NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

This gif below, represents yours truly,

47e0a318760c6a15cf14936872675eb0.gif

@SuperQ, BigSparky1316 BigSparky1316 , & rainking rainking after seeing the reveal of these in general.

**** Nike/JB, this release , and **** these gottdamn Jordan 4 Lows. . Screw the red shade. That f'd up ankle collar ruins this model SO bad, that branding and color shades don't even matter. Like I said before, the shape is even worse now, because the ankle collar stretches out longer. I feel even more ****ty for y'all that are in your 40's. Y'all have already been waiting a damn lifetime, and they just can't get one big ****in' thing right. The give and take with these ***holes is straight up SATANIC!!! My love for em makes me wanna cop a pair, but I just can't do this **** anymore. ****s are practically the 2012's with Nike branding, and correct netting. I'm only 32, and I'm already too old for this ****. I've been a coppin' releases since since 2009, and I can't take their antics any longer. Props to all who're gonna cop, and those who just say **** it, I wait any longer. I just CAN'T DO IT.

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l
Yeah. I’m only buying a pair because it was the first Jordan I ever had, and indeed I can’t/don’t want to keep waiting. I’ll enjoy them just like I enjoy my last year’s black/cements. But I’m about 20 percent as excited for them as I would be if they were done properly.

Yeah. I’m only buying a pair because it was the first Jordan I ever had, and indeed I can’t/don’t want to keep waiting. I’ll enjoy them just like I enjoy my last year’s black/cements. But I’m about 20 percent as excited for them as I would be if they were done properly.

I feel you 100%, man. I just don't think I can do it, at this point. I mean going through, and seeing so many lackluster releases, I just can't take this blatant BS any longer. ****s gotta be at least 85-90% on point, or I'm just gonna pass. Hell, I really only bought the 2019 BC 4's, becuase they were my all-time favorite Jordan. Honestly, those were a complete SLAP in the face. Just off the heel tabs alone. Plus, the durabuck on the 1999's will chip and crack almost immediately, now. Even if you do get them soleswapped.

I feel you 100%, man. I just don't think I can do it, at this point. I mean going through, and seeing so many lackluster releases, I just can't take this blatant BS any longer. ****s gotta be at least 85-90% on point, or I'm just gonna pass. Hell, I really only bought the 2019 BC 4's, becuase they were my all-time favorite Jordan. Honestly, those were a complete SLAP in the face. Just off the heel tabs alone. Plus, the durabuck on the 1999's will chip and crack almost immediately, now. Even if you do get them soleswapped.
I wish I had your self-discipline. Part of me is still shocked they put Nike Air back on any of the retros after the “I respect the OG collectors” BS Gentry spouted in the mid-2000s. As such, hard for me to turn down most of what’s come out since they brought it back. I try to look the other way when I see pics of OGs; sad reminder of the abusive relationship I have with this company...

I completely understand what your saying. But is this^ not what a Retro is? To compromise branding for the shape? I dont know how well that would go over. But, it seems over time the NA branding is not that much of a deal to some anymore. When we were not getting it, thats all everyone wanted.

Good argument for sure. I guess where I’m coming from is that I like the og shape of the 4s so much, that anything else seems like an inspiration but not an actual retro to me. So I would consider a retro an exact reproduction, however, an inspiration as the word implies is what we’re getting in my opinion.

Last edited:
The shape on the OGs is so crazy. They're like space shoes for 1989.

And that was a great question too that someone asked, but I would like to reverse it:

Did Tinker Hatfield intend everything to look the way it did with the OGs? Or did some things come out on accident? (Some things that made the shoes classics)

The shape on the OGs is so crazy. They're like space shoes for 1989.

And that was a great question too that someone asked, but I would like to reverse it:

Did Tinker Hatfield intend everything to look the way it did with the OGs? Or did some things come out on accident? (Some things that made the shoes classics)

I truly believe the stitching under the wing was from poor manufacturing techniques such that they couldn't figure out how to have it only span the length of the wing base. That's an OG detail that I don't care about b/c it just looks like a lower skilled worker or process.

This is an interesting question that we talked about a little bit in the fire red 5 thread a while back. Like did he want the 5s to have the thicker ankle pods like all the 5 retros and they couldn’t make it happen in 1990??

I truly believe the stitching under the wing was from poor manufacturing techniques such that they couldn't figure out how to have it only span the length of the wing base. That's an OG detail that I don't care about b/c it just looks like a lower skilled worker or process.
🤔 Yea, could have been.

This is an interesting question that we talked about a little bit in the fire red 5 thread a while back. Like did he want the 5s to have the thicker ankle pods like all the 5 retros and they couldn’t make it happen in 1990??
May be, and that could be why they did them for the retros. I think the all 3M 5 was his initial idea too but it couldn't be done then.

I know that the way he drew all of his designs looked different than the actual shoe. The sketches looked more aerodynamic, they had a lot of slants or slopes going in one direction.

Here's an example of aerodynamic, the one I circled looks like a high-top running shoe. I'm sure after a few designs he realized they were never going to look the way he drew them.

7dc1d952cdfa2955540fcbc13138fde7.jpg

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
That makes sense. Same with anything (ex. cars, etc.). Sketches must be turned into what's feasible to manufacture. Somethings it's tradeoffs between cost and design, while sometimes the tech simply doesn't exist yet. I would say the OG3s look closer to the slanted pic though than the other one...same with Flight '89s and even the retros of '89s. Those are also diff views.

I don't know. I'm very detailed oriented, and see all of the deltas from the OGs to the retros, however, I still enjoy what I buy. For example, I wasn't crazy about the '14 Infrared 6s, and they weren't all the comfortable, however, I still enjoyed wearing them and glad I got them. I love my '19s even more. '16 WCs weren't the best quality, and the cut wasn't right, but still enjoy wearing those. Same with the Bordeaux 7s; I barely notice the bump. '18 BC3 EP height and toe shape is not right, but love them; and the NA tab is perfection. '19 BC4s that I always wanted since '89, were pretty anti-climatic once in hand, but never would I not want to own/wear them. Anyway, you get the point. I only buy what I like, and even with the issues, I don't have stress. I can appreciate that for some these issues are just irritants, so buying them would be a mistake. But to appreciate the OG design doesn't mean one can't enjoy a "replica" attempt.....my two cents!

This gif below, represents yours truly,

47e0a318760c6a15cf14936872675eb0.gif

@SuperQ, BigSparky1316 BigSparky1316 , & rainking rainking after seeing the reveal of these in general.

**** Nike/JB, this release , and **** these gottdamn Jordan 4 Lows. . Screw the red shade. That f'd up ankle collar ruins this model SO bad, that branding and color shades don't even matter. Like I said before, the shape is even worse now, because the ankle collar stretches out longer. I feel even more ****ty for y'all that are in your 40's. Y'all have already been waiting a damn lifetime, and they just can't get one big ****in' thing right. The give and take with these ***holes is straight up SATANIC!!! My love for em makes me wanna cop a pair, but I just can't do this **** anymore. ****s are practically the 2012's with Nike branding, and correct netting. I'm only 32, and I'm already too old for this ****. I've been a coppin' releases since since 2009, and I can't take their antics any longer. Props to all who're gonna cop, and those who just say **** it, I wait any longer. I just CAN'T DO IT.

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l
You're right on the button brother I can't agree more it sucks I know they look like 2012s I really want to get a pair it sucks they're all stretched out looking on the throat of the shoe and the ankle collar is like a whole inch too low. Every time you comment truth sets in again about the 4s. Depressing and I'm on 28 man I really just want to feel the OG feeling inside.

Idk if you guys saw this but I think JORDAN BRAND started to hear the people talking about the color shade...

Attachments

• 16EBF591-B5A8-468B-9719-501B9529501B.png
    16EBF591-B5A8-468B-9719-501B9529501B.png
    946.9 KB · Views: 398
  • 72345A71-51A6-4269-AA91-19FC2520425D.png
    72345A71-51A6-4269-AA91-19FC2520425D.png
    844.1 KB · Views: 459
It's because that was an obvious thing to say isn't like the original.

So now they move on to complaining about this.
Once they fix the obvious stuff I’m definitely gonna get petty. Nobody’s brought up the stars on the bottom but **** it I will. Using the dunk as an example of what the og should look like.

Again, I’m not complaining yet but in 2039 once they’ve fixed the shape, netting, colors, and materials on the upper this ridiculous star pattern is gonna stick out like crazy.
CE69DA73-7793-49AA-B874-3ED26BB9D011.jpeg

Once they fix the obvious stuff I’m definitely gonna get petty. Nobody’s brought up the stars on the bottom but **** it I will. Using the dunk as an example of what the og should look like.

Again, I’m not complaining yet but in 2039 once they’ve fixed the shape, netting, colors, and materials on the upper this ridiculous star pattern is gonna stick out like crazy.
CE69DA73-7793-49AA-B874-3ED26BB9D011.jpeg
Yea, I've never seen anyone mention that one too.

Back
Top Bottom