2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Can't beat em then join em...

Personally:

giphy (1).gif

Couldn't even make it through the video.

If I dont get them then I dont get them...a penny saved is a penny earned.

Them Lakers Lebron 7's hurt my feelings...until I saw folks paying $400.

anigif_enhanced-27958-1428537005-6.gif

What was point of the question then?

PO

it filters our "some" bot entries, you don't need to answer all 3 questions for an entry, you just need to submit the 1 entry which is what most bots are doing. The bots aren't "answering" these questions. They're more for the manual entries. With that said, you're still outnumbered in terms of entries when a bot can spam multiple 1 entry vs your 3 entry with the 3 questions

i will never understand why the dopest stuff is so limited and the stuff nobody wanted in the first place gets 121434324234324324234 restocks, goes on sale, etc. and we get 50 million emails about how they're still in stock.

wish we could get half of that energy with releases like these instead.
These releases bring a ton of attention to the brand. Plenty of people who strike out will rage cop other pairs they've been thinking about getting or Nike products they stumble upon just to feel like they got something for all the time they spent.

I used to do this, especially when The 10 OW collabs were dropping. You end up liking a silhouette you didn't pay much attention to before, and when you strike out on the hyped ones that are now selling for $700, you can grab some GRs that are still sitting (sometimes with a discount).

Last edited:
These releases bring a ton of attention to the brand. Plenty of people who strike out will rage cop other pairs they've been thinking about getting or Nike products they stumble upon just to feel like they got something out of all the time they spent.
But Nike still leaves a **** ton of money on the table. They aren’t a brand that needs recognition. It’s more bad business than it is good because they consistently upset the loyal sneaker heads who don’t buy other brands.

i will never understand why the dopest stuff is so limited and the stuff nobody wanted in the first place gets 121434324234324324234 restocks, goes on sale, etc. and we get 50 million emails about how they're still in stock.

wish we could get half of that energy with releases like these instead.
Because the limited stuff is dope through it’s exclusivity. If these Ben and jerrry were mass produced and released 8 million times most wouldn’t want them

but think about how much worse it is if you over-saturate your brand and people stop buying your products and you have products sitting on the shelves waiting for discount land

:rofl:Nike’s primary revenue doesn’t come from sneaker heads. Our purchases don’t even register in their big picture. We’re just a marketing element.
Yea but the marketing they get from the hypebeast crap allows them to make a ton of money off the bull**** we don’t want

but think about how much worse it is if you over-saturate your brand and people stop buying your products and you have products sitting on the shelves waiting for discount land
Adidas did this with the Ultraboost - a couple of years ago (around when the UB 4.0 released and before), it was impossible to find them for under retail and most releases would sell out. They started pumping out the colorways and re-releasing previous ones, and eventually they started hitting clearance racks.

Nike has been doing a decent job of dropping super-hyped, super-limited releases of their popular (and sometimes unpopular) silhouettes, which has to give the GRs you can grab at the mall more attention than they would have had otherwise (Travis Scott Air Max 270 is a good upcoming example).

Dunks are in a weird category because you can barely get GRs these days.

I have accepted the fact that I will not win the Ben and Jerrys. Gonna try my luck with SB x Haagen Dazs joints.

Adidas did this with the Ultraboost - a couple of years ago (around when the UB 4.0 released and before), it was impossible to find them for under retail and most releases would sell out. They started pumping out the colorways and re-releasing previous ones, and eventually they started hitting clearance racks.

Nike has been doing a decent job of dropping super-hyped, super-limited releases of their popular (and sometimes unpopular) silhouettes, which has to give the GRs you can grab at the mall more attention than they would have had otherwise (Travis Scott Air Max 270 is a good upcoming example).

Dunks are in a weird category because you can barely get GRs these days.
Honestly adidas had the right idea they just over did it. I think theres a balance between re releasing and over-saturating. Nike could definitely do that and make more people happy but theyd rather not

Back
Top Bottom