2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the song that was played during that JB Smoove segment on Thursday Night football last night??? I cannot find it. I need that song!! It was and r&b song

giphy.gif

Bill the GM does need to go. Bill the coach can stay. he'll never have the QB to cover up the countless personnel gaffes that he used to have

Always had a great scouting department and GM :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

BEST TEAM IN THAT URRREAH. (Even over Philly) :lol:

probably better to compare them to the Steelers

we‘re good (or howie) is good with contracts and the cap.. but our drafts have been messes for a min

we’re really good at certain things that have kept us competitive.. but we’ve had some terrible shh and we hired joe Douglas from the ravens, so jete shouldn’t be so quick to celebrate him

giphy.gif

Bill the GM does need to go. Bill the coach can stay. he'll never have the QB to cover up the countless personnel gaffes that he used to have
Missed the GM part at first :lol:

Agreed that his record in that role hasn't been great in a while now but can't see him ever relinquishing that while he's still HC.

Always thought the day he stops being in charge of recruitment is the day he's no longer the coach.

Your last point made me think of this tweet from Asante Samuel yesterday

It's still early but how things have been going so far without the luxury of having what TB offered has been interesting to see so far

Last edited:
The Patriots last couple of drafts are coming back to haunt them. They have literally zero offensive guys that worry you.

If you looking for Favre, Cutler and Nicklaus to help you decide on who would be the best to lead this country we are headed to a dark, dark place.

Missed the GM part at first :lol:

Agreed that his record in that role hasn't been great in a while now but can't see him ever relinquishing that while he's still HC.

Always thought the day he stops being in charge of recruitment is the day he's no longer the coach.

Your last point made me think of this tweet from Asante Samuel yesterday

It's still early but how things have been going so far without the luxury of having what TB offered is has been interesting to see so far

.... and bottom line you need a ACCURATE QB or average to above average receivers to flourish. Or a GREAT DEFENSE.

Cam Newton has never been accurate. He’s still athletic but he’s older. He’s going to have to learnt o rely on being a passer. But again, he’s not accurate or decisive. Somethings got to give.

The Patriots last couple of drafts are coming back to haunt them. They have literally zero offensive guys that worry you.

If you looking for Favre, Cutler and Nicklaus to help you decide on who would be the best to lead this country we are headed to a dark, dark place.

headed to?

1604076205877.gif

Not even sure why y’all care about what jay cutler and favre have to say tbh
yeah, who cares about their opinions but I do like to see people expose themselves. Too many keep their views within.

No surprises with these guys coming out and saying what they believe.

Real interesting hear from NFL players themselves how they approach contracts

I just saw the clip of Channing crowder and Brandon Marshall and I got zero desire to watch this

props to crowder for seeing the bigger picture on things.. but that clip I saw of Brandon Marshall is the last I need to hear from dude

Real interesting hear from NFL players themselves how they approach contracts

Fred is trippin. Talking about don’t worry about the money, it will come. Cmon dog... Some people... the information is all around them but you can’t learn it for them. For Fred it was just how he was wired and nothing would change that. He grew up poor and money didn’t motivate him. B marsh grew up poor and money was top priority

Fred is trippin. Talking about don’t worry about the money, it will come. Cmon dog... Some people... the information is all around them but you can’t learn it for them. For Fred it was just how he was wired and nothing would change that. He grew up poor and money didn’t motivate him. B marsh grew up poor and money was top priority

These owners prey on dudes like Fred Taylor. The young poor kid "who just loves the game". We gon give him whatever, use him up and get rid of him. Black athletes need to stop letting people guilt them into not getting what they're worth. Nobody tells white QB's "why do you want all this money, you should play for the love!". They just get it. Tell a owner, "Just own the team for the love of the game". That sounds crazy.

You can do both. You can love the game and love making money. This is big business. Athletes are a walking business. Especially in the era we live in now.

These owners prey on dudes like Fred Taylor. The young poor kid "who just loves the game". We gon give him whatever, use him up and get rid of him. Black athletes need to stop letting people guilt them into not getting what they're worth. Nobody tells white QB's "why do you want all this money, you should play for the love!". They just get it. Tell a owner, "Just own the team for the love of the game". That sounds crazy.

You can do both. You can love the game and love making money. This is big business. Athletes are a walking business. Especially in the era we live in now.

Exactly. Those owners, and people who look like them are the reason you grew up poor anyway. They Can’t see the forest from the trees. It’s an uneven playing field, and like you said, they’re well aware that you’re poor so even if they throw you$
$20 million, but know you’re worth $200 million (because they’re probably going to profit $200 million off of you) of course they’re going to lowball someone who’s desperate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom