2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

eBay also charges tax now. In NYC, you don't pay tax on items under $110. eBay said **** it and we're taking all of your money. I've been lucky with my best offers, but the taxes provides reason to hold off.

this is a GAMECHANGER right here....this is for USED/SECOND HAND items across the board??? i just sold someone an old router on craigslist for $50 yesterday. just thinking of the state trying to get in the middle of something like that and taking a fat slice is pretty upsetting.

just imagine that a single pair of used sneakers gets sold 4 or 5 times on Goat with the state chopping a piece of the sale ON EVERY TRANSACTION. this could be upwards of 5 or 6 chops over the lifetime of 1 pair of shoes!

what's next? tax man sitting at every garage sale getting a tasty piece of every piece of old baby clothing and picture frame sold???

Yeah I don't agree with paying taxes on secondary sales even if that's how the laws are written.

But I guess when you buy a used vehicle or preowned home you pay taxes.

Much love on the info. Rapture! I dig this discussion of sneakers for what they are; a commodity in a particular market.

They’ll always be super special to me and hold a lot of nostalgia, but it’s so much of a headache any more that it almost forces a ‘why bother’ mentality.

It’s funny to think that a hobby that started 15 years ago would eventually become educational in a sense, providing a platform to something like stocks and investments as opposed to copping a tangible item and wrecking it
:rofl:

I lined up at Undefeated in SF an hour before they opened and ended up grabbing the last sz 10. Dude in front of me and behind me were both 10s as well.
79650382_10220991325881412_1990378919747911680_n.jpg

i just saw this today that goat slapped me with $16 tax on top of $10 shipping, which i am almost certain is a first. normally, all my buys just get hit with $10 shipping but i don't ever remember getting taxed. i'm about to go back and check my earlier purchases. stockx does do free shipping on every like 5th pair, tho.

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 2.12.34 PM.png
Not anymore how long you been away from stockx? They got rid of the buyer's card back in October I think. No more free shipping no matter how much you cop😠

a friend of mine just got back from China a week ago after being there for like a month. his wife is Chinese and has a lot of family there and apparently the sneaker bubble just popped there. he was telling me their prices were ballooning like they did here because you had a lot of outside investors coming in with a lot of capital and buying volume and driving everything up. this has def been happening here just looking at how UN is now selling used **** inside of American Eagle department stores, etc.

he said a ton of folks over there have lost their asses on sneaker investments because stuff that was selling for $300+ on the Chinese version of Stockx (a whole other discussion in itself) is now selling for $150 or less. this could be a canary in the coal mine for what could be on the horizon for the US sneaker game.
some good discussion going on in this thread, but this right here should get some more acknowledgement.

as with any market, there are highs and lows in the sneaker re-sell market (bulls v. bear markets, for all the finance bros out there). we're very much in the highs in the US, and have been for a few years now. the introduction of flop x and goat have helped to make buying and re-selling kicks easier, but at they same time those same tools have introduced opportunities for major investors to join in and essentially inflate the market/resell prices. how long this will last is anyone's guess, and while the profits look good for some right now, things won't be rosy forever.

as rapture rapture alluded to, it'll be interesting to see what recent shoes/styles retain their value when the dip starts.

some good discussion going on in this thread, but this right here should get some more acknowledgement.

as with any market, there are highs and lows in the sneaker re-sell market (bulls v. bear markets, for all the finance bros out there). we're very much in the highs in the US, and have been for a few years now. the introduction of flop x and goat have helped to make buying and re-selling kicks easier, but at they same time those same tools have introduced opportunities for major investors to join in and essentially inflate the market/resell prices. how long this will last is anyone's guess, and while the profits look good for some right now, things won't be rosy forever.

as rapture rapture alluded to, it'll be interesting to see what recent shoes/styles retain their value when the dip starts.

i was out of the game for a number of years doing a whole other (illegal) thing and only recently came back to my sneaker passion after getting out of that whole thing and getting sober. when i got back in _the game had forever changed_ and there have been a lot of big definitive, high-profile events that essentially signaled this shift...here is kind of loose list off the top of my head that really kind of outlines it:

- UN partnering with American Eagle ( 2jays was right place at right time because this was inevitable given other indicators)
- Footlocker putting $100 million dollars into GOAT group
- the NYT article covering Stockx among a bunch of high-profile news articles on the sneaker resell market
- sotheby's first sneaker auction where a billionaire from the ad industry about 100 pairs for the rarest sneakers

i was out of the game for a number of years doing a whole other (illegal) thing and only recently came back to my sneaker passion after getting out of that whole thing and getting sober. when i got back in _the game had forever changed_ and there have been a lot of big definitive, high-profile events that essentially signaled this shift...here is kind of loose list off the top of my head that really kind of outlines it:

- UN partnering with American Eagle ( 2jays was right place at right time because this was inevitable given other indicators)
- the NYT article covering Stockx among a bunch of high-profile news articles on the sneaker resell market
- sotheby's first sneaker auction where a billionaire from the ad industry about 100 pairs for the rarest sneakers
Congratulations on your sobriety. Take it one day at a time.

I used to be addicted to painkillers. Now I'm terrified to take anything above an 800mg ibuprofen.

Congratulations on your sobriety. Take it one day at a time.

I used to be addicted to painkillers. Now I'm terrified to take anything above an 800mg ibuprofen.
Congrats to both of you, I too went through about a ten solid years of alcoholism and drug addiction (longer but ten years of doing nothing but).
I too am addicted to the thrill of buying limited products, but it’s reasonably healthy.

Surprised at all the traffic from the viotechs in the forum! I didn't expect those to be so popular at all, especially with that weird looking toe box but I hope the regulars and everyone who really wanted em got to scoop em.
Little worried about how things are shaping up for the rayguns, hopefully they made enough for everyone! If not... oh well, there's always another dunk in a few months. Retail or bust.

Big ups to the guys maintaining sobriety .. I couldn't imagine how rough that road was and even though I don't know y'all personally; I'm proud of your journey.

I'm nervous about ray guns.. really want that black pair. Heck I'm nervous for the rest of the month except XI's.

Yup. I noticed not too long ago when I was placing an offer they tax would be charged... had to super lowball with my offer at that point. Probably won’t get the shoes witch what I offered... oh well.

Stupid tax thing happened to me too.. it def affects how I look at resell because the tax just inflates the price to hell. For a while it was both them and SX then it was only SX for like 3 months and then it came back like 2 weeks ago for me.. weird.

The one that really grinds my gears is ebay though.. they don't even show it to you until its too late (on that next screen) and they have that weird PayPal thing where you click pay with PP to review your price and it just goes through without warning.

Tax on resold shoes that were already taxed.. :smh:

Yup. Gov’ment double dipping like a mug... tbh, that doesn’t even bother me that much... it bothers me that the tax adds more onto the item that I’m already not wanting to pay the asking price in the first place BEFORE shipping and tax!

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes!

StockX was brilliant to put some transparency into the resell market. Don’t know much about how they got their start but with the amount of panic buying and selling for every release.. they have to be making insane profits, regardless if the re-sellers are. Ebay was king for so long and all it took was some slick interface and the slightest margin undercut to unseat them. That being said, their website is actually slow as ****, they had a data breach that exposed all their users info that they were slow to disclose the full scope of, and still it’s outrageously popular.

Congrats to both of you, I too went through about a ten solid years of alcoholism and drug addiction (longer but ten years of doing nothing but).
I too am addicted to the thrill of buying limited products, but it’s reasonably healthy.
Congratulations to all of you on your sobriety! That’s a big deal and I’m extremely proud of y’all! Keep it going!

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes!

StockX was brilliant to put some transparency into the resell market. Don’t know much about how they got their start but with the amount of panic buying and selling for every release.. they have to be making insane profits, regardless if the re-sellers are. Ebay was king for so long and all it took was some slick interface and the slightest margin undercut to unseat them. That being said, their website is actually slow as ****, they had a data breach that exposed all their users info that they were slow to disclose the full scope of, and still it’s outrageously popular.

Still proven to be a better selling ground for sneakers than eBay risk be damned.

Back
Top Bottom