2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

GOAT and Flight Club looking crazy as well, at least for asking prices (i.e. Purple Lobsters, White Diamonds, and Northern Lights). Ridiculous.

SB hype will die down again... it’s a cycle with all shoes. Prices/hype changes every few years. If y’all are having thoughts about offing pairs while the hype is high, just make sure you’re willing/ok with never finding a pair again for what you’re willing to pay.

For today
LRM_EXPORT_662854004882100_20190820_190552132.jpeg

595354C8-8399-4E88-8196-C2CE6E803249.jpeg
After seeing the stockx prices on some sb’s, I’m going to start unloading all my gr’s from over the years lol

Getting ready to sell off most of my closet for some life changes. Orange to current box
Any 11? PM me dude.

595354C8-8399-4E88-8196-C2CE6E803249.jpeg
After seeing the stockx prices on some sb’s, I’m going to start unloading all my gr’s from over the years lol

Getting ready to sell off most of my closet for some life changes. Orange to current box
Wrong place to post my friend :nthat:

**** like this drives me nuts. Like I'm supposed to be impressed? If I was a multi-millionaire, I'd have a lot of "dope" kicks too. I'm lower-middle class, and would never trade my collection for his.
Truer words have never been spoken. Exactly. If after all the essentials (home, family, transportation, medical/health stuff, etc.) were all taken care of over exorbitantly, and we still had MILLIONS to spare, with most of our knowledge on kicks (I feel confident in saying that a lot of us are more personally knowledgeable on kicks than Offset), we’d ALL have crazy collections. Show me more deep cuts and rare-ish pairs, as opposed to the usual famous/hyped/top-10-limited type pairs. Same ol’ same that we’ve seen a hundred times before.

I’ve honestly thought that outside a couple of celebs owning SBs before being famous, most of the celebs with older limited SBs in the collection are being given pairs cooked up by Nike recently. I know Nike can go into the kitchen and cook older releases and seed whoever with them, so I figure that’s where all the new found SB rocking celebs are getting their kicks from.

I’m a Laker fan, and chi 1s are the best 1 cw ever, and I 100% agree with your statement.
giphy.gif

LAKER GANG!

I’ve honestly thought that outside a couple of celebs owning SBs before being famous, most of the celebs with older limited SBs in the collection are being given pairs cooked up by Nike recently. I know Nike can go into the kitchen and cook older releases and seed whoever with them, so I figure that’s where all the new found SB rocking celebs are getting their kicks from.

giphy.gif

LAKER GANG!

They are definitely not being given new samples of older past models. There was a huge blowup on Jordan side since Drake wanted Undefeated 4s (And new Tokyo 5s) made and so they mocked up friends and family pairs but other than JB side no SBs have been batched up and “remade” into new samples to be given to celebrities.

They are all millionaires, they probably hire someone to go look for the shoe, seeded newer pairs (yellow canary diamond dunks for example) or go to consignment stores to buy.

I definitely agree that Nike are not making them new pairs just for them.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I don’t know about Nike making new pairs of old releases (though they absolutely could). Like you said, they’re f***in’ millionaires. Give their team/stylists the checkbook, say “go find me tons of dope/old kicks,” and set it and forget it.

Having a ton of rare shoes doesn’t make you any cooler, instant collections are just being bought.
Reminds me of cribs where these rappers show off palatial mansions but they’re rentals.

Having a ton of rare shoes doesn’t make you any cooler, instant collections are just being bought.
Reminds me of cribs where these rappers show off palatial mansions but they’re rentals.
Exactly. Hell, if all of a sudden I had a ish ton of money, and all of the essentials/necessities were taken care of and then some, and I put a bunch away, I too would blow some of it on pairs I’d otherwise have no business being able to acquire. It’s just funny how these dude show off these “collections” like we’re supposed to be impressed. The interesting thing would be for someone with real knowledge of kicks to sit down with them and pick their brains about their pairs. I’m no damn historian, but I’d be curious to see what they know about all the pairs they swear up and down about being passionate about.

Exactly. Hell, if all of a sudden I had a ish ton of money, and all of the essentials/necessities were taken care of and then some, and I put a bunch away, I too would blow some of it on pairs I’d otherwise have no business being able to acquire. It’s just funny how these dude show off these “collections” like we’re supposed to be impressed. The interesting thing would be for someone with real knowledge of kicks to sit down with them and pick their brains about their pairs. I’m no damn historian, but I’d be curious to see what they know about all the pairs they swear up and down about being passionate about.
I fall in between the flossing cuz balling and shoe museum nerds. like I get it. im old. I was part of the culture before it became the "culture".

now it just seems corny to be like yea brooooo I have all da kewl knowledge and u didn't know bout SBs and JAwdans before IGeeeeeee.

bro its kicks. we rocked em. we were fresh. we were different. big offing deal.

Sorry im just frustrated bc I can't find a pair of New Balances im trying to cop for my bday LMAO

Back
Top Bottom