NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

If they slanted the toe like even the last run of Flight '89s the shape would be SOOOO much better. That red is maddening though; hope it a lighting issue. The last pics looked a little off from OG, but much better than what we see here.

Thats crazy maybe its the climate of where you live? in cali I was still rocking my 89 4s black cements and my white and fire reds into the early 2000's even after the 99 retros released. up until the midsoles fell apart but the Durabuck was still perfect in terms of cracking or peeling. I had a lot of shoes even in 89 though and they didnt get worn everyday.

I'm in a pretty neutral climate area. These were well worn, but not beat by any stretch. The only Durabuck cracking issues I've seen with my own eyes or had were those 4's, my friend's silver tongue Fire Red 5's, and a couple of Filas and New Balance that used cheaper versions of the black. They were all within a few years.

Here are the other two pictures from Nike's reveal today. So these things are like an infrared.

1600867576850.png
AJ_IV_Retro-DC7770-160_A4_Pair_HR_original.jpg
Copped, first pic seems darker than second, probably lighting... don’t care either way, copped

Durabuck took longer to crease up badly than leather, it took more than just a few years to crack I would say over 10 , and those new grapes did not have Durabuck since Durabuck hasn't been manufactured since the late '90s. ,
Idk dude, I think the durabuck shoes creased HORRIBLY after just a couple years when the material “dries out” or whatever. At least that was certainly what I experienced.

And while the material they’re using now may not be the original name brand “Durabuck” that was manufactured by some specific company in the 80s and 90s, it is VERY SIMILAR appearing. Nike either manufactured this material or sourced this material to be a near exact replica/replacement for the original.

The only retros I can think of in my collection that have used this white “durabuck” material is the “Fresh Prince” Grape 5s and the Maroon 6s. I think also my 17+ “Copper” Retros use this material, but I’m not 100% on that.

I’ve never had an issue with white durabuck ceasing or peeling. I’m sure the actual material has changed throughout the years so that’s probably why some shoes had issues and some didn’t. I’ve definitely seen pics of og fire reds and white cements that are completely peeled.

i mean im copping either way but might just cop only 1 pair... need to see a picture with these in hand to base judgment...but nikes pictures are pretty spot on for the most part... hopefully its just the lighting that throws the red off

How are people even evaluating the color? The lighting in the picture, filters, and your own display are all variables. We need a side by side with a known release that we’ve all seen with our own eyes before anyone can say what the color is.

Nikes pics are always on point but now theres lighting variables? Cmon.

Also, is it just me or is the shape looking pretty okay and changed in this pic?? 🔥🔥
Damn we all knew the shape was off but it looks from this picture the fixed the toe. At least in these pictures
20200923_092933.jpg
side2.jpg

They didn't fix **** LOL. Pretty much the same jacked-up geometries as IVs have been. And why are they using the wrong hang tag again? Not like I care about a tag, but it's just funny how much they seem to not know their own history.

Will wait to see on the color. If those NDC pics are representative, I just saved money again.

Back
Top Bottom