2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Can some of you who care about boxes explain to me why you do? I don't, and I don't understand it. I have some boxes that I keep because the shoes have value and if I ever need to sell them I'll include it because a potential buyer might cry or not even buy because they don't have the box. So I understand that reason to hang on to it. But a couple of you above are talking about the branding or color of the box which means nothing to me. I love the box from my 94 Jordans but I'd have still bought the shoes if it didn't have it.

Can some of you who care about boxes explain to me why you do? I don't, and I don't understand it. I have some boxes that I keep because the shoes have value and if I ever need to sell them I'll include it because a potential buyer might cry or not even buy because they don't have the box. So I understand that reason to hang on to it. But a couple of you above are talking about the branding or color of the box which means nothing to me. I love the box from my 94 Jordans but I'd have still bought the shoes if it didn't have it.

well i mean think about it, id like to say most of us here are "collectors" of sneakers (i use that term loosely this is a sneaker enthusiast forum afterall). there is more value in the overall package which includes the box. not to mention a lot of the sneakers we buy as collectors come in special boxes, or boxes that are no longer made anymore i.e. silver, pink, black boxes. ive bought sneakers without the box, but only because it was significantly cheaper than they would have been otherwise. this extends to any little trinkets that come with the sneaker as well, like tags, laces, insoles, dust bags etc.

Last edited:
5CDF6D56-F2BE-40E7-87B2-A269D8CB854F.jpeg

#HugYourMom
#TomorrowIsNotAGuarantee
#RIP
I like these better than the Concepts Purple and Green line up. Classic, without trying too hard.

I honestly don't get the Jordan sb idea. I mean ok of skaters back in the day wore them because no one wanted em and they worked for skating. But the CS Jordan 1 they did a few years ago was a nice colab. Had alot of sb branding on them and it was the first of it's kind a tribute to that and they came in an sb box . The LM one's they were cool because the strip away as you skate was different. but after that makes no sense to make an sb x jordan ever again. These have no SB branding but on the tongue tag. SB should stick to dunks and blazers and whatever else they created for skateboarding and leave basketball shoes to the bball brand.

More skaters will skate in AJ1's current day than current NBA players balling in AJ1's.

AJ1's are more on the fashionista side of footwear than performance anyway. Skaters just prefer board feel, something that the 1's provide more than any Jordan model because of the dunk like sole. All subjective of course, seen people skate in every shoe. nike/jb/sb should drown the AJ1 in every cw like they did the dunk. Why shouldn't they? Then AJ1 hype will die.

Nike SB has no brand identity whatsoever so they have to pump the gas on dumb hype **** to keep people interested

nike/jb/sb should drown the AJ1 in every cw like they did the dunk. Why shouldn't they? Then AJ1 hype will die.

They've been doing that for years now and the Highs for the most part still sell really well.

They've cranked out some ugly colored highs, some gimmicked highs, an ungodly amount of mids and multiple low variants.

If the merch wasn't moving they'd quit selling it. The AJ1 will always have a handful of colorways that absolutely will sell out.

The Dunk? Maybe the College pack.

SB Dunk? Classic colorways and limiteds sell out.

My local tier zero Jordan store is not getting the LA-Chi 1’s
They are only getting the NY Paris ones
Sad news for sure
Will just sit here quietly holding my future L

I honestly don't get the Jordan sb idea. I mean ok of skaters back in the day wore them because no one wanted em and they worked for skating. But the CS Jordan 1 they did a few years ago was a nice colab. Had alot of sb branding on them and it was the first of it's kind a tribute to that and they came in an sb box . The LM one's they were cool because the strip away as you skate was different. but after that makes no sense to make an sb x jordan ever again. These have no SB branding but on the tongue tag. SB should stick to dunks and blazers and whatever else they created for skateboarding and leave basketball shoes to the bball brand.

Spoiler alert: dunks and blazers are basketball shoes

I really don’t recall this amount of anger over then original Sb Jordan’s. And all those had were mesh tongues, Sb branding on the tongue, and zoom insoles.

Back
Top Bottom