2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

What’s the backstory on the lucha libre dunks? I can’t find any info about them anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, it's not about quantity, but rather the "passion" (short for having appreciation for the shoes for other qualities other than exclusivity and popularity) that defines a "sneakerhead."

Well, FWIW I dont want to be lumped into "sneakerhead" culture if that includes unbreakable kicks, foamer, and countless other losers.

Back on the subject of rehashing older sb's

Remember when some shops got certain sizes of rehashed older models.

Saw rehash futura lows recently and was so jelly

Anyone know where I can get some dunks for the low? I don't care about the colorway, just want a pair to skate.
So so many places. Skateshops, ebay, goat, stockx, select other boutiques like concepts have SB accounts. I'm assuming if you skate you know some skateshops but if not, some big ones that ship are CCS, tactics, active, premier, so many more. You'll have to do your own research to see who's got em the cheapest.

I kinda was thinking Nike was cooking up new old pairs
But if that was the case why didn’t they cook stuff up for the 15th anniversary give away thing

Would be neat to see what (if anything) they have locked away

I feel like no way are Nike sponsored athletes spending stacks on hard to find pairs.... doesn’t make sense for Nike to buy up pairs to seed people when they could make a pair for $50 (or more but not $2000+ for WTDs for Travi$) could he buy his own? Of course.... but why would he

I forget who it was but wasn’t someone wearing some older dunk highs in a bigger size that were impossible to find? Kyrie maybe? Or is he a 13? But even still I’m thinking it was one of those never seen in that size before kind of things

I kinda was thinking Nike was cooking up new old pairs
But if that was the case why didn’t they cook stuff up for the 15th anniversary give away thing

Would be neat to see what (if anything) they have locked away

I feel like no way are Nike sponsored athletes spending stacks on hard to find pairs.... doesn’t make sense for Nike to buy up pairs to seed people when they could make a pair for $50 (or more but not $2000+ for WTDs for Travi$) could he buy his own? Of course.... but why would he

I forget who it was but wasn’t someone wearing some older dunk highs in a bigger size that were impossible to find? Kyrie maybe? Or is he a 13? But even still I’m thinking it was one of those never seen in that size before kind of things

can't say how it is for other celebs, but carolinakickg carolinakickg and I had posited that project blitz was floating pairs to travis and nike was compensating them directly.

Just called westside to ask about the corduroy dunks and they said they might be getting a restock within the next two days. I guess keep a lookout for that in case they weren’t bsing me but let me get a 9.5 please lmao

Love those Wildwood days.
IMG_20190821_175347_1.jpg

Glad to see I’m not the only one that rejects that wack *** label. I get asked all the time by my students “are you a sneakerhead?” I just answer “naw, I just have a lot of shoes” and keep it pushing.
ask them what it means? id be interested. apparently with today's youth, hype beast is a cool thing

ask them what it means? id be interested. apparently with today's youth, hype beast is a cool thing
You’re right. Being a “hypebeast” is absolutely a cool thing. They play Roblox (which is basically an open sandbox Minecraft for the uninitiated) and all the time they dress their avatars in hypebeasty ish from head to toe. Hospital type masks, printed tops and bottoms, clashy kicks and fits, bogo stuff that’s clearly mimicking Supreme, fake looking Gucci and other designer brands, it’s ridiculous. I even joke with them about being hypebeasts and they wear that ish like a badge of honor. I mean, I’m 33, so clearly I’m supposed to be out of the “loop” in terms of their culture, but it does look crazy to me.

Back
Top Bottom