🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Salute to Jason Kelce and Fletcher Cox

So basically Carson is a broken man and his mechanics are catching up to him after being mitigated a bit with Flip

Carson has always been a better passer when he's on the move, which is why it's so confusing as to why Doug insists he stands still in the pocket because clearly that's not his area of strength

He’s a 100 million dollar QB.. these mistakes shouldn’t happen

At wat point do we say he’s just not as good as we thought

He’s a 100 million dollar QB.. these mistakes shouldn’t happen

At wat point do we say he’s just not as good as we thought
We gotta hold Doug to that same light as well

The vibe is that the team is trying to get Carson to be a pocket passer to prevent injury. Problem is that Carson never had good mechanics to be that type of player anyway (the videos on that last page from 2017 show that). You gotta be willing to call plays to have him moving and have him improvising. If he gets hurt, he gets Hurts (pun intended) but we can’t keep trying to make him something he isn’t.

It’s the Donovan thing all over again ironically

You look around the league at all the best offenses and almost all of them are fueled by a dynamic QB who gets out of the pocket and makes plays. We have one of those guys but decide not to use him that way. Makes no sense. That doesn't change the fact that Wentz has been bad thus far this season, but still. Gameplan/coaching needs to be way better as well.

We gotta hold Doug to that same light as well

The vibe is that the team is trying to get Carson to be a pocket passer to prevent injury. Problem is that Carson never had good mechanics to be that type of player anyway (the videos on that last page from 2017 show that). You gotta be willing to call plays to have him moving and have him improvising. If he gets hurt, he gets Hurts (pun intended) but we can’t keep trying to make him something he isn’t.

It’s the Donovan thing all over again ironically

I agree. I want Wentz healthy as much as possible but why draft a backup QB in round 2 if you're gonna baby Carson into playing a safe style of football that he's not very good at. If you're gonna put a bubble around him then might as well have drafted an LB or CB round 2

vglnxs.png

The real question is if we end up with 5-6 wins and somebody like Justin Fields falls ...

QBs rise.. If those 3 QBs go 1-3 that’s huge for us, hopefully

then you have the tackle from Oregon, micah parsons, jamarr chase and couple CBs

all the good teams cater to their QBs strengths and try to hide their weaknesses as much as possible. All the good teams have QBs that look comfortable in what they're doing. You look at how comfortable Cam looks in New England, Goff, Lamar, Kyler, Mahomes, even Allen in Buffalo. There's a diff between having arm talent, and then there is quarterbacking and playing the actual position. Carson isn't playing the position well, which is both on him and coaching. Also, the outside weapons from this year and last year is essentially a wash, considering Desean is a shell of his former self at the moment, Reag is a rookie and is still getting integrated into the offense, there's definitely less cohesion at this point than during the last quarter of last season. Still doesn't dismiss the miscues by carson and the coaching staff though.

That’s why as much as i hate the JJ pick as anyone else he’s not being put in a position to succeed

When is the last time one of our WRs was running wide open in the middle of the field ??? Outside of streaks

When is the last time we created some confusion out of bunch sets that McVay did a million times last week

Nah JJAW was a bad pick.. they were trying find an alshon replacement, when alshon had weight issues in college and obviously we saw him succeed in the league and legit play PF out there

but if dude doesn’t work he just takes away from the TEs.. and we’ve seen him not use his size well or have the level of hands he was supposed to have

I hate contested catches stats without context for the WR as a whole.. we saw dude struggle to get separation at a lower level.. and everyone was shocked he was under 4.6 let alone run 4.49

That’s why as much as i hate the JJ pick as anyone else he’s not being put in a position to succeed

When is the last time one of our WRs was running wide open in the middle of the field ??? Outside of streaks

When is the last time we created some confusion out of bunch sets that McVay did a million times last week

You'd think a team that got burned on double moves countless times last season would use their speed players like DJax, Reagor, Miles, Hightower to double move on a weak CB and burn someone. 90% of the passing plays are Ertz or Goedert lining up in the slot and running towards the middle of the field or a post route for the outside receivers.

the pick was terrible no denying that. I’m just having a hard time imaging DK or anyone else from that class succeeding in this offense.

Doug been running the same offense since 16’ and it’s stale as hell

the pick was terrible no denying that. I’m just having a hard time imaging DK or anyone else from that class succeeding in this offense.

Doug been running the same offense since 16’ and it’s stale as hell

Yeah if we had DK they'd turn him into Alshon 2.0 and he'd be a possession receiver that runs to the sticks and plants his feet to get 1st downs

Yeah if we had DK they'd turn him into Alshon 2.0 and he'd be a possession receiver that runs to the sticks and plants his feet to get 1st downs

i mean DK wasnt running a huge route tree as a rookie.. but he's expanding this year, also you can see him increasing his skill level where's he's using his head to create separation type of stuff

it's stuff like this.. threatening like he's running deep even with the head dip like he's just trying just straight out run him

and the sudden stop, but gotta respect the speed

or look at him track the ball and use his body to shield off gilmore

Our WRs don’t even get the chance to showcase that ..like i like what I’ve seen out Reagor so far but what do we really know

I don't like to dwell on draft mistakes because there's so many that I'd develop high blood pressure just thinking about it. But if DK develops even more next season and becomes a strong speed WR like Julio, eagles fans are gonna be even more upset

Back
Top Bottom