2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

ehh it was underwhelming coming from what he showed in mempis. Trey Burke off the street was better. Brunson and curry were better.
Burke was better in the small sample he was actually there, Wright was contributing to wins all season and making the most of his limited time. He popped to me more times than not whenever he got a chance

To your point, pun intended, there's way too many guards there because I absolutely love Brunson and Curry. Just because Brunson and Curry were better doesn't mean Delon was washed by any means

Burke was better in the small sample he was actually there, Wright was contributing to wins all season and making the most of his limited time. He popped to me more times than not whenever he got a chance

To your point, pun intended, there's way too many guards there because I absolutely love Brunson and Curry. Just because Brunson and Curry were better doesn't mean Delon was washed by any means

washed wasn’t the best term but yeah it was a bad fit.

But still he signed the ST deal based off what he did in mempis only to be on the block after a year.

washed wasn’t the best term but yeah it was a bad fit.

But still he signed the ST deal based off what he did in mempis only to be on the block after a year.
The thing is he shot better in like 10 less minutes and half the amount of 2's and 3's than in Memphis. So he really wasn't that underwhelming compared to his time in Memphis. Plus his defense was still decent to solid

His contract is is perfectly fine and imo very good

Warriors could absorb someone like Wright with their TPE. Gets the Mavs out of his contract and the Warriors have an insurance policy in the backcourt.

Depending on what happens in free agency, I would swap him for Kuzma. He's in the exact same boat, but he's at least a forward.

DeRozan was playing PF in the bubble. :lol:
He doubled his average to 20 a night in the bubble :lol: solid defender as usual, that’d be an upgrade for the Lakers. I can’t see Buford doing that one

Warriors could absorb someone like Wright with their TPE. Gets the Mavs out of his contract and the Warriors have an insurance policy in the backcourt.
I think Delon Wright is probably relatively easy to move. Deal is manageable if they decide it’s the way to go.

Once it was clear that there was no nerve or ligament damage and no infection, there was really no concern over him being able to return to form. You can't compare it to Alex Smith because there was no infection so it's not the same recovery or severity. There's plenty of reports at the time of the injury stating that it wasn't as bad as it looked. All you gotta do is look it up

How could there be ligament damage? Ligaments are passive joint restraints. The break didn't occur at a joint....

Just because there was no infection, permanent nerve damage and outlook was good doesn't mean the injury wasn't serious. That's crazy. He snapped both his bones in two and had to have emergency surgery. A medical emergency is the very definition of "serious." He missed 8 months. An acute injury that requires emergency surgery and an 8 month recovery period is serious. Especially as it pertains to a pro athlete.

If we were talking about a sprained wrist or broken nose I'd agree it's not serious.

Last edited:
200.gif
pedro hair tossed don like he had hair

How could there be ligament damage? Ligaments are passive joint restraints. The break didn't occur at a joint....

Just because there was no infection, permanent nerve damage and outlook was good doesn't mean the injury wasn't serious. That's crazy. He snapped both his bones in two and had to have emergency surgery. A medical emergency is the very definition of "serious." He missed 8 months. An acute injury that requires emergency surgery and an 8 month recovery period is serious. Especially as it pertains to a pro athlete.

If we were talking about a sprained wrist or broken nose I'd agree it's not serious.
Not that serious meaning there was never any real doubt that he'd make a full recovery and compete at the same level. I mean this is from the same article you just quoted to laugh at me for saying it wasn't as bad as it looked

'The gruesomeness of the images leads one to believe that these must be career-ending injuries. Fortunately, that is not usually the case. Without other complications, these fractures can heal solidly in four to six months. Of course, it takes much longer to complete the rehabilitation, with recovery of his range of motion, and strength. While Paul George will certainly miss the 2014-2015 basketball season, hopefully we will be able to return to a very high level of play.'

Last edited:
Not that serious meaning there was never any real doubt that he'd make a full recovery and compete at the same level

A full recovery because he rehabbed and put in work for 8 months. That's the point. If a player snaps his leg, tears his knee, ruptures his achilles and rehabs back to the point of being able to compete at a professional level, they deserve credit. Unless you have some sort of personal bias to where just can't tip your hat.

He didn't just lay in bed for 8 months and get up one day at 100%. It takes actual hard physical and mental work. I've rehabbed with athletes with these types of injuries and it's a long, tedious process with no guarantees.

'The gruesomeness of the images leads one to believe that these must be career-ending injuries. Fortunately, that is not usually the case. Without other complications, these fractures can heal solidly in four to six months. Of course, it takes much longer to complete the rehabilitation, with recovery of his range of motion, and strength. While Paul George will certainly miss the 2014-2015 basketball season, hopefully we will be able to return to a very high level of play.'

You're proving my point.

4-6 months just to heal THEN rehab = Not serious in the context of pro sports :stoneface:

What do you have against the guy?

Last edited:
A full recovery because he rehabbed and put in work for 8 months. That's the point. If a player snaps his leg, tears his knee, ruptures his achilles and rehabs back to the point of being able to compete at a professional level, they deserve credit. Unless you have some sort of personal bias to where just can't tip your hat.

He didn't just lay in bed for 8 months and get up one day at 100%. It takes actual hard physical and mental work. I've rehabbed with athletes with these types of injuries and it's a long, tedious process with no guarantees.
You're hell bent on arguing. Obviously the recovery was contingent on proper rehab, that's common sense and goes without saying. I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm giving you information I've read across a number of articles. Has nothing to do with bias.

You're hell bent on arguing. Obviously the recovery was contingent on proper rehab, that's common sense and goes without saying. I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm giving you information I've read across a number of articles. Has nothing to do with bias.

You just told me he was gucci because he didn't tear ligaments that don't exist and that bones heal stronger :lol:

Not really interested in these sources.

You also said "it's not that serious as far as injuries go" like it was a dislocated pinky or sprained ankle.

You just told me he was gucci because he didn't tear ligaments that don't exist and that bones heal stronger :lol:

Not really interested in these sources.

You also said "it's not that serious as far as injuries go" like it was a dislocated pinky or sprained ankle.
I quoted the same source you did. When I say there was never any real doubt that he'd be able to make a full recovery and compete at a high level, that's not my opinion

I quoted the same source you did. When I say there was never any real doubt that he'd be able to make a full recovery and compete at a high level, that's not my opinion

Just because his prognosis was good and he'd likely be back to full strength doesn't mean it wasn't a serious injury.

You can have a serious ailment AND make a full recovery.

Ask literally any doctor, physio, neuro whether or not a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula is a serious injury and you'll get the same answer. Up to a week in the hospital, potential of infection during and after surgery, 6-12 month recovery = serious.

That's the entire point. I give him props for making it back to pre injury form and then some. It takes character. I don't get the motivation to try and rain on another man's parade. That's weird.

Just because his prognosis was good and he'd likely be back to full strength doesn't mean it wasn't a serious injury.

You can have a serious ailment AND make a full recovery.

Ask literally any doctor, physio, neuro whether or not a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula is a serious injury and you'll get the same answer. Up to a week in the hospital, 6-12 month recovery = serious.

That's the entire point. I give him props for making it back to pre injury form and then some. It takes character. I don't get the motivation to try and rain on another man's parade. That's weird.
You keep getting hung up on semantics. I already explained what I meant when I said it wasn't that serious. It was a bad injury but again there was never any real doubt that he'd make a full recovery. So in that sense it wasn't that serious. Bron's groin injury wasn't that serious. There I said it about a Laker so you won't think I'm biased

Back
Top Bottom