2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Skate shoes are whatever you skate in. So there's no need to call anything skate shoes.

Theres a lot of good discussion going on in here! I love it!

Well I hope these shop owners read the Forbes article John00 posted and with what your saying
Doesn’t look good for those shops in the next 2 years!
Dude, I'm really wondering how that’ll hit SB. I have a hard time seeing them cut out more skate shops BUT Nike would increase profit margins by doing that so it’s not out of the question.

How are you a business owner and not in the know with the current trends? They deserve their fates.
This trend is really recent. A lot of this stuff was booked a while ago. Many of them didn't see this hype coming.

Brooklyn Projects just killed it for me
I thought that would be my go to this week
And they just post sold out on IG
They got 18 pairs they claim and just put them on the floor and 30 people ran thur there
Prolly all the resale shops up n down that street grabbed them RIP

Last edited:
Today
IMG_20191018_164306-01.jpeg

Is it going to be hard getting those Halloween Dunks? Really hoping I could get one for retail.

None of these shops knew where the sb hype was going to go.. a year ago, what sbs sold out? Had any type of demand? As mentioned, the shops cater to their customers, and what’s desired in their area.

To put in in perspective, if all shop owners based their upcoming purchases on hype, remember a few years back where “boost is life”? Where all ultra boosts have high demand, and pretty much sold completely out, every release? What if shop owners all based purchases on what’s selling and not selling at this moment? They’d go out of business.

Sneakers in general, hype shifts so quick, it’s hard for a small shop to look that far into the future, and know what they should, and shouldn’t buy that will be delivered in 6 months from now.

Instead of ranting or wasting more time I just copped my size on SX for 100 over retail. I’ve been searching the #nikesb hashtag all day on IG seeing shops only selling locally and selling out fast. After wasting an hour of driving time earlier today to my one local shop and basically being laughed at, it just multiplied my determination. I’d like it to show up before Halloween and I’m sure it’ll be close..

I called Civil in providence today around 12 to see if they were releasing. The guy said he had no idea and that I should check IG for updates. Then I see the post later that they sold out in store. There's no way I would've known to go there after work and they might've been sold out by then anyways. Weird.

I called Civil in providence today around 12 to see if they were releasing. The guy said he had no idea and that I should check IG for updates. Then I see the post later that they sold out in store. There's no way I would've known to go there after work and they might've been sold out by then anyways. Weird.
Yeah they said past few days they didn’t know when they were getting them. So today they got their shipment, posted on IG, and they were gone in 30 mins. Nothing really confusing.

Yeah they said past few days they didn’t know when they were getting them. So today they got their shipment, posted on IG, and they were gone in 30 mins. Nothing really confusing.
well it's confusing if i call and they clearly have them but act like they don't know.

GRs have never had hard release dates; these were a prebooked GR, a lot of shops passed due to not seeing samples, and a good amount of shops passed because they just didn't like them or think they'd sell.
100% correct!
Most shops never saw the picture,
Or what they saw they didn’t like,
Or didn’t think they would sell...
Although I did hear that due to the Sell outs, have been given permission to order more pairs.
So don’t be surprised if some shops get a 2nd shipment...

I hear what you’re saying and you make a solid point, as did Hennessy yesterday. Why pass up on money and a chance at an instant sellout? Thing is, like I said in a post I made yesterday, there’s a lot of shop owners that aren’t in the know. A lot of them don’t understand the SB product or customer base completely. With shop owners not actually seeing them in hand, I could kind of see them passing from that standpoint. The Halloween release could be what it’s turned out to be now which is pretty hyped or it could have been the “Send Help 2s” all over again. I could see some shop owners just backing out all together and not gambling with that headache if they weren’t sure. I litterally know one shop that passed on the Halloweens and ordered a bunch of the FPARs. Can you make that make sense? SMH. It is what it is, they just don’t know. Missing one or two GRs a year isn’t going to destroy your QS account standing, especially if you’ve had an account for a while or you do pretty well selling SB apperal, so that’s not an issue.
Yup!
Some shops ordered the FPARs because they are a QS, and were either told they would sell, or tried jumping on the “Dunk/SB Hype” and ordered more than one full size run...
And ordered either one full size run, a few sizes, or none of the Halloweens.
I can for a fact say that looking back at 2018, most of us had no idea that 2019 would be such a crazy year, not knowing what would happen with Dunks/SBs...Blow up or Die down?
We’ll have to see what 2020 brings/continues/stops with the Dunks/SBs Hype...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom