🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Salute to Jason Kelce and Fletcher Cox

33 and 7, 21 and 7, 27 and 7 the 3 years before this year where he had no oline/wrs and the best we get is a 3rd and a conditional 2nd? Just give him another chance at that point :smh: :smh:

Why tf did we draft Hurts in the 2nd just last year if we need to go ahead and pick another QB this year. ..just another angle to another idiotic move by Howie

i don’t trust Howie to pick the right player regardless

I'm not excited about the trade but it's essentially a win-win for us as fans. If Carson stinks in Indy and shows last year wasn't a fluke, we rejoice that he's not holding us back anymore. If he goes ham and is 2017 Wentz, he gets us a 1st instead of a 2nd.

Now the thing I'm worried about is the draft, I don't think Hurts is gonna be that good and I have no clue which hole needs filling most but I DO know I have no faith in Howie getting it right.

I can't wait to see the whole narrative around Wentz change nationally when he's good next season and the target is FINALLY on no one but Howie

Seems like Howie tried to get Indy and Chicago into a bidding war against each other and Chicago got tired of it and backed out. If Chicago offered you the better deal should've taken it immediately instead of trusting Howie to run the price up.

Seems like Howie tried to get Indy and Chicago into a bidding war against each other and Chicago got tired of it and backed out. If Chicago offered you the better deal should've taken it immediately instead of trusting Howie to run the price up.

nah.. I think wentz killed Chicago

we wanted to have indy and Chicago bid against each other.. but if wentz wasn’t willing to go to Chicago they backed out

Stafford in 2020: 4084 yards, 64% completion, 26 TD, 10 picks

Wentz in 2019: 4039 yards, 64% completion, 27 TD, 7 picks

I used Wentz's 2019 stats because that was his last full year and a year where he wasn't missing 75% of his O Line almost all season.

so you're saying Stafford was worth TWO first round picks, AND a third round pick, AND a starting caliber QB, but Carson "maybe" worth ONE third and a terrible QB? Stop it my dude. Go back to the Bears thread. Don't let Skip Bayless make you think one trash season makes someone's value almost 0

Howd that work out for yall?

So everyone (non-Eagles fans) clowned Wentz all year for being bad, we trade him for a 2nd and 3rd, and now we got fleeced because we didn’t get a 1st for said bad player?

Yeah and if we kept him to give him a 2nd chance with a healthy O Line it would be "lmao Eagles keeping that scrub at QB" but because we traded him it's "Damn Wentz gonna ball in Indy. Steal for the Colts"

You said Foles and a 3rd rounder and they got a conditional pick that more than likely is a 1st and 3rd so you didn't prove a point at all.

they got foles for a 4th rounder, a compensatory pick 4th rounder so at the backend of the 4th

does foles even have trade value after getting benched for mitch?

AND that’s what dude wanna run in here to compare to a 2nd that could become a 1st

So everyone (non-Eagles fans) clowned Wentz all year for being bad, we trade him for a 2nd and 3rd, and now we got fleeced because we didn’t get a 1st for said bad player?

going literally be the same people who were saying we would need to attach picks with wentz to move him

ain’t like it was one or 2 people saying eagles needed to look more at the goff/rams side of the trade rather than the lions/Stafford side

Why tf did we draft Hurts in the 2nd just last year if we need to go ahead and pick another QB this year. ..just another angle to another idiotic move by Howie

i don’t trust Howie to pick the right player regardless
That's the problem. Hurts was never drafted to be QB1. The point was to use him in a gadget role, insurance policy for Wentz and then maybe deal him for something. Obviously it backfired. I wanna give Hurts the keys but he may be what he may be. QB gotta be strongly considered at 6

That's the problem. Hurts was never drafted to be QB1. The point was to use him in a gadget role, insurance policy for Wentz and then maybe deal him for something. Obviously it backfired. I wanna give Hurts the keys but he may be what he may be. QB gotta be strongly considered at 6

I legit wish we would clear house but got zero clue what value huts even has

this would be a lot easier if howie wasn’t involved

I legit wish we would clear house but got zero clue what value huts even has

this would be a lot easier if howie wasn’t involved
Still a ton of teams that are gonna be left without a new QB (Bears, Washington, Denver, Pats, Steelers) that could use a new QB either next year or soon. No idea what his value is but I don't think it's a 2nd round pick. Maybe 3rd or 4th

i get that but you don’t use a 2nd on a gadget player when we have a million other needs. It all comes back to Howie.

We gotta ride with Hurts for this year. We can’t keep just lighting picks on fire and it makes no sense to bring another QB into this mess. Go BPA and go from there. No one knew who Burrow was before he went crazy that last year at LSU... we can’t predict what the QB class is going to look like a year from now

Howie better pray Carson doesn't win a SB in Indy. He'd be the most hated figure in Philly sports history.

54666146-43A8-43DD-85D9-B7A369D7E086.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom