekerk's biggest threat in the race to ensure his win. Yeah he looks like the dominant 400m runner for years to come but he really wanted to be the 2nd man to double the 200/400 and I think this year was the easiest with Bolt not running the 200m and De Grasse and Noah Lyles injured. Feels like a golden opportunity missed

yea.. i just assumed that's why he didnt push it in the 4.. just do enough to win and then conserve the energy..

do they even have relay teams for him to concern himself with?

Nope South Africa doesn't field a serious relay team in either 4X400 or 4X100. Americans should still win the 4X400 relay team without merritt just with the depth, should be able to rest Kerley until the finals. Omar Mccleod who won the only individual gold for Jamaica in the 110m hurdles wants to run in the 4X100 relay for them

yea.. i just assumed that's why he didnt push it in the 4.. just do enough to win and then conserve the energy..

do they even have relay teams for him to concern himself with?

Schippers wins 200m by the lean over Ta Lou. Miller Uibo the bronze. Ta Lou lost both the 100m and 200m races by just a lean.

whoever is talou coach needs to be fired..... real talk..... she could of had a double

relays start tomorrow.... usa should win 3 out of 4 at the worst

this world games has been very open.... surprising since the olympics was last year i figure most of those winners would be locks to win..... but i like how it is .... anybody could win....

3 out of 4? I mean the 4x400 relays should be in the bag but the 4x100s aren't that much of a lock. I mean the women should be favored but Jamaica and Germany will be tough. And the mens well you know the history with those baton hand offs

whoever is talou coach needs to be fired..... real talk..... she could of had a double

relays start tomorrow.... usa should win 3 out of 4 at the worst

this world games has been very open.... surprising since the olympics was last year i figure most of those winners would be locks to win..... but i like how it is .... anybody could win....

Back
Top Bottom