2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Do you own those stores?

Have you commented in the George Floyd thread once?

You didn't answer my question. I am legitimately and openly trying to understand the looting of small mom and pop shops that serve neighborhoods. I understand the anger against the police, the legal and jail system, the government, etc., but please help me understand the looting against small local businesses.

You didn't answer my question. I am legitimately and openly trying to understand the looting of small mom and pop shops that serve neighborhoods. I understand the anger against the police, the legal and jail system, the government, etc., but please help me understand the looting against small local businesses.

I do not care. It's property. Property can be replaced.

Most of these small businesses don't give a damn about the community and only take from it.

Maybe you should go in a thread of substance where people will gladly tell you why.

Got ‘99 UNLV in today.

98807949-F74E-4C05-B074-B0D09BB883C7.jpeg

Out & about in this lovely weather today

Got it last Tuesday, only today decided to try it on for a spin. I could still size down half a size after installing a pair of sneaker shields and they fit well [Sz US 10]... uhm, to me, similar fit with AF1 lows.

No regrets getting a pair. Grails acquired! Sure wish i could double up but after some thoughts i can't fathom the resale on these bad boys, lol!

Everything’s so hard to get now but I really want those ACGs. Finally got Lazer Oranges (Aliza’s) on the way if it doesn’t get looted first. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Grails that been out a week eh?
I also love people who are know-it-all. Gee, while grail status is generally reserved for more limited shoes, there doesn’t have to be any rhyme or reason for why someone chose a specific pair to be their grails. So, you do you, chums

Can there be levels to a ‘grail’? Grailable grailevels...
I have a good list of pairs I’d like to attain but I would only call one of them a grail.

Can there be levels to a ‘grail’? Grailable grailevels...
I have a good list of pairs I’d like to attain but I would only call one of them a grail.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I have some sneakers I want at the top of my list, but only one I would consider a grail because of how hard it will be to find and own a pair. What's yours? My personal grail is an autographed FTB Kobe 11. I feel like that is totally unattainable now because of obvious reasons and because anybody who has a pair won't be willing to let go of them unless there's some ridiculous offer thrown their way.

I honestly have my “grails” and don’t really have any others, cept maybe og 85 breds.

GOATS and GRAILS are a completely different level
How u figure? Everytime a basketball player has a great game or does a great move in a game you see people commenting about them being the goat. A rapper comes out with a good song or album... Oh they are the goat.... a new shoe comes out and people commenting grails.... seems the same to me. No judging, just stating people are too liberal with those 2 words..

How u figure? Everytime a basketball player has a great game or does a great move in a game you see people commenting about them being the goat. A rapper comes out with a good song or album... Oh they are the goat.... a new shoe comes out and people commenting grails.... seems the same to me. No judging, just stating people are too liberal with those 2 words..
Misuse of the term....
G.O.A.T. - Greatest Of All Time.
GRAIL - 1: The cup or platter used according to medieval legend by Christ at the Last Supper and thereafter the object of knightly quests. 2 : the object of an extended or difficult quest.

A good game, song or album doesn't make you the goat nor does winning a raffle for shoes recently released constitute as grails.

Both terms are basically just ways to describe how we feel about an item or a person.

If you feel an item brings you the most joy then for sure it can be your grail.

If you feel an individual is the best at their particular profession and the GOAT, that’s totally perfect as well.

The most important thing is that we respect each other and embrace the uniqueness between us.

Hearing stories throughout the years about people’s grails or the significance/impact their GOAT has played in their life is inspiring.

Glad we can all be here to enjoy this hobby and forum.

Always have enjoyed this particular thread and the positivity that perseveres.

Misuse of the term....
G.O.A.T. - Greatest Of All Time.
GRAIL - 1: The cup or platter used according to medieval legend by Christ at the Last Supper and thereafter the object of knightly quests. 2 : the object of an extended or difficult quest.

A good game, song or album doesn't make you the goat nor does winning a raffle for shoes recently released constitute as grails.
That's exactly my point... I'm not comparing the 2, I'm saying they are both words often misused... Those definitions both prove what I was trying to say

I honestly have my “grails” and don’t really have any others, cept maybe og 85 breds.
Lance mountains have been a grail to me ever since exactly 6 years ago this week when they came out (**** twitter link only releases). They were one of my grails on release day, one of my grails 2.5 years later when I finally got them, and still a grail 6 years later now that I have them. I've had other shoes that were grails that I got tired of and sold.

You never heard of love at first sight?

Lance mountains have been a grail to me ever since exactly 6 years ago this week when they came out (**** twitter link only releases). They were one of my grails on release day, one of my grails 2.5 years later when I finally got them, and still a grail 6 years later now that I have them. I've had other shoes that were grails that I got tired of and sold.
You never heard of love at first sight?
Love at first sight, a favorite shoe, and Grails are all different terms, but can interchange at some point.
You can fall out of love.
You can change your favorite shoe preference.
The cup of christ wasn't the "grail" until it became sought after years later. It was just the cup used by christ at the time....

Back
Top Bottom