2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

wow just checked myself out of curiosity and its no joke, i got my pair like 2 months ago maybe less, and i paid a little more than a third of what they are now going for in my size. ugh even purple lobs are doing the same from what i saw. never thought the purple ones were gonna be the ones to give me trouble completing the set(bar yellow).
Right. And same with you on the Purple Lobsters. What in the natural f***?!? Almost $800 in my size!!! I lucked up on a raffle and got mine for retail, and never imagined they’d be that high. I just told my wife and she was like “well you haven’t worn them yet sooo...” But I love purple (she knows that too so she was just joking), so they’re going nowhere. The SB game is getting too damn crazy. But on the flip side, must have Js are getting far and between for me personally, so I’ve been able to just chill and get past SBs recently. I image it’s gonna be more of the same for me going forward. I’ll get Js still, but I feel like I’m gonna be mainly grabbing SBs, in particular releases from past years.

yo i just looked at purple lobs...non-LE box size 9 is hitting for almost a rack? for a teal box QS?

that's insanity

I feel like the SB hype went back up after the Diamond lows & lobsters :smh:

The pairs i used to see on ebay for like 60 are now doubled and the older hyped pairs are even more insane :smh:

RIF out here in California usually has decent prices on SBs. There website doesn't show nearly all of their stock, but I saw purple lobsters in a 12 for $400, which is about a hundred dollars lower than what they're going for on stock x. I imagine if they have other sizes in store they'd be lower as well...Can't vouch for greens, though, but I may go check the store tomorrow.

18CCF351-68BB-4C60-A1F0-9CA2BC8F9736.jpeg
:wow::wow: That’s crazy

Yeah, and in this case, bids and sales have jumped $100-$200 for White Diamonds, because the Asks have risen dramatically.

Yeah, StockX is probably compromised. Whoever is manipulating the market data per StockX is clearly aware of its status as a fair market value standard among consumers, and is taking advantage of that trust to inflate prices across the board. It's a cascading effect that leverages artificial, perceived scarcity.

"What? Prices are going up? I better go bite now before it goes even higher!"

SMH at inducing consumer paranoia.

A potential fix would be to display some measure of central tendency for sale prices (weighted average to account for outliers) as opposed to just the "Last Sale."

Yeah, StockX is probably compromised. Whoever is manipulating the market data per StockX is clearly aware of its status as a fair market value standard among consumers, and is taking advantage of that trust to inflate prices across the board. It's a cascading effect that leverages artificial, perceived scarcity.

"What? Prices are going up? I better go bite now before it goes even higher!"

SMH at inducing consumer paranoia.
And stockx continues to win with the fees becoming higher with those inflated prices- I cannot believe there is no regulation on these businesses yet

Not sure if the SEC would even have any jurisdiction, but I'd venture to guess if the market for after-market shoes and clothing becomes large enough, there'd be some justification for regulatory action.

I’m not buying anything off there anymore unless it’s some under retail supreme.

Back
Top Bottom