2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

300 is not justified for the wl joints but the materials he uses are top notch. Same goes with his clothing. Not just a batch of fakes he slaps a jason check on. I do wish he would be a little more creative with the last 2 cw's tho.

410D95AC-AA5D-4900-979D-4AE7CF926C02.jpeg

I’ve gotta get this off my chest because I JUST SAW someone today get screwed by their local and it pissed me off. The thing that has bothered me the most about the hype has been the way I’ve seen some skateshops treat their loyal customers. Some these shops used to BEG for people to purchase things from them and plead with customers to stick with them through the “dead” period of SB. I remember seeing some people completely bypass purchasing from Nike.com to support their locals when Nike was destroying the customer base for shops. I’m seeing some of these same shops now treat loyal customers like trash, backdoor to new resellers and sell directly to Stock X themselves. It’s insane. I remember the “support your local” campaign like it was yesterday. Why do some of these shops think that this “new found interest” in SB will last forever? Have they not learned from the last go round? I hope some of these shops have their **** together because let me tell you, when this all calms WAY down again, they’re going to be scrambling for attention and sales because of how they handled this place in time. There won’t be any “support your local” campaign strong enough to encourage loyalty again after you’ve worked over so many people.
Truth, my local doesn't have a website for non locals to support but decides to Instagram raffle hype releases (30,000 entries for Dead Dunks) to anyone in USA... My brother and I have supported them for over 20+ years. Needless to say next time I see the owner im gonna have to tell him why thats ****ed up.

Truth, my local doesn't have a website for non locals to support but decides to Instagram raffle hype releases (30,000 entries for Dead Dunks) to anyone in USA... My brother and I have supported them for over 20+ years. Needless to say next time I see the owner im gonna have to tell him why thats ****ed up.
Raffle was prob just smoke and mirrors

300 is not justified for the wl joints but the materials he uses are top notch. Same goes with his clothing. Not just a batch of fakes he slaps a jason check on. I do wish he would be a little more creative with the last 2 cw's tho.

can care less if the materials are top knot, it’s still a fake. Like I said earlier if he was using the OG Stussy as his base shoe, I wouldn’t have a problem with it. Since he is not shoe is fake. It’s a fake custom!! Simple as that!!

They "worked over people" because they backdoored some hypebeast dunks to the highest bidder, or made the best financial decision for their store, instead of backdooring the shoes to "loyal customers" the shoes for retail? :lol:

I'm sure if you was loyal enough to these stores (aka you spent enough time and money over the years) you got a crack at the Chunky Dunkys and the GDs, and whatever else. Problem is, soon as the hype shoes come out everybody suddenly remember that they been "the most loyal" customer because they once bought a hoodie at the store in 2010

I think it was volksnuts volksnuts who posted how he got screwed by a local he supported by pouring thousands into his store over years via decks, apparel and shoes only to get the pair he believed would be put to the side for him sold to someone else. Those are the loyal customers that should be held down.

As far as questioning John00 John00 , I think everyone would disagree with that. He's one of the few NTers that goes out of their way to help people cop. For years, he's posted what stores have stock back when they actually picked up the phone. Quite a few posters would not have some of what they do if it weren't for him.

Dont gotta be sponsored to do what he doing, just gotta have $ and know the correct links(John Geiger comes to mind haha) Nike not going after small fry, they wouldn't bat an eye at this fugazzi stuff
i'm referring more to his clothing that has team logos and marvel entities. i see a dope ghost rider shirt that looks almost like the same ghost rider shirts you'd see in marvel comics in the 90's lol.

i know one thing from working at kinkos years back. Disney doesn't **** around with their entities.

As far as questioning John00 John00 , I think everyone would disagree with that. He's one of the few NTers that goes out of their way to help people cop. For years, he's posted what stores have stock back when they actually picked up the phone. Quite a few posters would not have some of what they do if it weren't for him.

I'll take it further than that. John00 is the best poster on this ******* forum. Period.

I think it was volksnuts volksnuts who posted how he got screwed by a local he supported by pouring thousands into his store over years via decks, apparel and shoes only to get the pair he believed would be put to the side for him sold to someone else. Those are the loyal customers that should be held down.

I don't know John00 John00 but I always see him posting links trying to help out fellow NTers so I would say many people should just be thankful. I always seem to be a few minutes late though and haven't gotten anything, but I appreciate the headsup.

Respect and salute to everyone that showed me love in their post. I got hella love for ya’ll too bruh. I try to keep the peace but some new people just love to yap, yap and yap some more without knowing what they’re talking about.

These are giving me Weatherman Foamposite vibes. I’m sorta interested.

John00 John00 mm good perspective. I hadn't thought of that since I never had any ties to any local shops. It still seems like nike SB's got a choke hold on skate shops, like each skate shop barely gets a size run of GRs meanwhile jordans are stocked out the wazoo in every footlocker, dicks, jimmy jazz, shoe palace, etc. With Nike not allocating or producing enough to meet their stores' demands, they're once again hurting them.
That is what kills me! On Nike SBs end, I’m thinking “WHY LIMIT THINGS NOW?!” All most of us ever wanted was better concepts and execution from SB. They’re FINALLY back to giving us things that we’re excited about more often than in the past and BOOM, they pulled the limited nonsense card! So dumb. How does that help the future of the brand?!

On the shop side, I’m thinking, HOW DOES THIS LIMITED GAME help them?! You’re not allowing them to maximize on the opportunity that the trend and market is giving them AND you’re pretty much taking money out of their pockets with these games! Just look at what they’ve done with the Orange Label account allotment. What a fiasco. Nike doesn’t have to FLOOD the market, but they can find A WAY BETTER allocation model than they currently have.

Again, if I’m a shop owner, I’m staying tight with my loyals. Those folks DON’T JUST BUY DUNKS, THEY’ll BUY SHOP MERCH AND VARIOUS other things that will help my shop long term. There’s a TON of OGs in here that was around for the “dead period”. It was pretty much nothing but a decent release here and there, the rest of the time, it was dust blowing and tumbleweeds. Shops were HURTING BIG TIME AND begging for help.

Back
Top Bottom