2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

When do these drop ?

Attachments

• C2C0E08C-5D65-44EF-88B7-3BC80C4C04DF.png
    C2C0E08C-5D65-44EF-88B7-3BC80C4C04DF.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 485
Forgot what month it was, but it was 2004 and I was in college and it was my first Nike SB. For me it was too easy to get these.

Krudco skate shop in Rochester NY had got them in. There was no hype at all at that store. I remember calling the shop and asking the owner to hold a pair for me because I had to get my friend to drive me 25 miles to get them and he said don’t worry “No one wants these”

The price was 130 per shoe and he offered me the option to purchase around 5 if I wanted. I was a broke college student so I only purchased 2 pairs.

I told my boy that drove me that he should get a pair and he scoffed at me because they were a pink based sneaker and they weren’t AF1s or Jordan’s

My girlfriend at the time thought I was wasting money on the 2nd pair, but I ended up selling the second pair for 300 a few months later.

To piggyback off what vampire xtc vampire xtc said. I was shocked people weren’t going crazy for these at first. The artwork on the shoe sealed it for me that these were amazing alone. But in 2004 men weren’t into pink sneakers. I also remember running around in 2005 in NYC like a crazy person for Union 180s as well.

It was interesting to see how easy it was for Unkles vs 1 year later for Tiffany’s and hyped and difficult that shoe was.

Unkles are still one of my favorite sneakers to this day.

Those unions were a MOVEMENT come spring summer time 05 they just blew the hell up outta nowhere

The Tiffany gained a lot of hype off the sample picture which ironically didn’t have the croc skin it was a suede

and that Tiffany color popped HARD

the final product was still amazing with the croc but that sample was tuff lol

in nyc when that dropped ironically mostly Asian heads scooped those up when they dropped it was kinda funny 90% of people rocking them or trying to resell them was Asians

Use to see mad Asian chicks rocking the hell outta them back in the day it was kinda sexy thing to behold lol

most pairs resold like $200 back then and on the high $250 which most felt was way too much for them

now a days a beat to death pair is 5-600 lol

Vu came through with the raffle win. He said they had 3000 entries. Got them late and opened the raffle for 5 hours on a Tuesday afternoon. Love Gary, he’s always been good to me - win or lose. I’ve lost my share there, and I could tell he was stoked to call with good news.

7FB89112-C705-4176-8E72-8E74BAEDB22C.jpeg
That Board screams Bmore. Fam I know you got the backdoor special on those. And you aint lying bout Gary. Stand up guy. Nice to see someone here on NT win from VU.

That Board screams Bmore. Fam I know you got the backdoor special on those. And you aint lying bout Gary. Stand up guy. Nice to see someone here on NT win from VU.
Haha, I wish I had that hookup. If you’ve met/know him, you already know he’s the Skate Mayor of the town. There are 6000 people in line ahead of me that would finesse a hookup first.

seems like most shops are dropping fcfs iso for these kbs., which is kinda obvious since they're ol. i called my whole list today and while most didn't answer, a lot have said that they'll be doing fcfs due to the reopening of shops rn. man calling shops ****ing sucks now though, you just feel guilty as you can hear how sick they are of sb calls. i'm probably just gonna stick to pulling links from ig posts now since that's where they refer you to 90% of the time now. if you're in denver go enter this raffle for local pickup since it ends tomorrow, rest of shops will be posted tomorrow since most shops are posting then.

also disgusted by the comments on familia and cal surf right now, resellers stating that they "deserved it" for backdooring. obviously not everybody is gonna get the shoes and this situation is just more than shoes rn. a ****ing local business looted. local. man i'm all for the movement but destroying your own community is not the way to go about it. i hope that the protesters manage to get their message observed while being separated from the looters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom