🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Salute to Jason Kelce and Fletcher Cox

BLG said Wentz is the QB version of chip Kelly and I’m mad at how accurate that statement is

“Their one great year was seen as the normal rather than all the other stuff that happened”

BLG said Wentz is the QB version of chip Kelly and I’m mad at how accurate that statement is

“Their one great year was seen as the normal rather than all the other stuff that happened”
Yea nah. Also who’s the common denominator between Chip and Wentz

this, ain’t it

dude was arguably better in 2019

Chase Pitts Smith and Waddle in that order

I think we goin be able to score with Jalen next year.
The O line will be fine with Stoutland and if we can get the right side healthy

I’m still on the Fulgham train. Can’t convince me he can’t be an atleast serviceable #2

Yeah I agree. Fulgham fills the big WR role. Reagor fills the speed WR role if he tweaks his route running a bit. Goedert fills the TE1 role and Miles is the clear RB1. I'm confident in the offense with a healthy line and the possibility of taking a top tier WR in the first round.

This man Af1 determined to see Fields become an Eagle :lol:
Nah man, don’t get it twisted. Go back, I ride hard for Jalen. Just not going to act like he’s the best option at QB if a Fields or Wilson is available.

give me Wilson over Fields all day. Also, last time we talked about player choices, I was riding by myself on the JJets train. The dude who just set multiple receiving records as a rookie. I will DIE on that hill :lol:

Lol I doubt we pick Fields , do you think he’s better then Hurts ?
Like there’s a reason Fields is being discussed at #2. There’s a reason there were FOUR QBs drafted before Hurts. This dude achieved nearly everything at the college levels and he was most likely going to slip to the third as a flier for some random team. Fields is DEFINITELY better than Hurts man, come on :lol:

don’t get it twisted, I want hurts to be the guy and pan out. It makes life a lot easier. I’m just trying to be realistic on what he can actually be in this league. He’s good enough to be given a full season as starter. But I don’t think he’s good enough to pass on a Fields or Wilson if they are available. Big big Hurts fan as a person. Nothing but class and he’s hungry.

just saying to be prepared for the eagles to take a QB...,

It's also realistic that they take a QB in the rounds 2 or 3, like a Trask or Mac Jones. If you take a QB at 6 or whether you move up or down in the 1st and take a QB, you are pretty much handing the keys to that guy down the line. If they took a guy outside the first then you are creating a more level field of competition at QB IMO. Plus I think having the coach from Florida come in who has personal ties with Hurts should bode well for him. Also, the whole #QBFactory bull****

For me, either we take the higher upside QB at 6

or we just build the team out.. get a cheap vet backup for hurts

like last draft there are going be guys available in round 2 or 3 that could help the team

i get taking say a trey lance who is talented and letting him grow.. But Jones or trask don’t add any upside more than what we have in hurts

Last edited:

or we just build the team out

like last draft there are going be guys available in round 2 or 3 that could help the team

i get taking say a trey lance who is talented and letting him grow.. But Jones or trask don’t add any upside more than what we have in hurts
yep there’s only four guys I’d take, with pretty much only like 2 that could be realistically be available. I’m good on trask or Jones.

yep there’s only four guys I’d take, with pretty much only like 2 that could be realistically be available. I’m good on trask or Jones.

yup.. either we take the higher upside and protect em year 1

or we just build up the overall roster and hope ‘22 draft QBs improve if hurts ain’t it

the thing for me, we should have the extra 1st in ‘22 plus cap space.. we take the QB and we’re in position to do alot around that person

yup.. either we take the higher upside and protect em year 1

or we just build up the overall roster and hope ‘22 draft QBs improve if hurts ain’t it

the thing for me, we should have the extra 1st in ‘22 plus cap space.. we take the QB and we’re in position to do alot around that person
Exactly. Next year will be tough no matter what. We go Chase/Smith/pitts or Fields/Lance, I’m fine. Like you’ve been saying, hard to mess up a pick at 6. We’re at the point where not all of our needs are going to be addressed in this draft but if you can lock up cornerstone franchise guys at a position of need (mainly WR or QB) with 6 and then draft well at least through rounds 2-3, we can be in decent shape. Very excited about our new coaching staff. I wanna see if our bad drafting is actually bad drafting or are we doing a horrible job developing those players with our coaching. Our both

yea for me at 6 you got multiple options of guys who aren’t even 21

chase, pitts, lance

fields and Wilson are 21

waddle and smith are both 22

for me this is like 2016 where we wanna see the pieces and then we’ll have money again and draft capital

or we just build the team out.. get a cheap vet backup for hurts

Yea Jones and Trask type QBs don’t have the same upside I just don’t think Howie and co are looking at this logically, and that a scenario where they take a a QB in the early-mid rounds is likely. It also doesn’t make Howie look as bad if he doesn’t go qb at 6. My whole stance been to get good players and not think of it as a need based draft, look at Hurts as a sunk cost if you will, so whether that is a QB at 6 or a receiver you just need to make it count. Lot of good WRs should be available in round 2 as well

Last edited:

makes this even dumber when guys who could play snaps were available

as far as QB, best case if they draft a guy.. you get upside guy, hurts shows enough that we can get a 2nd in ‘22 draft and then 6th overall takes over in ‘22 season

the vid

Back
Top Bottom